Red Lights And Sounds Of The M7 Lirr And 375 Se

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tcmikaelsouza, Sep 6, 2022.

1. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

I've been playing TSW3 since 02/Sep, with early access and I was looking forward to seeing the work done on the sound of the Class 375 SE, however I was surprised to see that it now suffers from the same annoying noise when the window is open, as also the louder-than-normal rain noise perceived on the Class 377 SN and 387 GX on the London Commuter. NOTE: The external sound is as perfect as in LBN, however inside the cabin is the mentioned problem.

With the arrival of the preserved collection in TSW3 and its updates, I could notice that the absence of the traction sound seen in the M7 LIRR has been partially corrected, being able to be audible from the cabin where you are driving (first two cars), but not audible in the previous cars.
    As far as immersion is concerned, we recovered the traction sound when driving and remained fully in the internal and front camera, but a pending correction since the update of the graphics engine in TSW2 was at least expected to be completely corrected, being able to hear the sound of traction along the entire length of the train.

In addition, I am very satisfied with the sound of the Class 395, although I still find it a little quiet inside the cabin, I believe it is the expected sound, as it is completely sealed and without windows.

2. tcmikaelsouza

3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hey - what would you like some help with?

4. tcmikaelsouza

JD, I know you must be full of requests, but I would love for you to direct the responsible team for feedback regarding the sounds of the locos mentioned above.

I opened ticket #48983, but I see the same issue that occurred in LBN happening now in SEHS in Class 375, and M7 that was partially corrected.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  5. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Just checked with our Audio team, and there was a fix submitted this morning for the 375 - needs to go through testing and be put into a build, but should be improved with that.

On the M7, I'll pass it onto the Preservation Crew.

6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I guess it will take another two years to fix the propulsion on the LIRR M7 again?

• Like Like x 5
  7. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD I'm a fan of yours and your work, thanks for that!!!
    As for the audio of the locos in LBN (Class 377SN and 387GX), you can ask them to check it too, I have been since the launch of LBN for this improvement in the sound mixing inside the cabin and so far I have not had any feedback, I believe that if they adjust the 375 SEB is also possible to fit in 377SN and 387GX.

8. tcmikaelsouza

Fortunately if you drive from the cabin and don't use the external rear camera, it has improved a lot, as before we could only hear M7 traction in one direction (HIC-NYP) and inaudible in the opposite direction (NYP-HIC), but still need to check the propulsion sound throughout and throughout the composition.

9. tallboy7648

So basically they ported the propulsion bug from the M7A to the M7. It may be an improvement but how could they have missed that issue during testing especially since it was a highly reported issue on the Harlem Line M7A

• Like Like x 1
  10. tcmikaelsouza

DTG JD DTG Alex found another issue regarding the sound of the Class 375 SE, when you apply brakes there is no deceleration sound.

So in addition to having the same problems of practically inaudible propulsion sound inside the cabin, very loud wind noise with the window open and very high rain like the Class 377 SN and 387 GX in LBN, the Class 375 SN in the SEHS Extended TSW3 do not emit deceleration sound, whether inside or outside the cabin.

Please ask the sound team to correct these audio issues as soon as possible, i have always been stressing about the sound of lbn trains since launch and so far there have been no improvements and corrections and i fear the same will happen with sehs, as well as the m7, which now has traction sound at least where we drive, but not along the entire length of the train.

11. Kobebeef

Kobebeef Active Member

Yo
    You can wait another 2 years for that

• Like Like x 1
  12. transit#2102

transit#2102 Member

The M7 on TSW3 is better then TSW2, only thing is the propulsion and the brake system still sound the same as TSW2 but everything else is better on TSW3 so far. Hopefully they can fix that up for people that are still using Gen8.

13. tcmikaelsouza

Yes, apparently the M7 LIRR uses updated sounds from the M7A (HAR), however the sounds are only coming from the two cars in front, the others are silent... and in the TSW2 it remains the same.

14. tcmikaelsouza

DTG Alex Please don't forget to review the above.

15. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

You posted the bug report on Friday. It’s Monday. Relax lol

• Like Like x 2
  16. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

you are aware that the 395 motors are in the second coach, and the cab is well insulated because the high speed within tunnels, also drive with the windows closed if you don’t like what you hear

• Like Like x 2
  17. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Also this issue the snow kick up underground

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Wow, I didn't know old routes got the snow kick-up effect. I thought that's also a TSW3-routes-only thing as well.

19. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Nope for all routes

20. tcmikaelsouza

As for the location of the engines I was not aware, as for the muffled sound due to the seal in the advent of high speeds I already suspected, thanks for the feedback.

Did you also identify the issues I mentioned regarding the Class 375 without deceleration sound and the M7 with sound only in the two front wagons or are you normal there?

21. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

I hardly use the M7 or LIRR, in terms of e 375 I haven’t noticed as I’m too busy driving it instead of being critical and finding faults in everything like most people do

22. tcmikaelsouza

Dear, here are the comparative example videos to analyze and improve the Electrostars sounds.

Class 375
    External: Perfect sound;
    Internal: Failed deceleration sound, very low traction sound and excessive wind noise;

Class 387
    Internal: Very low traction sound and excessive wind noise;

Class 465
    Internal: Perfect traction sound and no excessive wind sound;

M7 LIRR
    External: Traction sound (acceleration and deceleration) audible only in the first two cars, in the other cars it is silent;
    Internal: Audible traction sound inside the engineer's cabin;

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  23. tcmikaelsouza

In addition, regarding the Dresden-Riesa problems,

In TSW3, there is no longer the problem of the train stuck in the middle of the way at the beginning of the Meissen branch in CHAPTER 02 - WAY 3, in TSW2 it remains stuck in the same way;

As for CHAPTER 08 - PATH 4, there is a freight train stuck halfway in Dresden-Mitte in the same way seen in TSW3, according to attached.

Dresden 1.png Dresden 2.png Dresden 3.png

24. tcmikaelsouza

Post Update September 30th Feedback:
    I would like to inform you that the sounds of the M7 LIRR and the Class 375 have been incredibly corrected, thanks to the entire technical team at DTG.

I would like to ask you to kindly replicate the correction made in Class 375 in the same way for the London Commuter Class 377 SN and 387 GX electrostars, as they have not been corrected since the release of LBN, even charging since then, and if possible also in Class 377 SN East Costway, if not, that's ok as her cabin audio is acceptable.

25. tallboy7648

Im still waiting for lirr to update on xbox. The fix hasn't come out just yet in xbox it seems

• Like Like x 1
  26. tallboy7648

The propulsion of the class 375 is too quiet. Is dtg not able to get the right sound balance or something?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  27. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

The propulsion of the LIRR M7 when accelerating sounds much better than before (now almost identical to the Metro North M7A) but it's doesn't sound right when braking

28. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I find that the Electrostars on London Commuter have superb sounds. I will admit that the lack of noise in the cab did take me by surprise, but having watched a cabride on Youtube, the sounds are spot on. It turns out the cab has better soundproofing than the passenger cabin, and this has been replicated perfectly on London Commuter.

I will miss the East Coastway sounds if they ever are gone, but it is probably for the better that they are replaced.

As I do not own SEHS Extended, I can't comment on the 375s.

29. tcmikaelsouza

Good morning friends. In my humble opinion the updated electrostars traction motor sounds are perfect, when heard outside, inside the cabin it has improved a lot in SEHS Extended with last week's update, however in London Commuter the traction motor is still very low inside the cabin, very strong wind sound when opening the left window, very strong rain noise (With window open or closed), in addition to the security systems making almost inaudible sounds.

If they replicate the corrections they made to the Class 375 SE on the Class 377 SN and 387 GX, they will be perfect.

30. tallboy7648

It has that weird screeching sound when breaking which doesn't happen in reality

Does the propulsion still cut out in the rear 4, 6 and 8 cars? For me it does on xbox.