Do Tsw3 Base Routes Count Toward Dlc Limit?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pveezy, Sep 5, 2022.

1. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Since the PS5 issue still isn’t fixed I was wondering:

In TSW2 the 3 original routes are built into the base game and can’t be uninstalled so they don’t count toward the DLC limit as far as I know.

TSW3 base routes can be purchased, installed, and deleted independently. Does that mean they are considered DLC individually and count toward the 64gb limit?

2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Yes unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

It's a good question - looking at how it has installed on my PC I would assume your assumption is correct - Deluxe on PC is base game plus 5 DLC's - (SOS, SEHS, Kassel Wurzburg, Cajon and Training Centre)

4. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

If you click on the game on the PS5 home screen, there is an option to manage content.

This should tell you all the content you have for the game and what is installed/uninstalled.

It should give you the size of the content but admittedly it doesn't always read the info, sometimes giving a blank instead

5. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

The DLC manager cant come soon enough

:o

• Like Like x 1
  6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The new long routes are BIG files too. It won’t take too many routes to get to 64.

7. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

But do you have to had all of TSW3 core routes installed for the game to work or can you select if you want just download i.e. just one of them?

8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

There are no core routes any more, other than Training Centre. Everything else is DLC.

9. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

I will have to decide which DLC I will download in TSW3 and which will stay in TSW2. Since I play most of the time UK and German contact, they should go there, but these might already take up more than the limit. Leaving some on TSW2 wil also take away their layers. I hope that the limit problem is solved before new DLC come out. And then there is still the problem of the save button. It is probably the best reason to keep my favourite DLC in TSW2.

10. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

From what I’ve been reading most of the changes in TSW3 won’t affect TSW2 routes… sounds like dynamic weather will work but the new lighting system won’t. I guess we find out for sure tomorrow.

But if the routes are similar then having both installed will actually be like a temporary bandaid for the DLC limit because DLC can be spread between the installs like you say.

It will be better to split by country because as we all know due to layers and substitutions, to play a route like BML on its full potential you also have to have ECW, GWR, SEHS installed.

Either way content manager can’t come soon enough. Not just for the PS5 limit issue but I’m starting to notice (in TSW2 anyway) the more DLC is installed the worse the game runs as far as FPS etc.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  11. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Thought so, thanks for confirming.

12. whiteleyaj

whiteleyaj Active Member

I hope a large focus is on Add ons manager as the install list is getting smaller now all routes count to he limit. When the release window calms down / passes - Please update on this as a focus / next steps development so we understand what is happeing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

My way around the DLC limit is to split them between TSW2 & 3. I will keep the older routes and those that I don’t play very often on 2 and transfer my more popular routes to 3, which should mean that I have all of my routes ready to play!

14. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I suppose a workaround, assuming you have the disc space, is to keep TSW2 installed. Then install some routes on TSW2 and others on TSW3, ensuring any that you need for layers are on the same base game.

15. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Snap