Cologne-frankfurt High Speed Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Swedewagon, Sep 27, 2020.

1. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Nürnberg Erfurt can be combined with Erfurt Leipzig to create Schnellfahrstrecke Nürnberg Leipzig abbreviated as SNL or SLN
    Schnellfahrstrecke Leipzig Nürnberg. The German equivalent to the Japanese Tohoku Shinkansen. Difference is that SLN gets late night freight no Sleeper Trains. Unlike Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg Lohr Hannover section which has Sleeper trains and Freight

• Like Like x 2
  2. BellaCiao

BellaCiao New Member

That would definitely be great. Tho I highly doubt Dovetail would release an Addon over the lenght of almost 400km (including the Nürnberg-Ingolstadt HSR). But I guess we can dream

3. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Since Kassel-Würzburg is now a thing, maybe Cologne-Frankfurt could hopefully be the next German high speed route

• Like Like x 2
  4. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

I was just thinking about it yesterday while being around Würzburg (in game) and looking at the new styled route map at the station.
    It would be nice if they did extend at least one route in every country, since UK got the extension, two countries left (if LGV is not getting extended).
    In Germany I see two routes perfect for extension at the moment and Köln-Aachen wins in every way. So hopefully this now can be a thing.
    Another route fit for extension in my opinion is controversial Münich-Augsburg but not my preference. If I could choose, I would look towards Hamburg or Main Spessart instead but in truth, I don't think MSB would be fit for extension at the moment.

• Like Like x 3
  5. drnicktgm#1259

Since we'll get the Editor, now it's possible to create The Schnellfahrstrecke Rhein-Main, and we all can participate in it

6. drnicktgm#1259

This might be interesting for some of you:
    It's only in Germany but Shows how this route was constructed