Xbox Broken Achievements / Trophies

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by coasterflo, Apr 20, 2022.

1. trainsandbricks

trainsandbricks Member

Right now it's not a Cement Circle situation anymore, this time you've learned from it and take the game out of the store right away to have an excuse not to have to fix it.

Sorry but that really leaves one speechless what you do!

• Like Like x 5
  2. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

I predict bugs, obvious mistakes, crappy sounds, faulty trophies and achievements in Train Sim World 3. Mistakes that will take more than ten months to get repaired. Nope no money from me unless they fix this in TSW2.

• Like Like x 6
  3. trainsandbricks

trainsandbricks Member

I'm right there with you, TSW 3 is dying more for me with each announcement from DTG.

• Like Like x 6
  4. dertobi

dertobi Member

Yes the signs are already conspicuous and also that DTG is silent about it does not make it better.

I have the game and the DLCs and Achievements reported to MC support, some of my friends will do the same.

That with this message / action Train Sim World 3 is finally dead for me, I think I do not need to say more.

• Like Like x 3
  5. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

upload_2022-8-18_18-29-21.png

It sounds like the removal from the stores is off the table again or ?

6. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

so they are delisting the game, yet all tsw2 content will still be able to be bought? o.O

EDIT: also, my Cane Creek tutorial trophy didn't pop today after doing both tutorials in Journey mode. (Doing journey mode because 5 chapters are just scenarios/tutorials and I need 5 more of the 10 required for a trophy, and thus , platinum. After I do that, I'll just wipe my save and try them normally and get back on if it pops or not. This is the first trophy on TSW2 ps5 that hasn't popped when it should.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  7. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

lets wait for the next update patch notes perhaps it doesnt take ages to get the achievements finally patched
    but would be good if there coming some updates about when the patch is coming so we can celebrate ^^ DTG Jamie

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
  8. Starkiller

imstylinonyabro , some trophys/ achievements dont unlock in journey mode so you have to replay them , i know it sucks , but you can get them definetly
    just play it trough the tutorial mode section

9. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Achievements do unlock in journey mode. Completed all scenarios and tutorials in journey with no issues. If something has been completed and you didn't unlock an achievement, you have to replay in a new profile from the game options. Trophies seem to be intermittent at unlocking compared to achievements.

• Like Like x 1
  10. imstylinonyabro

The journey mode didn't go through the route intro (and it didn't pop up automatically like it usually does in a new route)

11. stimp#5938

It’s quiet here. Too quiet. So I’m here to remind everyone we’ve entered our eleventh month and counting for at least the BR 187 achievement to not work. Well done DTG Have an achievement: upload_2022-8-24_21-11-33.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  12. imstylinonyabro

will they soon unlock anything for the broken Dresdan Commuter trophy/achievement?

• Like Like x 2
  13. stimp#5938

They say they have the faulty achievements on their radar. Which in reality means absolutely nothing. Having something on your radar and actually doing something about it are two different things. And I’ve said it before. Does DTG really need a year to fix those achievement/trophy problems? The answer is a hard no. It’s simply not a priority for them. Some may argue that it’s understandable considering the soon to be released TSW3. But it’s not understandable. You release a product? You make sure it works! If it’s broken. You fix it! Common policy. Gamers are customers. DTG seems to forget that.

• Like Like x 4
  14. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

There you speak from my soul:|

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

Yea "on our radar" literally means nothing more than "we are aware this is an issue that exists" and has nothing at all to do with whether they intend to fix it. The level of communication on the subject is borderline non existent as well, almost to the point of being disrespectful.

• Like Like x 3
  16. imstylinonyabro

yep. i remember I posted here after a patch and JD quoted me saying it was focused on more important things like derailment issues that surfaced. what a shock, i derailed for no reason on HRR today. stuff never seems to get fixed, even when its apparently fixed.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Starkiller

yeah would be nice to get what we are waiting for.
    the achievements in the last Dlc get there patch so fast at what is with thoes other 2 , they dont get the same procedure.
    patch thoes 2 finally , we are sad that we are waiting so long , please DTG Jamie after the release of tsw3 , give us the patch for the achievements/trophys.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dtg_jd

dtg_jd Staff Member

TSW2 will be removed from being able to be purchased from stores upon TSW3's launch. However, all TSW2 Add-ons will continue to be able to be purchased, and will be compatible with both TSW2 and TSW3.

19. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

So we finally get a response, and it has nothing to do with the problems this thread is actually even about, and still not even the slightest acknowledgement about it beyond "we know the problem exists"? At least you're no longer holding yourselves back at being almost disrespectful I guess.

• Like Like x 3
  20. bigboy87

bigboy87 Active Member

Woah a response without information, DTG knows how to scare away customers. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  21. sgu123456

sgu123456 Member

22. stimp#5938

Yes it’s been reported and logged. There are currently four unobtainable achievements/trophies. coasterflo summed these up:

You can also find these at TrueAchievements and as far as I know they’re logged, but a fix is not in sight. DTG needs to step up. We are nearing a year of pure disfunction on at least three of the achievements.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

It seems that the problems might be even worse now! I have ported my TSW2 profile over and despite having completed all requirements for the three TVL achievements none of them have unlocked when I've run a TVL job!

24. konradtrains

konradtrains Well-Known Member

Hey, so I think this is a different problem.

Did you meet the requirements in TSW 2 or 3 ?

Achievements don't seem to appear in TSW 3 currently "after the fact" when you transfer.

If you have 99/100 collectibles you have to collect the one and the Achievement comes in TSW3.

If you have 100/100 you have to do it again on a new ingame profile.

So try that and create a new ingame profile and play it again. I got that from another thread, I'm not going to get TSW 3 myself until TSW 2 is done.

25. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Could not unlock CL465: Training Complete on TSW3. Tried new profile, nothing. Tested on another gamertag (fresh save, no imported data) and again no unlock. Other achievements were unlocking at the time. Tried on Xbox One and Series X. Did an update break this? On TSW2 it was linked to the SE route but the tutorial is now in the Training Center.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  26. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I met the requirements in 2 but even what you suggest means there is an achievement problem! If some that you met the requirements for in 2 are unlocking in 3 when you port your profile over but others aren't then essentially DTG have completely broken the achievement part of the game! Some unlocking but not others means there's quite literally no point at all of porting your profile over from 2 because you only get some of the achievements that you met the requirements for in 2 unlock in 3

• Like Like x 3
  27. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

465 training achievement is not working either on Xbox or PS in my experience, its glitched since its one of the main routes in TSW3 you would have thought it would have been tested by now!

• Like Like x 2
  28. stimp#5938

Well that’s good to know… I’m definitely not playing TWS3. :(

• Like Like x 1
  29. coasterflo

coasterflo Well-Known Member

I think at this point there are 3 points to distinguish.

1. the not working Achievements in TSW 2. this may sound stupid but we should first try to focus on these Achievements before DTG moves on and only supports TSW 3.

2. non-functioning Achievements in TSW 3. it can be assumed that these are various at the moment as it appears on TA. Testing all of them will take weeks.

3. the transfer problem itself. Yes it would be nice if all Achievements ploppen from the previous game but that has not been the case with every game with such actions. It depends on how the achievements are programmed.

In case of doubt it applies here just ... to play everything again, sometimes for the third time. Certainly not nice but still better than if they can not be unlocked.

Would it make sense at this point to open another thread.
    We use this one for TSW 2 and I create a new one where we collect TSW 3 and create a list ?

• Like Like x 5
  30. Willowrpe

yes we need a new thread for TSW3 so as not to confuse which game we are talking about

• Like Like x 1
  31. Ahayzo

Ahayzo Member

Can't wait to watch DTG move this thread to 100% ignored and only ever post unhelpful responses in that one.

Just twiddling my thumbs in the meantime, waiting to buy every single DLC I'm missing for TSW2 until these few are fixed.

• Like Like x 3
  32. Starkiller

we should do 2 new post , one for the 2Achievements in TSW2 and one for TSW 3 so we can start right now to message them about broken achievements

• Like Like x 2
  33. mbeastall

mbeastall New Member

The same happened to me after completing all the training modules however, no achievement. I did see a comment on True Achievements from someone who said this won't unlock on the Series X as the journey 'Networking' is missing and this is what the achievement is linked to. https://www.trueachievements.com/a369576/cl465-training-complete-achievement.
    I don't know if creating a new profile will make any difference either as I imported mine from TSW2 and actually, I don't want to and really shouldn't need to for any of the achievements to unlock.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Willowrpe

that is good to know in the sense DTG now will be able to easily fix this. The problem with launching with all this content at once is that mistakes with achievements and such can easily happen!

35. stimp#5938

It’s quiet in here. Too quiet. But fear not because I’m here to remind everyone and especially our friends at DTG and for reference DTG JD that the BR187: A First Long Trip is almost entering it’s 12th month of disfunction! And to top that off: it doesn’t work in TSW3 either!

upload_2022-9-12_21-1-29.png

• Like Like x 2
  36. seymourgoals

seymourgoals Member

Few others have mentioned having a separate thread for unobtainable or problematic trophies for train sim world 2 and train sim world 3. Think this is a good idea otherwise it can get abit mulched together. Thank you to the above forum member for keeping this going and others for us trophy hunters!

As well as the BR187 trophy above not working, the Dresden commuter trophy for driving the BR143 loco 143 kilometres has been broken for probably nearly a year, unobtainable. Have raised tickets as I'm sure others have, it even got mentioned in a dovetail stream but still no fix.

• Like Like x 2
  37. gprili80

gprili80 Member

I'm so glad I did not buy TSW3 reading all this.

38. coasterflo

I have to say I'm waiting for something from DTG now when the problems for TSW 2 will be fixed.

The list in TSW 3 is already endless. It must first be achieved again all Achievements and since I will not get TSW 3 before TSW 2 is finished, I can unfortunately say little about it.

However, if DTG wants to handle the achievement topic in the future a little clearer. How about Xbox Insider Tester for the Achievements.

I have in TSW 2020 and TSW 2 all possible (so there are 2 pieces missing in TSW 2) unlocked, always promptly. Should there be interest on the part of DTG, I'm very happy to get in touch and give timely feedback on the DLCs what does not work.

For Spirit of Steam it was also possible, and if a few Hunter find here could support the QA and help the community in a timely manner.

DTG JD

• Like Like x 1
  39. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Sorry for only taking a look at this now - with the launch last week, we've been focusing on anything gamebreaking, and ensuring players have access to all their content.

So, to confirm a couple of things:
    • 465 training achievement should be fixed in the next patch
    • Historic issues are likely to still be issues on TSW3 - these are logged and being prioritised against other things
      • Thanks for flagging the OSD and LPC issues. Again, they've been logged with the team
    • We'll need to do a deeper dive into the progress transfer, but want to focus on the things not unlocking first
    As much as I'd like to, I can't give you a timeframe. I am pushing though. I completely agree that it's not acceptable for a release to not have this fixed within 12 months.

• Like Like x 1
  40. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

I recall Matt saying ages ago in a stream that fixes were given a priority order (A/B/C, 1/2/3...something like that but you know what I mean) and because a broken achievement physically prevents you from doing something it was classed as game braking and therefore given the highest priority within the consideration process.
    So being as how this issue is still malingering deep within the "logged" phase of consideration all these months later we can only assume that either Matt was out and out lying to his audience or....erm...[head scratching moment] I can't actually think of an "or" to complete this sentence!

I think the worst thing about this whole situation though is you're not the first community manager (and at this rate of resolution there's a high likelihood you might not be the last either) to discuss exceeded levels of acceptability and I know it's not your fault but the longer it goes on, the more patronising these comments become as each new community manager rolls off the Dovetail production line and simply reiterates the same semi-apologetic statements

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  41. imstylinonyabro

if only this year+ long issue was treated like the game save red light bug.

• Like Like x 1
  42. stimp#5938

Or the problems with Pringles.

• Like Like x 3
  43. GTAGamer245

GTAGamer245 Well-Known Member

Another achievement that I find broken on TSW3 is the Cemented Skillset achievement as the progress bar doesn't increase.

44. coasterflo

Hey, the Achievement is already marked in the appropriate thread for TSW 3.

45. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

To add the broken achievements.

GWB: Moving up a Gear: This unlocked while I was driving the 465 on SEHS.

I'm playing on GamePass and the only DLC I own on Xbox is GWE. I have no content that contains any version of the Class 101.

46. GTAGamer245

GTAGamer245 Well-Known Member

I didn't see it already being marked. My bad.

47. imstylinonyabro

any news on fixes?

48. trainsandbricks

trainsandbricks Member

Yes and no. As dtg_jd would say, there are just things that are higher prioritized, such as pulling money out of customers' pockets again.

Fixes for TSW 2 are pending for over a year (like for these Achievements), TSW 3 runs more badly than right, for example now an improvised save function is added before one then develops a real one.

To release a game without a save function at all is ridiculous.

And instead of focusing on the problems and keeping the promises, a new DLC pack is released a few weeks after the release of the "finished game", i.e. the one without the save function and the add-on manager.

With three locomotives that already existed before, but with a new look, timetable and scenarios. The question is why such a DLC is prioritized higher than fixing TSW 2 and TSW 3 and why the content of this DLC was not included in the recently released tracks anyway ?

Answer: Pulling money out of customers' pockets for already sold items is always higher for DTG than releasing promised fixes.

• Like Like x 3
  49. vngsupernova#9317

vngsupernova#9317 New Member

Hey, I'm not a DTG developer but I am a Software Dev so maybe I can shed some light on what happened here.

Priority systems only work when people stick them, so something logged as gamebreaking and highest priority only means anything if other work is marked as a lower priority but if management keep marking everything as level 1 priority the waters are muddied and it gets lost.

This is then usually compounded by management then using the flat priority to pick and choose what they want prioritised making the issue further muddied. I'm pretty sure I can speak for every developer when I say this is the bane of our existence, it's why I left my previous job.

Also, I'm so glad I didn't try TSW 3. Mind you i'm still working my way through TSW 2020 and having the occasional oddity there anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  50. stimp#5938

Holy mac! Unbelievable.

DTG Alex DTG JD and everyone else at your company, the achievements/trophies mentioned in this thread are broken for close to a year or even longer now. And yet you are able to fix these in TSW3:

[Achievements]
    • BR Class 465 tutorial can now be completed, thus unlocking the Achievement as well
    • Fixed introduction tutorial achievements
    I mean what the hell?! What kind of show is DTG running here?! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: