375 Sound Issues.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by james64, Sep 6, 2022.

1. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

I know that DTG are already aware of the lack of deceleration sounds, however I've also noticed that when it's raining the sound of the rain is completely wrong. When you're in the cab with the window and/or door shut it sounds as if you're hearing the rain with the window open- the opposite also happens when the window is open, it sounds as if the window is shut and you can only hear the muffled patter of the rain. This makes driving in the rain with the 375 completely immersion breaking, as even if you drive with the window open to get the correct sound at speed you still get the rushing wind, and if you close the window it's back to hearing the rainfall as of you were standing outside the train. I'm on PS5, if it's relevant.

Typical DTG. Even when they create something great there HAS to be a caveat. This needs to be fixed asap.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The 375 sound is too low for me and keeps cutting out - very similar to the 377 on London Commuter. Doubt I’ll be driving it much in its current state.

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. james64

I think it's a little quiet, but it's not bad enough for me to stay away from it. The London Commuter 377 is still my most driven train in TSW.

5. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s the audio cutting out mainly that puts me off. It grates on me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. james64

I never noticed it cutting out. Are there any specific times it does that?

7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

All the time for me. I recorded a video on the 377 on London Commuter to demonstrate it to the DTG team - it’s the exact same on the 375.

8. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Cuts out from time to time for me as well. Exclusively playing with the 465 at the moment, the sounds on that are awesome.

9. james64

Is it because you're driving with the window open? I never drive with it open and I've never heard it that bad in what must be around 20+ hours of driving the 377.

10. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Yeah, I always have the window open so I can hear the train as much as possible, but it’s broken on the 377 and 375 :(

11. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

We are are of the issue deceleration sounds, will make the team aware of the rain issue. If you could send a video of it as well would be really helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Hi Jamie,
    What about the sounds cutting out?

13. DTG Jamie

DTG Jamie Staff Member

Yes sorry have logged that as well

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Thank you very much. I appreciate it :)

15. shaun.jobson

shaun.jobson New Member

I think there’s a whole issue of sounds with the electrostars since BML, it shouldn’t be making that racket you hear with the window down, so I drive them with the cab doors open instead, I managed to grab Matts attention on the TSW community page with this issue thankfully and has been passed on.

16. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Oh good, I was thinking it was my set-up. All logged, hopefully an easy fix as you really notice it on express services when you're sat at the same speed for a while.
    Loving the new weather BTW.