Pc Graphics Settings

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by xboxjonnyuk, Sep 8, 2022.

1. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Hi all,

really hope someone can help as I started playing TSW3 on series x first and today decided to install on my gaming pc.

I have a high spec pc with 3080ti and Ryzen 9 and 64 ram but the graphic details even with all on ultra look awful and not as good as the series x.

not sure if I’m doing something stupid on the settings but I’m choosing 4k and full screen ultra and then in advanced settings everything on max.

It really does not look right and even worse than TSW2 on the pc and I wish I knew what I was doing wrong and hope someone can advise please.

2. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Would be helpful if you could post some photos of both the Series X and PC so others can see the difference. Or expand on what is making the PC images look bad. (e.g Lighting, etc)
    Other option is to try experimenting with TAA or FXAA.
    If you have copied an ini file from TSW2 remove it as some settings dont work well on TSW3.
    Those would be my first suggestions. Difficult to say without seeing a photo.

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

If you're expecting the pc version to look very beautiful and stuff on ultra settings, then you will be disappointed. There were several people saying that it doesn't look the best on pc even on ultra

4. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Appreciate very much your response and it’s more the graphics on pc are not sharp really and on series x you can see a lot more detail.

I’m not using any mods or changing any files but I’ll try those settings you mentioned and thanks.

5. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

I play with some settings on ultra and get good visuals. See my posts under
    Tsw3 - Your Awesome Lighting Pictures
    My settings as well AMD Vega 56 8GB, 3900X, 32 GB DDR4 (3600Mhz) Mysetings.png

6. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

I’m surprised it’s not as good as series x though and I’ve watched people streaming on You Tube and the graphics are a lot clearer and sharper than mine and I understand people could be on higher spec pc but mine is pretty high end and enough to play MSFS in 4k all ultra so thought maybe I’m doing something wrong in settings

7. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

What Graphics card AMD or Nvidia as I have AMD and I use AMD Radeon Image Sharpenig (really made a big Difference on TSW2, now I am so use to it I cannot notice it unless I turn it off) I am sure Nvidia will have something similar.

8. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

Thanks and I can even see in the background your image is much clearer than mine.

I’m wondering if I’m using the wrong settings on the screen settings tab but I’m on an LG C1 so have resolution 4k and full screen at 100%

9. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

I’m using an Nvidia 3080TI

10. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

11. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Drizzt

Drizzt New Member

Hello there is a graphical option in game where you can put 200%, it makes a huge difference. I hope it works. :)

13. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

goodbye frame rate. I have everything on ultra, 1440p widescreen and going from 125% to 200% takes me from 60fps to occasional fps

• Like Like x 4
  14. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

I’ve always wondered how DTG make their promotional screenshots look so pretty, because even on max settings I cannot replicate that level of detail. Must be some severe post-processing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

I tried it but unfortunately still no better. It’s not so much bad but noticeably not sharp or detailed and almost blurred which is so strange when series x is pin sharp and I have a $5,000 pc ))

16. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

I’ll try this but from memory I tried this on MSFS (not that I needed) just to see what difference it makes but as just mentioned here in this thread the frame rates drop considerably but all the same I’ll give it a whirl and thanks !

• Like Like x 1
  17. bsrdj

bsrdj Member

Iam on pc i9 10900 32gb 2080ti ultra 4k looks good better to me than my xbox series x

18. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Can be really difficult to troubleshoot graphical issues. Do you think it is Just the TSW3 Game or are you having issues with all games? Dont know what settings you have tried but Effect Quality/Post Process Quality and AnitAliasing have the biggest impact on my visuals maybe turn down some settings? Also maybe create a new thread asking what are the best Settings for Nvidia sharpening is see if some users can give tips on there Nvidia Graphics setup. Also check drivers as sometimes new drivers can have issues. Find out what Nvidia driver version you have and google "Nvida Driver version...(insert version) then image issues or problems see what comes up. Maybe rolling back to older driver may help.

19. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

I have a funny feeling my graphics settings are maybe not saving correctly. I know a few times when I’ve gone back into settings they have reverted to something else so this is all I can think of

20. xboxjonnyuk

xboxjonnyuk Member

I know it’s really difficult but it is only this game. My graphics quality in MSFS which I use often are stunning. Appreciate your help by the way!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I was losing my screen res and other in-game settings until I realized that I wasn't hitting the " apply " button in the bottom right. It's a little finicky so you have to click on it every time it shows up.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Bertil Persson

Bertil Persson Active Member

This strange thing happened to me: According to support the processor in my old PC is under minimum requirements. Other components are not, but they’re not high end either. To my surprise, TSW 3 works better than TSW 2!!! I can run on higher settings which was impossible in TSW2 without crashing. TSW 3 doesn’t crash, whatever I’ve tried so far. Well, I get a crash report AFTER game exit, but then I’m out, so it doesn’t affect the gameplay. I must try ultra settings and see how far I get. I run on high but in TSW 2 I had to keep at medium. ???

• Like Like x 1
  23. traindorks

traindorks New Member

I’ve found exactly the same issue, but think I’ve worked out how to make it better. It appears to be the scaling setting which makes a difference to the quality, so if you increase that to say 150% you will see a huge difference in overall graphics quality, but as others have mentioned your FPS will also take a big hit if your presets are still ok Ultra.
    What I did was drop my presets to ‘High’, increase the scaling to 150% which gave me FPS between 45 - 55, and then I started increasing individual settings from ‘High’ to ‘Ultra’ to see if the FPS was still acceptable. For reference, I’ve got a Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB, so not a top end card but decent enough. I’m getting really good results with this method, still playing with it though.

• Like Like x 3
  24. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Same as many other members, although I only have an RTX 2070 OC 8G and not a 3080TI, I have a much better definition than with TSW2, but on one of your captures I notice that you only have 90% "screen percentage" in the advanced settings" out, in theory this setting is at 100% or even 125% which personally affects the quality of my graphics, but I doubt that it is that for you, because otherwise your settings are identical to mine and I have a very good definition but I stay in 2K because no 3080 (on the other hand I had to reconfigure my graphic parameters in TSW3, because although it perfectly imported my profiles the graphic settings had been reduced because the possibilities of graphic settings in TSW3 have become more configurable diferament)
    tof

25. The way it works on PC is anything below 200% screen Percentage makes the game look terrible. This is why I prefer playing at the ancient 1080 resolution.

26. rfdebruijn

rfdebruijn New Member

Hi all, does anybody know if this tool works?
    Train Sim World 3 - How to Reduce/Fix Lag and Boost/Improve Performance
    search on youtube.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  27. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

The screen percentage controls the rendering resolution. If it is lower than 100% you are rendering at lower than you screen size resolution and upscaling it. Try rising that to at least to 100% before you touch anything else if you want to increase the sharpness of your image.

28. Boda09

Boda09 Member

I had the same problem coming from a Ps5... in my case on the Nvidea control panel the Anisotropic filtering was turnd off. turnd it on by control of the aplication and it fix the blur of textures.

29. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Personally on my config this application has proven to be of poor use, even by choosing the highest settings I find myself with details set to low in "post-processing" which is really nonsense, can be interesting on very small configurations but I wouldn't put 5€ in something which in my opinion has no interest on a configuration that can work in 1080p!!!

30. ethcr#4723

ethcr#4723 Member

Same problems with me too. I have way above minimum specs. With a i7-9700F CPU @ 3.00GHz and 2060rtx. Tried for weeks to get all the settings to give me good results still nothing. I don't like the flickering the game gives me when I increase the settings. I don't really know what else to try. Only getting 30fps

31. xkhayd#5485

xkhayd#5485 New Member

When I got a new PC recently with a RTX3070 TI TSW3 looked terrible but I soon figured out that the game was running on the motherboards graphics card I think and not the RTX. So the pc wasn’t configured or setup properly. Having looked online I found a how to configure your RTX graphics card and soon after started getting much better results. There’s just so many settings though,

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 1