A Big Thanks To Dtg For The 64 Bit Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Broomwagon, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Broomwagon

Broomwagon Member

Thank you for the upgrade DTG - no problems or issues that I've identified, and it's wonderful what it gives freeroamers. As it was, it could run nice driving scenarios but it could never really deliver on freeroam. You could manage satisfying freeroams, but it was always about compromise - size of line, graphic settings and amount of stock. Experienced freeroamers like me, could judge those compromises to get a the maximum amount of assets as possible but it was unstable.

But with the upgrade - I've just set up a Falmouth freeroam -admittedly a smaller line so more latitude for assets, but I could even run the editor -already with countless assets placed with max graphics settings - I've never been able to do that before. I've placed masses of locos, coaches and wagons with no concern about hitting the memory buffer and it all works - it's rock stable. You really have unleased freeroam DTG, I can't tell you how happy I am.

Still no ability to move to locos not in sight from the one you're in but I have a little strategy where I place small narrow gauge locos hidden in trackside sheds every 2km and that way on a small line like Falmouth I can go where-ever I wish. It was never viable on larger lines owing to the memory limitations but perhaps now it's do-able.

But thanks DTG again I really appreciate what you've done. The upgrade probably wasn't really done with freeroam builders in mind, but I think we're probably the ones who have gained most benefit. Thanks again DTG - I hope you read this.

• Like Like x 6
  2. SD40Australia-Daniel

SD40Australia-Daniel Member

Great post!

Thank you to Dove Tail Games as well for this.

SD40Australia-Daniel