Tsw3 375 Sound, Sound Occlusion And Pis Issues/feedback

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by CrAzZyKiLLa, Sep 5, 2022.

1. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Playform: Steam (PC)
    SEHS
    Class 375
    (Video Included)

Have noticed that there are some odd issues with the 375 sounds. At first it just felt like the cab sounds are very quiet, but when testing it seems that there is just alot of occlusion around the cab areas at both ends of the train, when walk into the compartment the sound becomes muffled and deadened.

Things get even weirder when it rains. In the cab and each cab end of the carriage sounds like outside, when opening windows this then becomes inside. I have attached a video to better explain what is happening.

This is reproducable and happens with each cab, including any in the middle of the train were coupled.
    It feels like the motor sounds need boosting louder and sound occlusion requires attention, as its a shame to not be able to hear the locomotive well.

Secondly, some discussion has been had reguarding the PIS on the SEHS units. One thing I have found is that the TMS screens have been disabled, weather by accident or intention, it feels odd to have this important feature removed. Sometimes the monitor is clickable and most of the times it is not (this can often depend on which end is in use). Maybe others would like to discuss external inaccuraies with the external PIS screen.

Either way I beleive this unit requires some extra attention, as currently it feels like a downgrade to what we had in TSW2.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Matt Can I flag this for your attention as it seems a reasonally important bug for the 375. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Have passed on to audio team for a look.

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. JetWash

JetWash Well-Known Member

ps CrAzZyKiLLa

There’s an updated version available now. I’ve taken out the changes to the dials on the 465 and 375 because they were crazy bright on my system. It doesn’t look as bad for you but it didn’t look good for me! The emissiveness must have changed I guess for the new lighting system.

The mod will have no impact on this audio issue though as there are no audio changes included.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Adam tells me has a fix for the audio issue so that'll be out at some point, look out for it in a release note somewhere, thanks for the report.

• Like Like x 6