A Big List Of Tsw3 Bugs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by blaze111csx, Sep 4, 2022.

1. blaze111csx

blaze111csx Well-Known Member

This is a large list that I will update as I find more stuff to add.
    General
    - little audio cracking noises sometimes occur during or after voice lines or the little "ding" sound effect that plays after doing something (noticed on class 66 introduction and elsewhere)
    - same cracking occurs when moving from head out cam to interior cam or vice versa (noticed on class 66 introduction)

Class 66 (EWS)
    - Engine audio is not audible when standing on the vigilance petal and close to the dashboard.
    ^ also causes audio glitch during sit-down animation

Cajon Pass
    - there are a ton of non-functional crossing gates (I haven't tested them all). they either don't move down or they do move but with no lights and sometimes no sound.
    SD40:
    - Number lights are non-functional
    ES44:
    -random horn button near a screen (also A posing NPC in the background)
    20220903112750_1.jpg
    - multi-unit headlighting is non-functional
    - headlight switch breakers are reversed (front light breaker shuts off rear headlights)
    - inside of forward door turns transparent when a few yards away (see picture with open door)
    20220903174426_1.jpg

that's it for now. I'll be back with more!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. sammzz#4810

sammzz#4810 New Member

My friend, and i also found a critical bug around Cajon pass on a railroad crossing, lights and barriers were up and a car drove through my train while blasting the horn at 55mph. :o

3. sammzz#4810

sammzz#4810 New Member

4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think on the basis that car just spawned in there you've encountered the tsw3 ghost car of cajon

5. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Talking of cars...

PS5 edition

Kassel - Wurzberg... There are a few places where the pathing of cars means they drive above the road (leading to some cars piling on top of each other; have seen cars piled 3 high at the crest of the hill, or hilariously performing front somersaults) or drive through or below the road.

Am liking the way cars now stop if you (or your camera) get in their way and then beep you.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rutger Luiten

Rutger Luiten Active Member

The dynamic brake cooling fans of the SD40-2 are always on. I also have strange flickering artefacts inside the cab when I am in direct sunlight. Also the rain is black without texturing. But I am still investigating if it's some setting on my computer.

7. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Thank you for compiling this list together and helping us spot the issues, I'll log what needs to be raised from your list to our internal one :)

8. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

On the class 375 i couldnt set up the pis, tried everything.

9. CrazyHorseyMan

CrazyHorseyMan Member

The ice 3 sifa is broken,after a few secounds there is a zwangsbremsung without warning

10. blaze111csx

[Update] Got more bugs!
    General:
    - (livery designer) A button should be added to change the name of a livery(currently there is only a button prompt on the bottem of the screen for it)

Training Center:
    - are these gates supposed to work? at this moment my train is nowhere near that track, and the lights arent flashing on them either.
    20220903224745_1.jpg
    - sometimes clouds clip through mountains (not sure how you'd fix this, and it doesn't look that bad)
    20220903224841_1.jpg
    Cajon Pass
    - these roads at the bridges are floating above the ground
    ^ (same area) cars on the freeway are going like 15 miles per hour... shouldn't they be faster?
    20220903223702_1.jpg
    (area where the roads are: )
    20220903223706_1.jpg
    - tutorial for ES44 and SD40: at the part where you have to check the cut bars before coupling, only one side of the cut bar on locomotives triggers the objective.
    SD40:
    - Number lights are non-functional
    - I think something's wrong with the emergency brakes, you should test and make sure they release. I noted there is also no training modules on how to recover a train module, perhaps you should make some... I though I knew how and tried the procedure, but I couldn't get the engine to generate power, even though the throttle box on the HUD was no longer red. It could be a problem with the game, but it's been awhile since I did it, so it could just be a problem with how I did it as well.
    ES44:
    - fuel pump/ECU breaker is set to OFF by default in the tutorial (it doesn't seem to do anything though)
    - tutorial instructs player to set headlights to BRIGHT but in normal operation they should be set to BRIGHT AUX (for ditchlights)
    - horn sequence will not stop unless you use trigger the horn button
    SEHS:
    - Tunnel lighting (see picture) (using normal preset) (I'm not sure exactly where this is, I'm hoping one of you guys does)
    20220904105053_1.jpg
    Class 375:
    - Hazard Lights are non-functional
    - wheel blur glitch (looks fine from the inside)
    Class 465:
    - hazard lights button just turns on marker lights, doesn't make them flast
    - signal button triggers ring twice (might not be a bug)

All for now... I'm getting busier so I might not update this too much more... but I will when I can.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Donut323

Donut323 New Member

I have one where after a few uses the horn gets stuck on this loop and never stops. I found a video on YouTube that captures it.

12. blaze111csx

yeah... that bug's been around for as long as I've been playing the game. Dovetail never seems to take notice dispite my repeated reporting of it cuz theres no way to "make" it happen (in a recreatable way). Luckily it's pretty infrequent.
    I'm not really sure what causes it, it seems to happen most when the game gets overloaded and for some reason turn the horn into some kind of an ambiant sound loop... (at least that's my theory) If you notice in the video it eventally fades out near the end. that's because the player is exiting the range of the sound. usually when this happens you'll encounter the horn again if you continue driving in seemingly random points along the map. all US freight trains seem to have this problem. I've encountered about once or twice on every piece of US freight DLC except for Sherman hill, but I've barely played it. and it only happens on US locos. I've never seen it anywhere else. talk about strange.

• Like Like x 1
  13. tmw

tmw New Member

SEHS class 465 - Thames scenario (only one I’ve tried), when closing the doors the sounds of the doors closing plays out twice - once immediately after pressing the button then again at the correct time.

Also had multiple graphical glitches (white flashes, really poor frame rates, judders etc), really jarring.

Xbox Series X played ok 4K through an Lg OLED screen.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Loco Dave

Loco Dave Member

PS5 R3 right stick press for view change crashed the game on CP. It often pauses with the default game screen of the ICE 1 with 'waiting' spinning wheel bottom left when toggling through, but this time it stalled on that screen, the load wheel stopped.

Apologies if already noted.

15. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Anyone else experiencing low rez numbers on the SD40s on CJP. Noticed it last night, once I've got everything downloaded I'll verify files and sees if that fixes it

16. max88183

max88183 Active Member

Going to jump into this thread with a few bugs that I have found while playing thus far.

KWG - ICE1/ICE3

Snow drifting through the interior of the trains at high speed

SEHX - CL66 - Scenario "Hoo Dares Wins"

Weird square of light flickering under locomotive and wagons, possibly the snow drift glitching?

TRAIN SELECTION MENU

"Missing Name:" train, and unable to select the Bilevel Cab Car from FSJ

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Going to report these to Dovetail's support form as well, but great to see what bugs the community is finding. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Watching DADrail he highlighted a few problems on the SEHS route. No stop car signs on the platforms and the rain doesn't hit the windscreen on the 66 are two that I remember.

18. redrev1917

Im seeing the same but when I go into every route I cant see the missing name.

Also in journey mode the bi cab services are available, just not in timetable mode.

Attached Files:

19. thisnamebetterworks

thisnamebetterworks Active Member

Already posted in the "Technical Reports":
    The Jubilee is broken. Random crashes after like 10 - 35 min.
    3x crashed while normal driving; 1x while leaving a station (slow speed). Not used any brakes during random "Mission Failed"-Crash.

Tsw 3 - Jubilee Gets A "mission Failed" Without Reason

I tried to play TSW 3, tried ... because 50% of my time I repeated different missions with the Jubilee Steam Engine.
    From 4 of 4 games, all ended in a "mission failed", but ... there were absolute no reason nor a derail.
    3 of 4 of these games were self made scenarios in which I used the only train in the whole game - so no red lights or similar.

I have no idea what triggered that bug - but it should be fixed asap. The Jubilee is one of the flag ships of TSW 3; a lot of (new) people will play it ... not good if the game triggers a random "mission failed" on different tracks.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  20. thisnamebetterworks

Hint: You can summon the Cab Cars by deleting the filters. Filter is set on Steam, Diesel and Electro Locos - so the Cab Cars are not shown. Bit tricky on XBox, maybe impossible without a mouse and keyboard [I use both] ... not easy - but possible to get them on the screen.

The fact that it is possible to bypass this glitch doesn't mean it should not been fixed asap.

21. redrev1917

I can see the gallery cab cars just not the bi level so your hypothesis doesn't make sense to me.

22. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

More the PIS don't working on the ICE 3 SKW line

23. uvm0902

uvm0902 Well-Known Member

It is not possible to complete Acquaintance with the M7 on the LIIR route. When a command is given to release thrust and coast down, the thrust handle does not return to the coast position. The limit position is the minimum thrust. Coasting and braking are not available. Session failure - passage of a prohibiting signal.

24. thisnamebetterworks

Hm, so there are two things: The fact, that the filter can't be removed that easy on consoles (or at least on XBox), and the fact, that the bi level is not appearing at all.
    Sry, if I created wrong hope; needs to be fixed asap.

25. redrev1917

No worries, it was a nice hypothesis

26. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Just an avarage run on LIRR, lol. Most broken and forgotten route in TSW after the original NEC.

27. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

I want to thank the players who look for these 'bugs' on the routes. I am one of the players who gets into the cab, sets the train up, then runs the service and pays very little attention to the outside other than signals, so would not even know if a crossing gate went back up, though I would notice if it's not down. I am not trying to be factitious here.

28. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Not a bug (unless missing) but does anyone know if the fan sounds are featured and intermittent in the class 66, similar to how AP implements them in his add ons. I ask this as this is the AP sound pack after all.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  29. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

As I noted in my post above, I don't look for the details as I drive along, but in driving Peninsular Corridor yesterday, I noticed that level crossings had their warning lights flashing, but the gates did not go down.

30. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSW3.

Glad your all enjoying it! ;):D

• Like Like x 1
  31. theroyalau#4851

theroyalau#4851 New Member

Cajon Pass maximum speed up hill so to speak:

16mph.

Yeah, there's just not enough power.

Speed is efficiency and I don't see that with this module.

I should be doing the speed limit up hill not 16mph.

Its a Grain Train Service that I am currently on.

For a 1.9 to 2.2% gradient, 3 locomotives is not enough to haul nearly 6,000 tons of freight, or other cargo.

32. theroyalau#4851

theroyalau#4851 New Member

I also don't think tyres are supposed to be in the ground halfway.

Remember, geometry and physics exist Dovetail.

• Like Like x 2
  33. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

remember it’s a speed limit, not a target, these trains often don’t do the speed limit (downhill either) as safety > speed that being said, were there any distributed locos at the middle or back of formation, banking comm can make a difference if so.

34. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member