Kassel - Würzburg Stop Markers Too Close To Signals

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Sep 9, 2022.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've been massively enjoying the new routes, especially Kassel - Würzburg, but one thing keeps annoying me. The stop markers in many of the overtaking loops (for example Rohrbach Bbf) are too close to the signals. This makes it tricky to both trigger the stop marker and not overrun the signal, but is especially annoying in combination with LZB and AFB as those systems force you to stop way before the signal and stop marker, requiring you to turn of AFB to slowly roll closer to the signal. I hope the small change of placing the stop markers 20-50 meters earlier is not too difficult to be done.

• Like Like x 9
  2. StokesJH

StokesJH Active Member

It is indeed a very annoying issue. Difficult to understand why it is still happening.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Teflon490

Teflon490 Active Member

It has been brought up to DTG many times in the past, yet they still continue to produce more and more routes with this annoying thing. It's like you speak to the deaf and blind. Problem is this is a company with customers, not a nursing home.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

It's been acknowledged by senior individuals following Sherman hill. Still happening

• Like Like x 3
  5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Been noticing this too, especially with Afb and LZB on Kassel Wurzburg

6. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

Yeah, I would help if they place the stop marker not THAT close to the signals

7. chieflongshin

Ironically they achieved this with cajon, inconsistent.

8. jolojonasgames

Different dev teams, the Cajon dev twam may have already gotten used to this and been the ones making Sherman Hill and recieving the feedback then, whereas the KWG group may not have, which would still be bad internal communication, but could serve as an explaination. Let's just hope it get's taken up in a future patch soon :).

9. chieflongshin

I guess this is possible but also makes me wonder how well implemented, constructed the list of standard features spoken about are implemented.

10. jolojonasgames

That list has been hit and miss for a long time. Remember wet platforms dissapearing for a while after LGV?

11. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Alternatively they could stop that scenario or service failure thingy when you run a red signal

12. jolojonasgames

That has been talked about a lot, but it is seemingly impossible as the dispatcher isn't dynamic enough to handle that.

13. SLBM

SLBM Active Member

There is a simple workaround: let the dispatcher not react at all. You SPAD, you get a screen saying so, but instead of just returning to the menu, you get an option of jumping back to the game where nothing is changed, except your train is stopped just before the red signal.

Of course one could also hope to get a save function.

14. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

Train Sim World 3® 2022-09-25 19-12-35.png
    Why? :(
    42864 part 2. My interest in KWG freight suddenly picked up and left. Having to end services like this just isn't fun. I don't understand why we can't have the red to green field at the end of all freight services and not just some.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s once again another failure of DTG to act on repeated, valid feedback. It’s taking the mickey to put it mildly.

• Like Like x 1