Which Version Of Tsw3?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthew.lee.02, Sep 3, 2022.

1. matthew.lee.02

matthew.lee.02 Member

Looking at all the options for TSW3, it's quite hard to "choose the bundle that is right for [you]". I have both SEHS and SOS from TSW2, but none of the bundles provide only Cajon Pass and SKW. How could I get TSW3 without being double-charged for DLC I already have?

Theoretically, I could get the US and German starter pack, but that's £60!

Thanks in advanced

2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

You are not being double charged. SEHS in TSW3 is not the same as the one in TSW2 as it has 2 extensions (Ashford + Dartford) and other improvements.

The best bundle for you is the standard edtn as there is no point buying deluxe as you already own SoS

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. matthew.lee.02

matthew.lee.02 Member

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

That's only applicable if you buy the starter packs. If you already own tsw2 version, you don't have to rebuy it for tsw3. You'll get the updated sos anyway on September 6 so no point in getting the deluxe edition since you already have it.

5. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat which means as I already own SEHS and SOS I feel a little ripped off with the buying choices. As I don't play US or German routes I'm basically being forced to buy something I will never play or pay £30 for the UK 40 mile extension

6. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

There are Regional Starter Packs (available on the 6th), which will entitle you to the free routes.

So, if you were to get the German Starter Pack, you'd get Kassel + updated SEHS + updated SOS if you already owned SEHS and SOS on TSW2.

Hope that makes sense.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No, just get the standard pack for £40. That’s the two completely new (long) routes you want for £20 each, less than the usual price for standard routes. Plus the core update and the extended SEHS and the updated SoS for no extra cost. I don’t call that being double charged.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  8. junior hornet

It seems you read what you wanted to read, then stopped. What it actually says is:

Players who already own Southeastern High Speed: St Pancras - Faversham Route Add-on and/or Spirit of Steam: Liverpool Lime Street - Crewe Add-on in Train Sim World 2 will receive the updated version of these routes for free upon purchasing any copy of Train Sim World 3 (on the same platform & account).

9. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

Yeah and what if you don't play German or US routes. Basically buy something you wont use

10. junior hornet

I was responding to a post that responded to the OP who, from the way it was worded, does want the German and US routes. As far as the actual post that I quoted, I was merely correcting the misapprehension of the conditions for getting the “free” updates.

In response to your own question, I think you answered it yourself. At least you can save a tenner on the standard pack price by buying a regional pack (which is something I will do when they reinstate the save function, not before). For this you will get the “new” game and the updated SEHS and SoS if you own these. Bearing in mind that routes on their own will probably be £29.99 from now on, especially if they are longer, it’s not a bad deal and you will at least be able to buy future DLC. And, you never know, you might actually enjoy the German or American route if you try it. I felt the same about SPG, not really interested in American freight but had fun running a Bakerloo train along it in Off The Rails mode.

• Like Like x 2
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Not so much, actually.

12. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar boat. I kinda want the new SEHS (which I already have on TSW2), but I'm not really fussed about the German, US or steam routes.

Soooo, given that I'd need to pay for the German, US or steam route to get access to the UK route I actually want, which of those would people say is the best option?

I do quite like some of the German routes, but they're all getting a bit samey, and I do like the LIRR and (pre-crashing-every-time-you-get-to-Millbrae) Peninsula Corridor US routes, but Sand Patch bores me to tears. Is Cajon another low-speed snore fest? Is SKW just a one-trick pony like LGV, but with more tunnels? Is anybody even playing Spirit of Steam any more, or was it a bit of a damp squib? Advice please! :)

• Like Like x 1