Ice 1 Undrivable Over 160 Kmh

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Volvo B10M, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

I am trying to drive the 401 on the ICE route but as soon as it hit 160 the brakes are applied with no warning and will not reset after stopping even pressed release, acknowledge and restarted but no difference. Why is it doing this and how am I supposed to release the brakes or if this could be another situation that requires signaller intervention that can't be done by player?

2. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

In Germany, 160 is an absolute speed limit unless running under LZB

• Like Like x 4
  3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

You've got PZB turn on but not LZB. Either turn LZB on or PZB off

• Like Like x 1
  4. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

I have both LZB and PZB turned on but it still happens, also why can't I release the brakes?

5. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Press the “hill fil” button (i think that’s what it’s called

• Like Like x 1
  6. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

And does this happen on a section where LZB is actually active? The station areas of Fulda and Würzburg are PZB only.

7. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

LZB needs AFB enabled as well for LZB to automatically adhere to line speeds.

Once you enter an LZB enabled section of the route, shown as a U on the hud with an audible buzzer you can then set AFB to 250km/h and throttle to a setting best suited to the weather conditions you are driving under.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

I was not exceeding line speeds as I was in a 250 section so it should not have braked for speeding, I have never had AFB working on any trains I have driven in TSW.

9. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

The tutorials are decent this time round.

10. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

The tutorials are irrelevant to this issue, I have LZB on, I am using LZB but there is a brake application.

11. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Then you are not under active LZB monitoring. Switching LZB on does not mean you are able to drive faster than 160kph. It's just on and suspended until you reach a track section that is LZB equipped and then LZB will go into monitoring mode and then you might be able to drive faster, if the track/lzb speed allows it.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  12. Volvo B10M

Volvo B10M Active Member

So I can only do 160 on this route? How do I unlock use of 250/280?

13. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

What route? If the route is not equipped with LZB then you can only reach speeds above 160 when switching off PZB and LZB. Then you can drive as fast as you want, basically.

14. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I suspect since no one else seems to have the issue then it may be user error.
    That’s is fine though as the German trains are complicated and I think we all struggle.

Is there any way you can link a video of what’s happening or give us an exact description. E.g. exactly where the brake application happens with screenshots?

15. 2martens

2martens Well-Known Member

As in early access only Kassel-Würzburg is available as German route, I assume you mean that route and don't use the ICE through scenario planner on SEHS, for example. In that case, you need to have LZB turned on and be in active monitoring like Maik said. When you start an ICE service in Kassel or Fulda, and you activate LZB the first time, it starts already in monitoring mode, because both stations are LZB covered and in the real world the train was already LZB monitored when entering the station.

If you disable and enable LZB again in those cases, it does NOT start in monitored mode. This means you are under PZB only (even on an LZB-equipped part of route) until you encounter an LZB sign which allows you to enter LZB monitoring.

16. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

If you have LZB turned on but are not under LZB monitoring (look for the blue U symbol to confirm monitoring is active) then PZB (if turned on) will restrict you to a maximum of 165. Remember under LZB monitoring you are still required to comply with any speed restrictions its sets, for example, if there is a train in the next or same (under dark signal) block you will not be able to do 250/280.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022