Pen Corridor Pres Crew Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Mattty May, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I’ve just completed the tutorial of the F40PH-2CAT on the preservation crew updated Peninsula Corridor (TSW3/PS5) and noted that the audio still isn’t the standard of the route in TSW 2020. The locomotive isn’t very loud as was originally the case - you have no sense that your sat in front of such a powerful Diesel engine.

Also, there is significant close up scenery pop-in, which was particularly noticeable when pulling into Mountain View station. Here you could see the black fencing on both sides of the station popping in very noticeably to the point of distraction.

Peninsula Corridor was one of my favourite routes in TSW 2020, but since being ported to TSW 2 and now TSW 3, it’s just not the same immersive experience it once was.

What thoughts does everyone else have?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

My question is... You play on a PS5... On PS5 this route isn't out yet??? Or may i wrong?!

3. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It came out today for PS5 / TSW 3.

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

The loco sounds/occlusion were one of the bigger things I hoped to be improved, I fear the same fate for the MP36 in this case.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Ah okay the case with the PS5 is a little confusing now.... XD

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeStijl

DeStijl Well-Known Member

Did they fix the texture issue with the desk in the MP36?

7. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

MP36 will be out in next week’s release so we’ll see

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

This is my all time favorite route as well, I'm intimately familiar with it and have spent more hours than I want to admit on Peninsula Corridor.

I'm a bit disappointed at the state of the update, especially after waiting so long.

All the cab car services are now gone and there's only 4 or 5 of them.

There's various gates downtown near San Mateo that do not operate and then there are further further gates that function correctly but never stop playing noise.

Most of the bugs present in the original version are there and things like marker lights still needing to be manually set for every service persists.

I'm worried as some of these bugs have been present for years and never been fixed and I hope it's not the same here, and as of now I'd say the preservation update is the inferior update as it kept the past bugs and just added to them, the cab car services being gutted is huge and I hope that's fixed ASAP.

I'm just...I'm discouraged and sad, I love this route, bought it multiple times on different systems and waited so long. Hopefully it gets the fixed it needs.

• Like Like x 3
  9. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

From Matt: The timetable updates for OSD and PenCor didn't make it to the release, it's having some technical issues - but not forgotten. Once they're resolved it'll go out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The sound of the Baby Bullet is also still too low. Not the same standard as TSW 2020. What did the preservation crew actually do to the Baby Bullet and 2CAT? They didn’t do much with the sounds that’s for sure. Really disappointed. Waited so long for this update and it was just a waste of time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Any update on the Peninsula Corridor timetables? It’s been almost a month now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. photonmonkey

photonmonkey Well-Known Member

I also noticed that the loco shadows are now broken in external cam, if you move more than a few feet away from the loco the shadows mess up. I was also really looking forward to this update and it was a bit of a let down in the end considering how long it took to release.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Adam's team are working on them (along with Oakville) - I don't have a date for you at the moment, but they are referenced in the Roadmap article.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yes, this is fixed now. Looks great.

• Helpful Helpful x 1