South Eastern High Speed Extended Feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by londonmidland, Sep 2, 2022.

1. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

They could have left the sound of the 375 as it was before, it was a pleasure to use it in SEHS and now it is torture.
    The volume level is very low in the cockpit and the beep of the AWS is so loud that it pierces your eardrum, especially if you play with headphones. It is completely unacceptable and a threat to your hearing health.
    But don't they themselves notice these things when they test it?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Just tried playing a London-Faversham 395 service and got stuck at a red light near Strood...in a queue of around 4 trains due to one train at Strood going nowhere. :(

• Like Like x 2
  3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Oops… Can’t blame the save game for that one! Sounds like the timetable got itself dogknotted, the peril of putting more trains in same as happened with BML. Now that did get a rework so hopefully if this becomes a huge issue SEHS might need the same.

Probably helpful to the devs if you list the actual service/scenario details, whether running early or late etc.

4. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I didn't take note of it. I remember it was an early service, around 6am-9am leaving St Pancras (not much help I know). It would be either 1F08, 5F20, 1F12 or 1F16 (I can't tell from the timetable screen as I had to abort the service so there is no medal next to it).

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Wasn't the whole point of de-coupling the trains from the routes (which Matt has cited as one of the main reasons for there being a TSW3) that there wouldn't be a need for multiple versions? Why isn't there just the best, most recent version replacing all of the older ones?

• Like Like x 5
  6. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

yes, just taken the 377 out for a first couple of runs and you’re right there’s no deceleration sounds, which is disappointing; hopefully will be corrected very soon.

it’s strange though because when waiting for the train to arrive at the platform on the joining up scenario, you can hear the usual traction motor deceleration noise, but then not when the second train arrives or when driving the rest of the scenario ( or at all when driving)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  7. PseudoStalker

PseudoStalker Well-Known Member

Can't hear the Class 465 DSD.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

On PS5:
    - Not getting and deacceleration/ braking sounds on the 375/9
    - sounds need rebalancing for the 375/9
    - all the AI do not have there PIS on at all
    - 375/9 front PIS is too large again, should be the same as the 377 from BML
    - 465 Signal bell plays sound a couple times over each other when pressed once

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  9. surreychuff#3060

Frame rate on PS5 at Ashford is a bit poor, but really dropped very significantly on the first run in journey mode from Ashford to st Pancras where you don’t stop at Ebbsfleet; thought the game was going to crash on approach and going through Ebbsfleet station… not sure if it’s the stations specifically or linked to another Javelin being there.

also got a red light on approach into Stratford when leaving the tunnel and there was a train parked at the platform… this could be me not paying attention as I’ve never had a red light on this stretch of the route

• Like Like x 1
  10. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

A couple things I've noticed:

No stop markers at Greenhithe or Newington.

No 12 car stop at Stratford Int'l P2

Fork Pit tunnel is too light.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  11. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

Idk how no one noticed how messed up the 375 was before early access, it used to be one of my favourite units on BML just because it worked and the sounds were better than the other electrostars and now it seems like they've messed that up as well.

• Like Like x 2
  12. BlackSkyuk

BlackSkyuk Active Member

Passengers trying to go up and down the same escalator as Ebbsfleet International.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  13. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I have an issue on the new Southeastern high speed on the class 375 when you're leaving faversham heading for London Cannon Street the front of the train will save London Cannon Street but where do drivers tits will say Rochester there must be a tissue direct me to be fixed before Tuesday before the release

Attached Files:

14. ionutmineadaniel

ionutmineadaniel Well-Known Member

Can you make it possible to sit on the platform seats just like on the training center?

• Like Like x 1
  15. taybarker20

taybarker20 Active Member

Is there any coupling/uncoupling services at Ashford international with the 395?

16. surreychuff#3060

just re-ran this from a fresh load of the game and the frame hits were minimal; wonder if it’s similar to BLM where if you did too many consecutive runs it didn’t like it, but fresh reboots runs worked ok …

got my red lights coming into Stratford and then into ST Pancras… not stuck just busy, so this is good! Need to be on my toes with this re-worked timetable!

17. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

upload_2022-9-4_16-33-44.png

The route is so good to drive, but am I the only one that feels like Ashford Depot is like a scene out of a horror film?

The lighting is off with rain managing to fall through the depot...

other than that, this route has been worth every dollar for the upgrade to TSW3.

• Like Like x 3
  18. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It’s maybe more of a core issue going back to the original TSW, but approaching Ashford on a Down run you get turned into one of the back platforms. HUD displays upcoming limit of 60 km/h but almost immediately you are on a 40 km/h crossover. The core issue is that the HUD should default to the next lower limit if the braking distance from the previous speed restriction start is less than required. However there was also no indication on the actual cab speed display that a lower restriction was upcoming. At this point so far as I can tell you are still running under cab signalling, no fixed speed or warning boards.

Having now gained the route knowledge I’ll probably remember next time, but it is an ongoing weakness of how the HUD presents information.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

I did my very first SEHS run this morning (I've mostly been driving German routes in the past). The Class 395 09:35 1L20 service St-Pancras-St.Pancras (terminating at Ashford) is bugged: at Ashford trains are stuck blocking the route. See screenshot below.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. seancrabtree2003

seancrabtree2003 Active Member

When departing ebsfleets internationnplatform 6 we have an indicator for DK should just be a D in real life

• Like Like x 1
  21. PseudoStalker

PseudoStalker Well-Known Member

Please bring the range and the speed to the same general values. If the speed is in miles, then the distance should be in miles, not meters. If the speed is in kilometers, then the distance must be in kilometers, not miles.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

Small bug: there is a gap in the wall of St. Pancras international, at the western wall opposite the domestic platforms (go down the stairs, transfer to the international platforms, walk around towards the head of the station, walk up to the outer most platform at the west, and search for a gap in the wall). It's possible to 'jump off' the platform onto the street there. Walked around a bit but nothing to find there and no way to return to the platforms as you've jumped down.

Fun fact: cars stop when you hinder them and start to honk when you do that for too long :D

• Like Like x 1
  23. johnmcglade17

Siri say pa announcement problem on the class 395 on the system we're leaving the next station is Rainham when it's really sittingbourne and either the pictures what I've taken

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Dewedin

Dewedin New Member

I get a stutter interrupting the DSD or AWS horn just after they start sounding. It happens every time and was also the case in TSW2. It is very annoying. Definitely happens in the 395 but I think it affects all the stock.

• Like Like x 1
  25. johnmcglade17

The sign at the side of the train should say London Victoria

Attached Files:

26. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

SEHS my favorite out of the launch route. I love the new timetable and the night lighting is much better. The German route has great scenery but to be honest it gets boring driving with only one stop an not much activity. Freight or steam are not my thing so I have no comment. To be honest I’m more looking forward to the bakerloo 600+ timetable services and new timetable for Hamburg .tsw3 give me hope that we will get brighton mail line extended to include west groydon,london bridge branch and the 700. I’m still on the fence about dynamic weather. Need to give it more time before I judge.please I hope we are on a pre final release since most AI trains destination display are empty. But I’m enjoying the game and I think we can look forward to the future.This is my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  27. johnmcglade17

At the stations passionate boards nominee on tsw2 it was clean London Victoria on TSW 3 it says Victoria is this a bug was this what type of it if you can get it is me London Victoria that would be a lot better and I took pictures of it as well

Attached Files:

28. max1313

max1313 Active Member

Could you please add southern AI trains at Ashford international. I think that’s the only service missing there. This could be done in you own east coastway

• Like Like x 1
  29. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t the information screen in the 375 blank after a certain speed?

30. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

The Southern trains at Ashford International use class 171 trains, which we don't have in TSW. You can't put a 377 at Ashford as the line used by Southern is unelectrified.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. MAX1319

MAX1319 Well-Known Member

Ok thank you for that information. Didn't know that. I guess the 171 would have to wait until brighton main line gets extended to london bridge with the 171 and 700TL :)

• Like Like x 2
  32. Bvhleken

Bvhleken New Member

In Southeastern High Speed, Rail Journey, Guided Ecxperience - Olympian - 1J07 Dover Priory to St Pancras Intl. the game can't be finnished!
    Just passed Ebbsfleet Domistic, ALL and I mean ALL trains are stopped with red lights and even after 1 hour they are still red and nothing is mouving !!!

33. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Because decoupling only applies to new TSW3 routes. Legacy routes still have locos coupled.

34. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Have you had any response on this? I noticed you posted the question last September (6 months). Is this another thing that will just not get fixed?

35. RedTiger SA92

RedTiger SA92 Member

Probably this message:
    The issue reported has now been logged for further investigation and this ticket will be marked as resolved. Please bear in mind that support staff are not developers or QA testers, which is why we won't always be able to confirm an issue or provide updates on the progress of a solution. However, we are doing our best to log and prioritize community issues, to get the best result for our community members. Please read on to learn more about the process your report will go through.

And you never hear from it again, and even worse it will probably never be fixed.

36. triznya.andras

triznya.andras Well-Known Member

Absolutely supporting it. It's one of the major things with TSC as well. Manageable but awkward.
    There are some typical arguments against it:
    • New body features could mean the necessity to upgrade all liveries to match it.
    • Updated physics might mismatch previous timetables and thus mess up scenarios.
    • On top of that, advanced features like startup procedures can also fail timetables if they previously didn't account for it.
    If the old routes (scenarios) reference a specific loco, they all have to be edited to replace them.
    Which creates an interesting issue, which version should people receive. Steam doesn't handle it when multiple DLC installs the same files, so either we'd have to keep managing it manually like the USA/RoW livery packages, or people would automatically get rolling stock updates for free. (Applies to coaches and wagons as well.) This is bit of a swamp.

An alternative is to have a global descriptor listing a version preference, so you get to use the best you have, except for conditions. It can get a bit deep as well, although it's probably the easiest. Except eventually it gets really big. Consider the BR 101 iterations from TSC... (and no, you cannot use the latest one everywhere, because physics)

37. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That's only for loco dlcs, not trains as part of a route dlc. It doesn't take away multiple versions of the same train. Can't have just 1 central train cuz each dlc is treated like a separate game so it needs the train and appropriate assets to be able to run at all. And for reasons listed above.