Ts2019 64 Bit Exception Code: 0xc0000005

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by 37114, Oct 13, 2018.

1. 37114

37114 Active Member

Hi,

TS is constantly crashing on me and i get the following error:

Saved log to...

C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\RailWorks\TempDump\

Exception Code: 0xC0000005

Exception Info: ACCESS VIOLATION

Please contact our Customer Support Team at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com

Anyone else having this problem or have any idea what is causing it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

You are more than likely missing one of the 3 three dependencies needed. they are list on their support page.

3. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

i had same problem and i installed those dependencies and had no problems since

4. georgeuk90

georgeuk90 Active Member

I've had that too, on a scenario for a third-party route. Same place on all three tries.

Route is South Lancashire and North Cheshire and scenario is First Deltic over Chat Moss (UKTS).

5. Michael Newbury

So I now have run into this same error trying to run a work shop scenario. I checked and the dependencies list already had one was already installed. Downloaded and installed the other 2. Still get the same error as listed above. Anyone else still get the same error even after installing the 3 dependencies.

6. 37114

37114 Active Member

Thanks,

Yes I've already tried that. Still getting the same issue.

7. pickels98

pickels98 New Member

Same issue here. All dependencies were installed and the files integrity was verified. It seems that changing a route with the editor in the 64 bit version causes an 0xC0000005 stop issue when saving a *.bin file like tracks.bin.
    - some signal links are changed or disappear.
    - markers, like platformmarkers, change in lenght and can't be extended.
    Specialy third-party routes can't be edited without problems.
    Changing these routes in the 32 bit version gives no problems.

8. DANNYBOY2487

DANNYBOY2487 Active Member

I have reported this problem yesterday to Support hopefully get a solution this week

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael Newbury

So I myself just ran a integrity check and it came back saying 4025 files failed to validate it will reacquire them.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Newbury

So I have now had a chance to back and see if the integrity check worked and it did not work still get the violation error. I also have reported it and supplied the crash log file.

• Like Like x 1
  11. pickels98

pickels98 New Member

After the TS23019 uptdate I had the Access violation error in the 64-bit version and reported it to DTG support but now I also have it in the 32-bit version . Editing a route in both versions gives a file corruption. in the tracks.bin file and the tracks tiles folder. The error report file is empty. Very strange...All dependencies were reinstalled and a file integrety check was executed but it did not help.

12. Michael Newbury

You may have to do what they told me to do that is run a back up, uninstall the game make sure the railworks folder is gone from steamapps.. The shut down steam and restart it and click on install that resolved my access violation issue. But if you did all that and still the same issue. Report it to DTG so they can figure it out and if you are getting and dump errors send them the dump file so they can look at it.

13. Steve1408

Steve1408 New Member

As of today's update I am suffering the Access Violation 0xc0000005 crash when trying to load third party workshop routes, specifically the Wycombe Railway and Joint Limes V3. I have all dependencies in place. TS2019 worked fine in 64 bit until this update and appeared to be very stable..

14. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. File verification, complete reinstall, etc. Nothing worked. It's happening on the Springfield-New Haven route for me, and now that route has been rendered completely unplayable. Every single time I try to load the route with any train on any scenario or quickdrive template, it crashes on the loading screen with the same error message. I made about 5 reports to DTG about 2 months ago and I still haven't heard a single reply. I give up. I was thinking about buying a route with the Steam Autumn sale, but I think I'll just look for a different game instead.

15. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

16. John Murphy

I'm trying to do this, but it's a pain. The patch doesn't want to overwrite the old files. Even if I unzip it to the correct directory, it just doesn't work. The files basically just sit there on my drive and don't do anything.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  17. Steve1408

Steve1408 New Member

I've discovered a fix for my Wycombe Railway and Joint Lines free roam access violation problem. If I open TS2019 64-bit with ANY scenario (career, standard or free roam or any standard route) then close it down and load my WR&JL scenario, it loads perfectly normally. The only issue I now have relates to some artifacting I see in some locations. I've discounted hardware issues and have come to the conclusion it relates to the WR&JL route running in 64-bit mode.

18. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

Yes I have been getting this problem mainly in the editor which I have made many comments on it but people come at me and say DTG will not fix anything.. sorry you are experiencing this. Clear the Cache and also verify the file integrity which has helped me a little.

19. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

Hi all,
    I know this is about the 64 bit version. But I am running the 32 bit version and getting the same error. ???? strange. Can you tell me what are the 3 dependancies you have mentioned.

20. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

Ok I have found the 3 dependencies. Made sure they are installed with no luck Just getting an extra error message now.

21. brianstevens44

brianstevens44 New Member

Does dtg even bother to read these comments!

22. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If DTG's response above is accurate then the route is a third party product so the responsibility to diagnose and fix in the first instance is that third party's

23. John Murphy

I just got this error with the NY-New Haven route, which I'm pretty sure is NOT 3rd party. I've never had any problems with this route up until now and I play it all the time. This is really getting ridiculous. Also, no changes were made to the game or my PC before this happened. It seriously just happened out of nowhere for the first time on this route just now.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  24. buddha.13

buddha.13 New Member

Hi all,
    What would you deem to be 3rd party. Any route bought from steam, Any route made by the players or any route from Just trains.

25. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

The product page usually lists the developer. A lot of content on Steam/DTG is 3rd party.

26. John Murphy

It's not just 3rd party routes having this problem. I got the same error last night on New York-New Haven, and that route was developed by DTG.

27. John Murphy

I also just got this error again in the NEC New York-Philadelphia route. Now I know that wasn't 3rd party. It seems like this is starting to happen more and more frequently with more and more routes, despite me not making any changes to my hardware or the game itself and keeping all my drivers up to date. This is really getting ridiculous and something needs to be done about it ASAP.

28. John Murphy

No they probably don't. They're too busy making more overpriced broken DLC to sell instead of addressing the problems with their game.

29. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

This error also is when you update GFX drivers it seems to bug out. But it is an old engine so this change to 64 bit has brought up new errors.

30. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Sorry to disappoint but I have been reading these... this has been logged for further investigation but would appreciate some reproduction steps. Please can you provide us with more information:

- Run LogMate, and attach your LogMate Report either here or send it through to Customer Support.
    - Provide us with step-by-step instructions from start to crash of a typical play through.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 1
  31. John Murphy

I already submitted a support ticket for it and I'm in the process of trying to get a LogMate report, but it's not cooperating. The problem happens at random and it's been hard to time it when I have LogMate running. I'm still trying, though. It just happens at complete random on any route and it happens with no warning.

32. panzermann

panzermann New Member

Hello....
    I always get this error message when I call the train editor and load, then it stops after 10%. The same thing happens every time I start file error checking. Maybe I have some Train objeckt what is deficient or even accidentally a repaint is loaded?

33. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

Hi all,
    I'm starting to get this violation crash more and more now, it can take 6 or 7 attempts just to get the game loaded past the "saving scenario database" section and always gives the crash upon exiting the game, whereas before I purchased 2019 and the Waterloo-Portsmouth route, the crash was very rare.
    Has everyone else stopped getting crashes or just given up reporting them, seems very quiet on this subject?
    Forgot to say that I bought TS2019 at beginning of January.
    Cheers all.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
  34. John Murphy

I've given up reporting since DTG just automatically blames it on your PC every time, even though stuff like this doesn't happen with any other game I own and it's also happening for other people as well. I think it just comes down to the fact that they simply refuse to put out the effort to fix anything, choosing to focus all of their money and attention on cranking out and selling more overpriced DLC.

35. panzermann

panzermann New Member

@ John Murphy ...yes i can also thing with you

36. darren_44

darren_44 New Member

I'm only getting this when open the 2D map when driving on certain routes.

37. John Murphy

Just happened to me again out of nowhere. This time on the London-Brighton route. I'm really sick and tired of this. Seriously the ONLY reason I still play this game is because I invested so much money into it in the past and I feel like if I just quit, that money all goes to waste. However, it's pretty much already wasted since the game doesn't even work.

38. Scottish Train Girl

Scottish Train Girl Member

I don’t know if it’s related but this morning on the WCML over Shap the same thing happened to me about 6 times, although i was pressing alt tab to use my browser at times. Definitely not my pc as have 16 gig memory and a gtx 1060 6 gb ddr5 gpu. Have given up for now. Performed validation of files, everything ok, running in 64 bit here.

• Like Like x 1
  39. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

I think alt-tab becomes a lot more stable if you change "Full screen" to "borderless" in the graphics settings. (This is a distant memory for me though, so it could be wrong)

• Like Like x 1
  40. Scottish Train Girl

I don’t understand why having the game borderless would help with these crashes. It rarely happened before today and i have done it alot on many different routes before with little grief. I will try the borderless idea but today in full screen it was so bad it was ridiculous. The worst part isn’t the crashing it is the constant restarting the pc as the crash window doesn’t go when you press ok and nothing else works on Windows either. Constantly pressing ctrl, alt, delete to sign out or restart.

Stephanie

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  41. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

Borderless helps when using two monitors as full screen has an issue if you don't have Borderless on. not sure why this is and don't know for the crashes but the borderless option has helped.

• Like Like x 1
  42. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Out of Memory

I was told this on another forum
    " You are NOT running out of memory or Physical RAM - just that TS2020 is trying to use a memory address (in the RAM), that is protected by windows, unavailable - doesn't exist, already used and so on.
    If you depleted RAM you would get a BSOD.
    Accessing an address in the RAM that you are not supposed to - generates an "Invalid Page Fault" = OOM and ts2020 and ONLY TS2020 crashes."

Peter

43. John Murphy

And the sad part is, this problem will likely never get fixed. ;)

44. Scottish Train Girl

Indeed I am using dual monitors. The second monitor usually has 3rd rails on it following the train. Thing is I have always had a dual monitor setup and only recently has this problem arisen. As for the borderless option I have been using it the last few days and not one crash. Ah well ill never understand why it never happened before until now on full screen but at least there is a work around thankfully. Worst thing is when driving a train and you forget to pause to use the browser or something and before you know it the scenario failed lol.

Stephanie

• Like Like x 1
  45. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I tried an experiment the other day where I stared the Steam Client.
    Then I disconnected my Internet connection
    In Windows Defender>Virus and threat protection settings I turned Off Real Time Protection and Cloud Delivered Protection.
    With the Anti Virus turned off I was able to run the game, played 3 different scenarios/routes and no Out of Memory crash

Something has Changed in Windows 10 which is affecting some peoples setup.

Peter