PlayStation Cannot Raise Pantograph

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by philwest#7393, Sep 6, 2022.

1. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

5Z12: The Charity Javelin (Part 1)
    Class 395 - 395010
    After entering cab and setting up, I have pressed the CTRL button and the PanUp/Shoe Down twice whilst in Neutral.
    After selecting Forward and applying power I get a Driver Assistance message to raise the pantograph and close the circuit breaker. I do this to no effect, am I missing something?

• Like Like x 1
  2. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

So as an addition, I have followed the manual instructions for a cold start, pressed Aux On for two seconds, then CTRL until it lights up followed by Pan Up/Shoes Down twice. The line volt light remains out and the pantograph does not raise. I have tried this from both ends with the same effect. Is this a bug or am I still missing something?

• Like Like x 1
  3. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

I can now say that having held the pan up/shoes down button the line volts light does not illuminate and the mcb/vcb light does not go out, I can’t get power and keep getting the driver assistance message to raise the pan and close the mcb.

4. Hiro Protagonist

Hiro Protagonist Well-Known Member

As mentioned in the other thread, if you're starting at the Ashford depot you need to set up for third rail (DC) rather than CTRL, and then switch over when you get to Ashford International.

5. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Thanks for that, I’ll give it a try, didn’t think of dc operation as there doesn’t appear to be a third rail in the depot!

6. philwest#7393

philwest#7393 Member

Sorted! Ignore the advice to raise the pantograph, it should say lower the shoes!
    Thank you all for your help!