Xbox Shocking Performance Issues

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by jesstrains, Sep 3, 2022.

1. jesstrains

jesstrains Member

Can't pinpoint exactly when this began, but following the updates since Spirit of Steam release, the performance on Xbox one is shocking. Not sure if this is a result of increasing passenger levels or whatever other updates, but it's literally unplayable.

And before anyone says "it's the old gen console, it's not going to run as well" - it ran perfectly fine beforehand, with the occasional expected stutter.

I really hope this is fixed because I like many others have spent much money on the game, and while I am aware TSW3 is around the corner, not everyone is in the position to purchase it, and TSW2 should remain playable at a decent framerate for those who can't/won't be upgrading.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Same here

• Like Like x 1
  3. jesstrains

jesstrains Member

Hey - So I just wanted to let you know - I reset my xbox by holding down the power button for 10 seconds, and unplugging for 5 minutes - it seems to have helped a little if you haven't already tried this.

Though I still think some of the recent updates have had an affect on performance

• Like Like x 1
  4. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Are you playing on German routes by any chance when you have issues? Something happened recently where some of the Dosto trains on German routes totally nosedive framerate into the single digits. Seems to be an issue in all platforms.

5. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Ok thanks. I will try that later

6. jesstrains

jesstrains Member

I am not - I don't really have much interest in German content. I do enjoy Koln Aachen, but not enough to invest in further German content for now.

I mostly use GWE, SEHS, BKL and ECW.

7. jan_hb

jan_hb New Member

Same here, too

8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I've had Southeastern drop to 2 fps (Xbox One X) and stay like that for a minute between two tunnels in clear day. Another 465 was going through with a custom livery. I might have to unsub all liveries for this route and see if it improves performance. Performance is a lot better in TSW2.

• Like Like x 2