Xbox Dlc Missing From Tsw2 After Installing Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Princess Entrapta, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I currently have TSW2 installed to my Seagate Expansion card and TSW3 installed to the internal drive of my Series S.
    All TSW2 DLCs are installed alongside it on the expansion card via the install manager.
    All the TSW3 versions of those DLCs are installed in TSW3 on the internal drive, again via the install manager

Since installing the TSW3 versions on the internal drive, TSW2 is not detecting any of my DLCs as installed, even though they are all there with TSW2 taking up 158GB on the seagate drive and TSW3 taking up 180GB on the internal drive.

I am going to attempt moving TSW3 to my *spare* seagate drive and see what happens, but it concerns me that TSW2 appears to break if TSW3 is installed on the same system, even to a different drive.

2. Princess Entrapta

Can confirm that removing TSW3 by moving it to another drive and unplugging that drive causes all installed TSW2 DLC to reappear within TSW2. Transferring TSW2 to the internal drive and plugging the external drive containing TSW3 back in makes it all disappear within TSW2. It appears if a TSW3 version of a route is also installed on your system, TSW2 cannot see the TSW2 version of it which is also installed.

One more problem of the two games being the same game and looking for the same things, presumably.

3. Princess Entrapta

For now the "easy" fix I was able to implement is "simply" to own two Seagate external storage cards at £350 each :D

4. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

I think same issue with addons was with TSW and TSW2.

5. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

Yeah was same back then.
    But tbh, once your collection is ported over to tsw 3 I dont see any reason to keep everything on tsw 2 installed.
    Maybe just for the tsw 2 shop, in case they have discounts on older DLC there but not on tsw 3.

6. jaf_duman

jaf_duman Member

I have checked on my XSX and everything seems work correctly. Both versions of TSW are installed on the internal hard drive and I have access to all my DLC's both in TSW2 and TSW3.

7. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

im still installing all for TSW3 .. 21 DLC to go ...Will check later

8. Princess Entrapta

I moved TSW2 on to the internal drive to test and yeah, as soon as I plug in the expansion card with TSW3 and all my routes on it, TSW2 drops down to only showing the core routes. Unplugging the drive with TSW3 on it makes them all reappear. Putting each game on a separate Expansion card has solved the issue for me, since I can plug in the one I want to use (for the foreseeable future mostly TSW2, until they fix all the TSW3 bugs) but obviously not everyone owns multiple expansion cards, as they are silly expensive.

9. Princess Entrapta

I find TSW3 mostly unplayable for now due to the bugs, lack of features and key menu options, unintuitive UI colouring, horrible flashing and strobing lighting, and poor performance compared to the more stable framerates of TSW2. But I want to keep a TSW3 install sitting around so that I can test it as it gets patched up to an acceptable level of quality for a 1.0 release, without needing to download the entire ~200GB every time I want to see if they made snow stop flickering or whatever.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  10. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

IIRC this happened with the transfer from TSW2020 to TSW2. I believe it's to do with Licence Keys in that you can't own multiple copies of the same item - i.e. when you purchase a DLC you purchase ONE Licence Key and that one Licence Key can be associated with one main game but not both.

11. drdavewatford

drdavewatford Active Member

I feared that this would be the case so have held off purchasing TSW3 at this point. I'll wait for you to confirm when it's safe to jump!

12. Princess Entrapta

I'm going to be keeping it installed on my secondary drive, and regularly checking in on how they're handling all the issues. I genuinely WANT to enjoy TSW3 and for it to meet the potential it has.