Port Jefferson Line (long Island Railroad)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by JoeTransit, Jul 2, 2018.

1. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

It would be great to see the Port Jefferson Line (the most iconic line of the Long Island Railroad) of NYC be incorporated into Train Simulator, as there are many beautiful sights to see, such as the NYC Skyline when coming up on the East River Tunnels, Sunnyside Yard, HAROLD Interlocking, and even more! I, myself am a commuter on this specific line and I would absolutely love to see it simulated with DM30AC power cars and C3 coaches, along with M7 and M3 EMUs to electrified areas, of which there is more info in my thread in Loco Suggestions & Proposals. Default scenarios could be Port Jefferson - New York Penn Express, Huntington - New York Penn Local, Long Island City - Port Jefferson Express, etc. Please consider this suggestion as I, myself, would love to see it and I'm sure the world will love it too.

• Like Like x 8
  2. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Oh you have no idea how many LIRR proposals people have made here. Everybody wants both the LIRR and the Metro North Hudson Line. So far, DTG hasn't said anything about it. The next American route that's supposed to be released is Raton Pass, but maybe after that we'll get the LIRR. It would be nice to see an American commuter route for a change, instead of another mountain pass route. They'll have to do it eventually, because there's only so many mountain passes in the country that they can cover before they finish them all.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Lawjester

Lawjester Well-Known Member

Great proposal! The Port Jefferson Branch is one of my favorites and is good for TS because it’s long enough but not too long and uses both the DM30AC’s and the M7’s. M3’s would be awesome, but I wouldn’t expect DTG to make them with release, possibly after but if you see how they handled the Metro North M2s, then we’ll never know. I hope to see the LIRR represented in TSW and TS18 because it deserves to be in both!

• Like Like x 2
  4. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I would also hope they include the Atlantic Ave Branch for a bit of variety in scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattg17

Mattg17 Member

If they do that then you'd be able to have the interesting train 1728 express run from Brooklyn, so that wouldn't be a bad idea.

6. Lawjester

Is that the train that bypasses Jamaica and runs express to Westbury? That’s the only revenue train that originates from Atlantic Terminal and bypasses Jamaica.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mattg17

Mattg17 Member

Not only bypasses Jamaica on the freight track but also runs left hand running from QUEENS to either AMOTT or all the way to Huntington the last time I checked.

8. Lawjester

I don’t think they wrong rail it purposely, it could be done often though if there is a blockage on track one. But yeah Port Jefferson would be my top pick for TS1 because of the amount of variety in it. TSW possibly one day but now we could only see a smaller branch happen.

9. JoeTransit

JoeTransit Member

Thanks Dovetail! :)

10. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Hopefully we’ll see the Port Jefferson Branch when they release the DM30AC’s lirr Locomotive c3 Double decker cab cars on Train Sim World someday in the future.

11. lachlan smith

lachlan smith Active Member

l hope they will come to train sim world 2