PC So Many Bugs

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by poudigne, Sep 8, 2022.

1. poudigne

poudigne New Member

As much as I really enjoyed my time with the games, it's filled with bug that I cannot understand how it went through QA.

I'm not gonna detail every single bug I've had, but the most recent one was in the Scenario "Empty Evening" (Southeastern High Speed). After doing everything and parking the train in the depot. My next task was to change "End" which I did after shutting down the train. Went to the other End, did everything to start the train : Master Key - On, Reverser - Neutral, Close Doors, Reverser - Forward, Reset DRA, Apply Power. At this last step, No matter what I did, the BC gauge wouldn't empty and wouldnt move forward.

I think it as something to with using Keyboard shortcut and the mouse to control stuff at the same time. Multiple time I had "de-sync" issue, where, for example, I would apply brake with the keyboard but it wouldn't do anything until I use the mouse to "reset" the brake et redo it.

Playing PC - On Xbox Game Pass.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Hello poudigne - thank you for raising this issue with us, I appreciate your patience while we work on the launch issues.

I have passed this into our internal teams to diagnose.

Welcome to the forus and I hope you can still enjoy your experience while we iron out the bugs :)

3. poudigne

poudigne New Member

DTG Alex
    Here's an example, in the Scenarios "Highspeed run". I followed all the instruction at the start to start the train. I was at the step to "Give power accelerate". Which I did but the train stood still.
    My BC is at 0.0 whichj means brake are disengaged correctly.
    Im currently at Power 4, and you can see that 0 Amp are being sent to the train, and the speed is, obviously, 0.0 Km/h.

Maybe i'm doing something wrong, which then means the scenarios has missing steps.
    upload_2022-9-8_20-47-50.png

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You didn't mention the part where you have to select the right power mode and press pan up shoes down twice, maybe even 3 since I had to do that sometimes. Did you do that? It's mentioned in the tutorial too

5. poudigne

poudigne New Member

Yes I forgot to mention, and yes I did. I also had to press "CTRL" (the train button, not keyboard key) for 2 sec.

I'm taking a break from the game until I see a patch note, cause I restarted the scenario due to the train refusing to stop working after a while (or something straight up at the start, but didn't count those try). I went into a scenario where you can do whatever you want (only objective is to walk to a marker to end the scenario), and first train I jump in the Brake Cylinder gauge was stuck at 15 PSI no matter what I did.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  6. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

Just to follow on from rennekton#1349's post above, was the line light showing and did you release DRA? The scenario works on PC Steam, as per screenshot below.
    upload_2022-9-9_8-38-35.jpeg

7. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

I cannot reproduce any issues in both "Empty evening" and "Highspeed run". There are also no missing steps when setting up/shutting down the Javelin or 465/9. I assume that in "Empty evening" something was forgotten to turn off in the first cab. Also in "Highspeed run" something is wrong with poudigne, his main reservoir shows 7.6 bar while the main reservoir of Veryfatbloke and me shows 8.3 bar and we both have no problems to set the Javelin in motion. Unfortunately, you can't see Line Volt, MCB/VCB and DRA on your screenshot. It would have been interesting if and which of these lights would have been lit. Seeing the blue powering indicator in the left monitor next to the clock would also have been helpful.

EDIT: I also play via Steam.

20220909134537_1.jpg
    20220909151947_1.jpg 20220909145404_1.jpg

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  8. poudigne

poudigne New Member

Yes I had released the DRA. Indeed, every step were working in the intro as I was able to start the train a couple time. Sometime the bug happened later after stopping at station. I was breaking, and push the button too long and it activated the emergency brake. I don't how or why it happens, but I definitly have issues on multiple train when playing mixed with keyboard and mouse. I will try to reproduce the bug later tonight and record a video.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. poudigne

poudigne New Member

Veryfatbloke sequencer2k16
    I wanted to reproduce the train, bug but instead got a new one. First station I stop, about to start and go to the next one... I notice the red light, I stop and this happen

cant_go-1.png cant_go-2.png cant_go-3.png
    And I took the first screenshot after 2-3 minutes after I saw a train goes by so yeah, waited aprox 10 mins. no incoming train
    upload_2022-9-9_20-37-18.png

10. poudigne

poudigne New Member

Veryfatbloke sequencer2k16 DTG Alex

Here's a video of the train in "Free Switching" that has brakes that doesn't disengage (and doesn't seem effective at all)

(Ignore the fact that I forgot to turn on the Gen Field)

11. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

No generator field, no movement! This cannot be ignored, also your loco is set to trail and you forgot to cut-in the brakes,
    that's why your BP is at zero. You should definitely spend a longer time with the tutorials.

2222.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. poudigne

poudigne New Member

I did every tutorial. lol. Will go back I might have forgotten something.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022