PlayStation Commodities

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Lord_Beelzebub, Sep 30, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lord_Beelzebub

Lord_Beelzebub New Member

hi all,

Looking at buying this game for PS4 and have a question. Playing in Service Mode, what all commodities are there that you can deliver around?

2. Lord_Beelzebub

Nobody? It’s a simple question. Surely anyone who is playing the game or a developer can answer this question.

What all commodities can I load and unload in Service Mode playing with freight trains?

Coal? What else?

3. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Well, at least on consoles there's no such a thing, neither commodities or any type of cargo that you can actually choose. You can take control of a given freight in service mode, they may vary in size and wagon type. However you can load an entire freight train with grains(?) or something like that, by passing through a machine located in the Sand Patch Grade route. CSX heavy haul for PC only.
    (edit: actually on Sand Patch you got Coal being loaded at wagons, not grains)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

There´s one scenario in GWE aswell where you unload wagons. But those things arent used in service mode.

5. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

I would like to run some intermodal trains, if they ever release some US DLC.

6. Lord_Beelzebub

So I take it Service mode is no different than Scenario mode? In Service mode you choose a service and still have to follow objectives?

I guess what I’m asking is, does this game have a free play/ sandbox mode where you can do what you want?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  7. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

That's right, even in service mode you need to follow timetables, objectives etc.

There's no completely 'free play' mode at the moment

8. Lord_Beelzebub

Finally the answer I’ve been looking for. The deciding factor in whether I was going to buy this game or not. Looks like I’m not.

There is only so many times a person will play a scenario over and over before it becomes boring and no longer fun. You complete the objective, you’re done. Service Mode is nothing more than just more objective based scenarios, once completed, you’re done.

As much as I love train simulation games, I can see this getting boring real fast.

I think in a game like this, most people would prefer a sandbox mode that has supply and demand of commodities and you’re free to climb into any locomotive and hook up to any consist you want to and just have fun doing your own thing.

These are the types of train simulators I’ve played in the past and what is most fun. So, sadly I won’t be buying this game as a result

Thank you for the reply, you helped me make my decision.

• Like Like x 2