Some General Issues I’ve Noticed So Far

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TimTri, Sep 2, 2022.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I’m on PS4, playing on the newest patch. Just writing down some minor issues while I’m playing the game and having a great time! :)
    • Settings in submenus don’t save unless you click “apply” before switching to the next submenu (e.g. from general to controls). But the popup warning you to save your changes only appears if you try to exit the settings menu entirely.
    • Some of the menu flows are weird. There’s no longer a route “hub” screen where you can choose timetable mode, journey and tutorials for all included locos. You now have to access each of these modes separately. (e.g. ICE 1 tutorial requires you to enter training center and then select the ICE1, it’s not available by clicking on the Kassel-Würzburg route. And you have to click on journeys -> route to access the chapters instead of being able to select the route first).
    • Journey chapters are now locked unless you complete the previous one(s). This kinda sucks as it forces you to follow a linear path instead of being able to freely choose.
    • I get thrown into the wagon/loco selector of the livery designer after completing a tutorial and exiting to the main menu.
    • My SEHS progress (ported over from TSW2) shows 100/100 collectibles. Does that mean the new parts of the route don’t contain any new collectibles, or is this just a visual/graphic bug?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Outsider looking in. That's not good as many Journey Mode flows have bugged runs or scenarios, never fixed by DTG, but in TSW2 you can just skip past these by calling up the chapter list and selecting the next one.

• Like Like x 6
  3. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

More:
    • The upper level in the northern part of Kassel station is not accessible on foot (as well as the stairs and ramps connecting to it). This is likely unintended as there are working PIS screens in the inaccessible area (blocked by invisible walls).
    • In Fulda, one of the footramps (the left one if viewed on the route map) leading to the underground passage in the south is blocked by an invisible wall despite being accessible by the player from overground and underground. You just can’t walk on it.
    • Train PIS is overall very inconsistent, doesn’t work often on Kassel-Würzburg, all trains affected. And when it works, there are often errors. For example, screens inside an ICE1 showed “Fulda,,Fulda,” as the destination. I also haven’t seen any working AI PIS whatsoever on the route.
    • ICE interior lights don’t work unless you’re inside of a tunnel or in a similarly dark place. No gauge lights, instrument lights, passenger lights. Nothing.
    • Fulda and Würzburg station & scenery assets sometimes don’t load in for quite a while. I drove directly on dirt just now ;)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  4. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Playing some more services today, mainly on SEHS and SKW.
    • Station pop-in also seems to be present on SEHS. Ebbsfleet International (as well as all the track, scenery and catenary) essentially only started appearing after I drove past the area directly on the dirt/grass.
    • The speed limit HUD display is a bit wonky and inconsistent on Kassel-Würzburg. I’ve had a few instances (especially going from Würzburg to Fulda) of incorrect speed limit increase notifications (250 -> 280 km/h) which didn’t end up happening.
    • I’m subscribed to a custom Class 395 livery on Creator’s Club, and now almost all the AI trains on SEHS appear with it. I don’t think the custom livery percentage is supposed to be 100%.
    • The questionable lack of emergency brake recovery during loco tutorials has been mentioned a few times already. I don’t really get it as it’s a big issue especially for newcomers with little experience.
    • Sensitivity appears to occasionally change from tutorials/introductions to services, and I haven’t found a 100% match to the default TSW2 sensitivity. Setting 4 out of 10 comes close, though!
    • The crosshair visibility (and sometimes also the stop marker on/off) setting appears to return to default (100%) after restarting the game every time.

Worth noting that I’m having a great time with the game, all of the stuff I’m listing here is relatively minor and not gamebreaking.

5. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

• Noticed this when stopped at Kassel station during a rainy evening: Rain appears to be entering the wagons of the ICE1, including the restaurant car.
    • When driving the Class 395 on the HS1 section of SEHS, the blue TVM marker indicator in the speedometer HUD appears to be a few KM/H above the red speed limit marker. The TVM number display in the train itself is correct.

6. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

What? Are you having fun? For me those are game breaking issues.

7. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Yay! Driving trains on dirty! What a FUN exp!

8. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

Crazy times...

9. mafioSSi

mafioSSi New Member

You probably never experienced any real game breaking issues

• Like Like x 1
  10. Birita

Birita Well-Known Member

I played Tsw 2....

11. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

The pop in doesn’t happen every time. I noticed it twice in SKW and once on SEHS since early access began. In fact, I haven’t seen it at all within the last two days, so perhaps it was just related to loading the station areas for the first time ever or has already been fixed in the patch they published at the end of last week.

In fact, overall performance has improved. It‘s a bit better than TSW2 in demanding situations. I was especially surprised by the smoothness of the Spirit of Steam route.

12. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Well observed.

Options saving: I can confirm
    menu flows: I agree, they need a little rework, you cannot jump back to the menu for a specific route, so we loose two mouse clicks here.
    Journey chapter: I have seen this for some chapters. I agree this restriction should be removed. It is pointless and indeed may block playing Journey mode. Not sure if this applies to all Journey chapters.
    Livery designer: I did not try this.
    Collectible count: I think they just forgot to implement the counters. It is not working at all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

The livery designer stuff was probably just a one-off. Happened the first time I booted up the game and never reoccurred.

14. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

• At Fulda station, on Platform 3/4, an elevated electricity line runs parallel to the tracks and platform. The line‘s towers/poles protrude the platform roof multiple times. Just want to make sure this is intended as it looks quite out of place.
    • Really want to stress the issue with the incorrectly placed speed limit markers/notifications on Kassel-Würzburg as it makes the route basically unplayable for those who don’t use the LZB safety system. Coming from Kassel, I got multiple conflicting messages when entering Fulda, such as a 250 km/h message (which didn’t actually change my speed limit) and a 100 km/h one (which did change my speed limit) just 500 meters later. This will definitely have to be looked into.
    • At Würzburg station, I encountered a problematic AI train on platform 10 (RE 55, departure at 15:37). The DoSto cab car had the permanent bright headlight issue (mentioned on the forums many times, also present in DCZ on TSW2). The coupling between the cab car and the next wagon was incomplete, so a vertical steel plate prevented walking between carriages. In the lower floor of that wagon, I encountered an invisible wall. And of course, the in-train PIS did not work.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1