Dear Dtg...... (maybe I'll Be Lucky The Third Time Of Asking)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jimnicebutdimm, Sep 5, 2022.

1. jimnicebutdimm

jimnicebutdimm Member

Dear DTG (DTG JD DTG Protagonist )

I've politely asked in multiple places including here in the forums, on discord and in the comments section of official posts on Facebook but, apart from Sam acknowledging one of my forum posts, I've had no answer from DTG. Hopefully either you can answer the question, forward it onto someone who can answer the question or let me know how I can get an answer to the question.

My question is this, in the announcement video a full screen message said that if you own SEHS and/or Spirit of Steam, you got the updates for them for free if you brought a TSW3 pack. I own both SEHS and Spirit of Steam but, with the packs that are listed, there is no TSW3 pack with just the American and German routes. I would end up paying £59.98 if I brought the German and American routes separately. Alternatively I pay for SEHS again by buying the standard pack and hope I get the Spirit of Steam update for free. So, my question is does DTG have a solution to this problem or are DTG trying to pretend that they didn't make the promise which is shown in the attached screenshot?

I've been playing TSW since the early days on PS4 and I've put up with bugs etc in the game and waited patiently for fixes but, I'm not a big fan of being lied to, which is what I'm feeling has happened seeing as DTG seems to have just glossed over it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

U have to wait till release day(Tomorrow)then u can buy the route packs

3. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

The real result of this is simply an American and German pack was overlooked and sadly there wasn't enough time to setup another route bundle when we realised the demand for it. The actual cheapest option you can get is by pre-ordering the deluxe version as it ends up cheaper than getting a solo route + the other route at ful price.

It was an oversight of the team, and the announcement post refers to simply just buying either the german or american DLC pack and then getting SEHS and SOS for free.

The messaging surrounding the announcement of these packs wasn't perfect and we've done our best to answer as many questions, including this one too - apologies it took some time for a response.

• Like Like x 3
  4. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No don’t buy the deluxe version as you already own SoS. You’ll end up paying an extra £10 for nothing.

If you only want one of the new routes, get the American or German pack. It will be cheaper and you get the updated SEHS and SoS as well. If you want both new routes, get the standard edition and you will also get the updated SoS and SEHS as you aready own these for TSW2. It still works out cheaper than buying the routes separately, even at the current price, let alone what they might charge in the future for longer routes.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

What junior hornet said.
    Get the standard bundle and you get all four TSW3 routes for whatever price you pay in your country, unless you want the additional decals in which case you need to get the deluxe bundle

6. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I would have thought the cheapest option was the standard as jimnicebutdimm is saying that like me they already own SEHS and SOS

7. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

You get those by pre-ordering the standard edition. Not sure if they are in the deluxe as well but are in the standard.

8. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

They are included in the Deluxe and Standard editions on Playstation.

9. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

I do have to apologies and thank the rest of you for correcting me here, the deluxe in your case would have been a mistake as you have mentioned owning SoS. As others have stated already, the standard is your best option. Apologies for the miscommunication there.