Has Anyone Made A Breakdown Of All The Dostos?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pveezy, Sep 8, 2022.

1. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I am just starting to play some of the German routes… I own all of them… one thing that’s confusing me is why there are so many Dostos… and which ones belong where?

I think I have 7 installed… I guess the markings are different but it’s hard to even tell them apart in the menu screen.

Basically all I’ve figured out is the one that says S bahn Dresden on the side probably goes on S services on Dresden route. Is there a more comprehensive explanation anyone can give?

2. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I took a look at the ones I seem to have on TSW2 by opening Therandter Rampe and loading each one. Seems like I have 6.

Here’s a quick list of what I noticed about them:
    1. 766.2 DBpbzfa DB S-Bahn Dresden VVO.
    2. 767.2 DABpbzfa Regio DB yellow stripe.
    3. 766.2 DBpbzfa DB Regio DB white stripe.
    4. 767.2 DABpbzfa DB Regio yellow stripe.
    5. 766.2 DBpbzfa Regio white stripe (for some reason headlights stuck on red for this one).
    6. 766.2 DBpbzfa DB Regio white stripe.
    At first glance 2 and 4 look the same to me.

Also 3, 5 and 6 look the same other than 5 having red lights stuck in the front no matter what I did.

3. tygerways#2596

tygerways#2596 Well-Known Member

"Nr. 5" is presumably the one from Hamburg-Lübeck. For some reasons it has the headlights selector ("Signalleuchten") on the panel behind the driver seat to "Tail Lights" by default. Set them to "Headlights" and you can use them properly.
    upload_2022-9-8_6-50-2.png

The "yellow stripe" on the 767.2 marks the first class compartment (the 766.2 only has second class). The two 767.2s are from Ruhr-Sieg Nord and from the BR 182 loco DLC, I don't know yet if they can be told apart. The 767.2s also display the Fahrstufe on their MFD, unlike the 766.2s:
    upload_2022-9-8_6-57-47.png

The 766.2 from Tharanther Rampe can be identified by its switch for the headlights: It cannot be set to signal lights, only to "High Beams", "Headlights - Normal" and "Headlights - Reduced". (What demonstrates that the latest version of a vehicle doesn't necessarily need to be the "best" one.)
    upload_2022-9-8_7-4-37.png

The 766.2 from Dresden Nahverkehr has the VVO livery, as you said.

So the remaining 766.2 (DB Regio livery, Signalleuchten switch to "Headlights" by default, regular headlights switch: "Headlights - Bright", "Headlights - Reduced", "Signal Lights - Normal", "Signal Lights - Reduced") is the one from Main-Spessart.

So imho all 766.2s (not so the two 767.2 so far) can be told apart as soon as you are spawing in them.

I hope this helps at least a bit.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  4. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Thanks! That seems to cover it all.

Now that I can at least tell them apart it will help me figure out which one is causing the frame rate issues right now too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Well tygerways#2596 thanks to your help I was able to tell these Dostos apart and figure out which ones have FPS issues and why, it’s the coach lights! Coach lights destroy FPS on Dostos which is why on some routes AI Dostos kill FPS.

Here’s the 3 categories I found:

1. Spawn with coach lights on but they don’t cause a major FPS hit (also you can’t seem to turn them off and they have a purple tint):
    Tharandter Rampe and Nahverkehr Dresden

2. Coach lights cause a major FPS hit, but they spawn with them turned off making it only an issue if you turn them on:
    Hamburg-Lubeck
    Both yellow stripe (Ruhr Sieg Nord and 182 DLC).

3. Coach lights cause a major FPS hit AND they spawn with them turned ON (so all AI trains kill FPS nearby):
    Main Spessart Bahn

So all of them have issues to some extent with FPS caused by coach lights, but the Main Spessart one is the worst offender because it spawns with them on and is probably the one on AI services killing FPS.

(This is TSW2 BTW, won’t be able to check 3 until later this week).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  6. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Important thing to remember is that on some routes the VVO Riesa Dresden and Tharandter Rampe 766.2 has a chance of displacing the older dostos. In that situation one way to tell them apart from the other ones is that if you have a creators club paint on a 766.2 which means you got a Riesa-Dresden or Dresden Chemnitz Tharandter Rampe dosto as lead vehicle instead of original route dosto cab car. RSN Main Spessart Bahn Cab cars cannot be painted and their brake mode selectors can't be changed.

7. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

DTG needs to fix the UI

• Like Like x 1
  8. bescot

bescot Well-Known Member

This problem would be quite easily fixed by changing the name fields in locres. If DTG don't do it I'll release this as a mod for the trains with multiple variants.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
  9. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

A mod would be great but DTG needs to fix this already

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

How would that work moving forwards where rolling stock isn't tied to a route? What is required is two things:

Firstly eliminating exact copies. Take the best version and remove the rest.
    Secondly, separating out liveries from actual differences with the rolling stock. E.g. the 766 and 767 are different. But each may come in several liveries some of which may be the same. If you can choose the version and the livery separately then not only is the player in control of what they want to drive but also you will have shorter lists to choose from as it is a 2 step process.

11. tsw2

tsw2 Well-Known Member

Taking the best version and removing the rest is not possible because in TSW each route is its own game.

12. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

To my understanding someone is working on a mod for this, but lets also hope DTG do an official improvement for this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Another weird thing is now on TSW3 I have two Dostos in my list but I only have one DLC installed with Dosto available (Tharandter Rampe).

edit: the reason why is apparently TSW3 includes another Dosto for AI on the new route but it’s not playable on the route itself. So it shows up in TR as an option.

Also FWIW both those Dostos work perfectly with no FPS drop at all from interior lights in TSW3. I’d like to test the other ones but because I’m on PlayStation I can’t access those DLC until the next 2 weeks.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  14. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

One of them doesn't seem to accumulate snow on the top, even though the passenger cars it pulls do get snow.

I experienced this on HRR last night when I selected a 30-minute or less random service.

15. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member