Xbox No Save Function Is Madness.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by nockwurst, Aug 26, 2022.

1. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

That’s it. That’s the post.

• Like Like x 3
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Well, would you want a broken and unreliable save function then?

3. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Used it in TSW and TSW2 the last two years, and yes, it is better than nothing. Hands down.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

The current save is better than no save. I‘ve had a few instances of the derail bug recently and the existing save has worked In some cases. Without it it would have been game over.

• Like Like x 11
  5. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Over no save? yes.
    One that works 50% of the time is better than having it 0% of the time.

• Like Like x 7
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Literally 15 minutes ago, I derailed on horseshoe curve at 20mph when I reduced my dynamic brake from 1.9 to 1.8. Restored the save and finished the remaining 4 miles of the run fine.

• Like Like x 5
  7. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

This. Though it is, in the main, unreliable, the save function can also provide a workaround for everything else that is wrong with the game. Without it, these long freight runs would be impossible right now, because the buffer spacing is so broken, due to the SOS patch.

TSW3 will have no save function. But, all the other problems will persist. With no workaround, many of these services will be unplayable. It stands to reason, then, that TSW3 will be, in many ways, also unplayable.

Or, if you prefer, madness.

• Like Like x 4
  8. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

Broken and unreliable is better than non existent

• Like Like x 1
  9. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Well at least there is still a small possibility for a working Quick Resume for us, although it hasn't been confirmed and it's quite unlikely... never had problems with that back then.

10. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

Well if this is true maybe potential buyers should consider saving something else 1st.(Here's a clue as what it is $$$).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, there are still plenty of routes for me where the save function seems to work ok (on PS5), so I'd rather have it in its current state than not at all.

• Like Like x 4
  12. gobig#1834

gobig#1834 Member

This is complete Madness. I only play the American routes, and I don't often have the time to complete these long runs in one sitting. The save function, while severly flawed, was the only way I could complete these services over the span of a few days. DTG should not release unfinished and flawed games just to get them out the door for a quick buck. It's a great sim, but poor management of the product. In stead of fixing it, they took the lazy route and just removed it. They have knowen for a very long time that this was a problem and they chose to ignore it to get TWS3 out the door.

13. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Save function saved my journey multiple times doing the 8F freight services during SOS release. I saved into the siding the train would derail I would re load it brake slightly smoother and it was totally fine. Especially useful as I like to observe the 30-40mph speed limits like they had to in real life :)

The only route it broke a service on for me was one time on WSR where I reset every time the jackhammer effect took place (though thankfully thats now out of the game)

14. raptorengineer

raptorengineer Active Member

the resume play on tsw2 seem to work for me. only downside was the time kept getting reset when you loaded from that save point. so there no resume play in tsw3.

15. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

I'd definitely take a buggy save function over no save at all - some of the scenarios, routes and services are so time-consuming that I literally don't have time to complete them in one sitting, and I'm not going to leave my XSX powered on for potentially days on end just to complete a run.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

For these cases Quick Resume should do the trick, even after you switched off your console. I haven't tried it yet but at least leaving TSW3 in Main Menu and returning later on didn't cause any problems yet and Quick Resume doesn't differentiate between Menus or ingame so there is a good possibility for this to work.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. nepclassof84

Quick resume isn’t going to save me if the game crashes or I pass a signal in danger or I mess up a scenario or a number of other things that save has save me many hours in the past.

And what’s even frustrating is that it’s already there in the game just disabled from the ui. If people on the pc can install uuu and play it with the save as it was there is no reason it can’t be turned on while it’s fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. darylb88

darylb88 Member

I was in a scenario on Cajon Pass on Series S and turned it of completly.. I turned my Xbox on the next day and quick resume worked perfectly. it's not the perfect soloution but a temp workaround.

• Like Like x 1
  19. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Quick resume is OK unless you decide to play another game, or there is a power cut, or if there is an update or if you run a red light etc etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

8/10 or 9/10 times on Xbox it failed for me (many different ways from red lights to full brake application not coming off) so I gave up and never used it since

For reference the red lights across the route was on BML and brake application was on HBL

bit like mastery tbh, most of my stuff from that were accidental unlocks, any time I try the tasks they don’t register

if DTG have took it away to stop that then that will be great

if it was still here at the minute I wouldn’t use it, just too small chance it works

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  21. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

My PS5 experience is far more positive, quite often being able to resume a service with no problem. Red lights were occasionally an issue on BML, but that didn't always require a save to go wrong!

• Like Like x 1
  22. nepclassof84

You should give it a try … for me and many others it’s been 9/10 or better it works. There’s been people trying to break it who cannot.

there is no reason whatsoever that the current save could not be kept in the game while they fix it

• Like Like x 2
  23. gobig#1834

gobig#1834 Member

Dovetail - What is the status of putting this back in? This has been a known problem for sometime. TWS3 should have never launched without a fully functional save feature.

• Like Like x 1
  24. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

i still get random derails with german trains. better remove all of them until its sorted and never happens.

• Like Like x 1