Class 395 Pantograph

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by philwest#7393, Sep 7, 2022.

Tags:
  1. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Hi everyone, I have a small problem that I am hoping someone can help me with.

I am currently playing SEHS on TSW3, working through the timetable I have been stopped right at the beginning. I am trying to play Charity Javelin, part 1 and can’t raise the pantograph.

I am entering the cab, turning on cab lights, putting the master key and turning the reverser to neutral. I then press the Aux On button for 2 seconds followed by the CTRL button and the Pan Up/Shoes Down twice. The MCB/VCB light is on and the Train Line light is off. If I try to select power I get a message to raise the pantograph and close the circuit breaker and that is as far as I can get. Any ideas please.

2. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Think I might have an answer to this, the manual tells me to hold the pan up/shoes down until the line volt light comes on, then again until the mcb/vcb light goes out. I will try it later!

3. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Well that didn’t work, I think this will need to go back to DTG for a fix!

4. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

5. kekanha#4892

6. kekanha#4892

you have 2 red buttons and 1 yellow below on your left. the red one without a lid goes up the pantograph and the red one with a lid goes up the shoes. depending on where you are you have one of those types of current. If you want to raise the pantograph press the red one without cover, and then the yellow below to confirm, you may have to press it 2 times. and for the shoes it is the same process but with the button with a cover. To find out what energy you are using, look above, it has cables, it is a pantograph. If you are driving and you are not sure, the high speed line (pantograph) is in km.h, the low speed line is in miles on the speedometer. It's harder to explain than to do, don't worry. luck

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

Charity Pt1 begins at the Ashford Depot doesn't it? The depot itself runs on 3rd rail (despite the main line at Ashford being CTRL), so you need to hold the DC button until the light comes on and then hit Pan UP/Shoes DOWN twice to get line voltage and turn the MCB off. Once you get to the station, you switch to CTRL

I was stuck on this one for a little while as you start in pitch-black and I couldn't see the lack of OHLE in the depot.

8. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Thank you all for your help, I hadn’t thought about dc operation, the drivers assistance said raise the pantograph and close the mcb/vcb. Perhaps the advice needs to be changed!

• Like Like x 1
  9. elric#1386

elric#1386 Well-Known Member

I fell for the same trap! But then I noticed that there was no overhead power cables.
    So I agree with you that the Assist advice needs to be changed. It needs to say "Turn on DC, and lower shoes!" and not Raise pantograph!

• Like Like x 1
  10. rshifflet#2142

rshifflet#2142 Active Member

But where is the circuit breaker for first time startup sequence ? Tutorial 1 says to set it if necessary to have power to get rolling.
    thx