Br442 Refuses To Move Only When Doing The Re9 Siegen Hbf. Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Easy301, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

I've new to learning German routes and Locos and I'm loving the experience but I'm pulling my hair out with this issue.

When doing the RE9 Siegen Hbf service on the Koln route I'm unable to get the BR449 to start moving. I've tried everything and I've been pulling my hair out trying to get this thing moving.

I've tried multiple different times of day on the time table for this service and the issue remains.

Oddly enough if I do a service starting from the OTHER end of the route I have absolutely no problems getting the train to move.

I've noticed on the other services the train has a humming noise like power is being supplied to it but on the service in question that same sound is absent unless you go into the locomotive in back.

I've tried absolutely everything, the cold start procedure for the loco, resetting pantographs and closing the circuit, making sure the break pressure is correct and all breaks including parking breaks are off. Doors closed, reverser set correctly and just nothing.

I actually made a short video showing this issue and my procedure of what I did to try and get the train moving.

Disregard the ending portion of the video, I was just trying anything I could think of at that point.

Again, this ONLY happens when starting any of the RE9 Siegen services, I have no problem getting the train going and operating as normal with all safety systems from the opposite end of the route.

Can anyone please give me a hand?

2. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

Have you tried releasing the hand brake? Sometimes different services are set up differently.
    BBFBED62-E55B-4234-BFC2-9C04B400BC68.jpeg

3. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Yes, I've tried pressing it and pressing it and holding it, etc.

Thank you for the suggestion by the way I'll take any help I can get at this point.

The weird thing is in the other services you can hear the hum of electricity in the loco I believe in these services you can only hear the hum in the rear locomotives, I don't know if that really means anything or not though.

But yes I've tried that break, no luck.

4. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

You dind't have connection with the OHE! Please use the pantrograph switch and the MCB button to activate the train!

5. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The brakes do not seem to release.
    Try putting the indirect brake in the emergency position and then return it to the initial position.

6. Luke8899

Luke8899 Well-Known Member

Just checked for myself and the explanation is rather funny, and visible in your video too but so silly you wouldn't think it.

You can see on the left hand screen there is no power to the lead train, the battery is active and the screens are working, so when you raise the pantograph and close to circuit breaker there is no reason for the train not to have power, but it continues at 0KV even after you do that.

Then look carefully at the exterior of the train, something important is completely missing from the lead train. The pantograph! I don't mean you haven't raised it, I mean it is entirely absent from the roof of the train. Same thing is happening with this service on PS5. Looks like an out and out bug.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's a good point! The front part of train does not have any pantograph... So it's a formation bug! Luke8899

8. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

This is actually on the PS5 version, I posted it here since the visibility of posts is better and I thought it was something I was doing wrong.

Looks like a PS5 bug then, I wonder if it's happening on PC too.

9. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Another update: I tried the service on TSW2 and it appears like everything works oerfe6. This seems isolated to TSW3 and maybe the PS5, we will have to wait until someone tries the service in TSW3 on PC

10. wookiethewook

wookiethewook New Member

I still have the same problem, on PS4. Frustrating

11. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

The pantograph is present and the service works without problems on PC (Steam).

12. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

I do have this same issue and I have tried literally everything I can think of... and I am on PC... TSW4

13. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

14. razmatus#2517

I have tried and it does on every Siegen service I tried... dunno why

15. bkodenkt

bkodenkt New Member

I can confirm this bug for TSW4 on PS5 as well. All RE9 timetable services starting at Siegen Hbf get "aufgerüstet" automatically, but all of them are spawned without pantographs. Like, completely missing, not just in a "down position", they are litterally non-existent on the RE9 timetable services.

16. lorenz

lorenz Active Member

Several services called "Siegen" are broken. The problem is that there is no power in one of the two units that make up the train, more precisely in the train you are driving. You can notice this by the (physically) not raised pantograph on your unit (only one pantograph is raised on the other unit, when instead they should be 2:1 for each unit). You can also see it from the display on your left. Zug 1 has current (15.0 Kv) while Zug 2 remains at 0 (or vice versa). There is no way to solve the problem by raising the pantograph and closing the MCB. Services not named Siegen should work instead. I've only tried a couple and the train (same composition) starts fine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. bkodenkt

bkodenkt New Member

Just out of curiousity I tried the affected services with the "New Journeys" expansion timetable and the bug is present on those as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. razmatus#2517

they are overhauling the timetable for the next update, so I hope that the fix for this problem is there :)

19. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. TrackingTrains

TrackingTrains Well-Known Member

Can confirm this issue is present on PS4 TSW4 too. Spent a good 30 mins being confused.

• Like Like x 1