How Has Luzern-sursee Not Been Patched Yet? Pitch Black. S Reenshots Inside.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Easy301, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

How has this not been patched yet?

Here's what it looks like driving this route on any other setting other than winter (which for some reason provides a marginal visibility increase at night, maybe the lights reflecting off the snow.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I understand DTG has their hands full and maybe this is on Rivet games but how was this not hot fixed immediately? It's a payware addon and nearly half the services aren't playable because they take place at night. It severely hurts the customer experience and stuff like this should be immediately fixed when you're asking people to purchase it.

:(

• Like Like x 5
  2. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

Agreed. It would help if there was a way to turn the tint of the windscreen off but I guess this wouldn't be true to life, and if the route were lit properly, it wouldn't be such an issue. Similarly, I don't understand why there isn't a 'head out left' and 'head out right' view - Rivet appear to have omitted it from WCL as well.

• Like Like x 1
  3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

You get this on other routes too because of the lighting. Some routes have no moonlight at all, making it extremely dark and headlights don't light up anything.

4. TheTipsyRaccoon

TheTipsyRaccoon Well-Known Member

Ahh you must be new here.

• Like Like x 9
  5. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

I know DTG takes awhile to fix anything, some releases lack even basic quality control and sometimes things don't get fixed at all

Right, this has been a problem since the inception of TSW. This case is especially an issue though as it makes it totally unplayable while driving the train...in the their train simulator.

Usually with other routes there's SOMETHING be it ambient track lighting, headlights that at least light up a few feet, etc

6. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

Well, if you really want to drive those night services I guess you need to find a month with full moon, select cloudless weather and then you'll see something through the windshield except black hole. Either that or you can forget night services I'm afraid, as TSW2 routes will not receive new lighting system from TSW3 (although I'm not sure if it is much better).

7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Cajon pass during the night with fog apparently makes the route pitch black so yea. There's still lighting issues during the night. Either give trains bright headlights that light up the track like how it was with dra or add in moonlight. I would rather have have an artificially lit night than pure darkness

• Like Like x 1
  8. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Even using a full moon doesn't solve it. I believe the issue is the trains tinted windows and lack of ambient lighting on the route.

I'm sure you could fix the opacity of the windows without it being too much work.

Oddly enough, the only thing that I've found so far that makes it somewhat playable is setting it to winter, for some reason the tracks Infront of the train at least for a few feet become visible then.

DTG, who can we reach out to, to help get this issue fixed for those of us who have purchased the route?