Fishing Sim World October Update News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DTG_Stephen, Sep 26, 2018.

1. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Oh no this doesn't sound good. If this is the way things go I will be uninstalling. I have had about as much of DTG's incompetence as I can take. I'm at work so can't do and check the update yet , but feedback like this just makes me wonder if I should even bother with installing the update.

2. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

Achievements didn't unlock for me, hundreds of hours wasted and now looks like you have to redo everything again. They have adjusted the bite rates which I really like, hooks and baits do feel like they matter a little more now, but saying that this is going to make it a lot longer to redo everything we have just lost (Achievement wise).

After losing hundreds of hours spent meeting requirements for just about every achievement apart from two on the game, I don't think I wish to invest my time towards any achievements relating to Dovetail games until I have seen other people have been unlocking them.

I would like to see an explanation on why we have to redo everything for our achievements from Dovetail.

3. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Some quick feedback (from the carp side of things) - will no doubt be more. Some good positivity coming our way, just need some more lol

I have some found improvements i like.. having the ability to have / not have the hud is a good thing, more realistic... although seeing where you have cast is tricky (would always be on a small screen)

An option that would be good is if we could have a discreet momentary pop up confirming changes (eg drag changes). Yes the controller vibrates differently for reel speed, but if you cant see the line, how do you know if its taught and productively bringing the fish in, or if you over exert the line?

Also, why do we need a 1 to 5 reel in speed setting if we have the pressure sensitive trigger buttons on our controllers.

I like the fact that close up whilst tacking the fish the camera pans wider so you can see what you are doing... that used to annoy me something chronic...

I still dont like the eternity it takes to change rods to avoid loosing catches though, its as though the controller isnt responding - very frustrating.

Another weird one for me is night fishing in the canal with day blue sky.... it never used to be black and unseeable, but daylight in the dark? Must have been an oversight surely or a glitch.

The dovetail T-shirt’s and boats i cant see, but i can see some flourescent sweet corn yay!! And the addition of hook sizes and types are welcomed to

One more puzzling one... previously you couldnt land the fishing until it was spent (no net catch as on previous).. why can i now catch fish and they lie dead and still put a struggle up to land... some dont even fight... oh my god I’m killing computer fish..... :-(

New menus

4. ImmortalSoul83

ImmortalSoul83 Active Member

I wish the line depth would of stayed for the no bite icons. can't tell how deep my lure is in the water. The bite indicator was the only issue for me. However I did play the game without the hud completely.. one thing I can say. You need a controller that vibrates.. you don't have one. You won't know that you have a fish. This mode where the sound of the tension from the reel be more necessary. Cause the PC users won't be able to use this type of method cause no vibration = no fish for them.

Also the vibration for the ps4 had intensified. makes you want to shut it off completely. Should only feel the vibration only up until a fish bites. Then it can continue to vibrate.

Also I believe the achievements that were in the game were lost cause the game don't really know if we actually achieved that achievement. This problem wouldn't be a serious issue for me cause no we can earn the achievement like we supposed too. Perhaps a compensation for redoing the achievements maybe small rewards like extra money towards gear. This would be a nice welcoming.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  5. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Ive been given some points and achievements...some within the game and some within the xbox dash area... granted not many of them but then ive not got most of them yet...

6. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Why do we need all none or part?
    Why cant we have a drop down menu like they have already that say each thing and we opt in/out as we like, as clearly they will never make everyone happy...

7. SPACE ODDITY

And which achievements are those?

8. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

**sigh** The worst part is , how do we even know if the achievements even will unlock if we redo it ???? No guarantee that it will even work now. Now we go and spend a lot of hours again and it might still not unlock. How do we even know that it is in fact fixed and even worth it to redo it all again ? What DTG says is useless so I am definitely not taking their word for it that it is fixed now.

9. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Can anyone confirm if the trophies are unlocking now as to me it’s not made any difference since I’ve downloaded the update do u have to re meet the trophies Criteria again ?for them to unlock and I see there’s another dlc lake typical dovetail no wounder it’s taken so long for the update

10. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Any one else got the net symbol showing - you real in the fish and it swims away at the same time the screen goes on to collection page?? Just a little bit random and unrealistic me thinks....

11. SPACE ODDITY

Exactly buddy.

I think I will spend today working towards earning the achievement for catching 250 fish. If it doesn't unlock bang on 250 fish, then that maybe me done.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

What new dlc lake is there?? I cant see any new lakes at all - just the original ones it come with....

13. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Ive only got the first 7 of 25 achievements unlocked despite earning many more.... the others just say 0% complete :-(

14. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

You can remove just the bite indicator or the entire hud.

15. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Here’s the new dlc lake as u can see by the picture don’t think it’s out yet but it’s not the point they should be taking there time to address all the bugs and issues first before realising a new lake

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

We will look into this.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

Only ones ive got are
    In the big bucks (earn 50,000 tackle points)
    Catching carp (200 carp)
    Fully hooked (250 total fish)
    Centurion (100 total fish)
    Down and outer (loss of 25 fish)
    First catch (caught a fish)
    Learning the ropes (watched the tutorials)

All the others arent working....
    Up and comer (caught 50 fish over 25lb) - NOT WORKING
    50/50 (caught 50 fish over 50lb) - NOT WORKING
    Bagging bass (catch 200) - not tried
    Trophy veteran (catch 200 trophy fish) - not achieved yet
    The bass boss (catch 50 trophy bass) - not tried
    The carp collector (catch 50 trophy carp) - NOT WORKING
    The cat conqueror (50 trophy catfish) - not achieved yet
    Event attendee (attend 25 events) - not tried
    Competitive edge (catch 25 fish in 1 multiplayer event) - not tried
    Gunning for it (catch 25 in 1 live event) - not tried
    Showboat (travel 250km by boat) - not even tried
    Boast and gloat (won 25 multiplayer sessions) - not tried
    The prospector (earn 10 gold medals in single player tournaments) - nearly there ?? If its working
    Battle scared (reach level 100 and levelled up to enter a new prestige) - nearly there am at 82
    Deep pockets (bought 50 unique items from game store) - dont even know what these are.....
    Brand junkie (bought 100 uniques items from game store) - dont even know what these are....
    Jack of all trades (participate in an event of dovetail fishing league) - not tried
    Angling tycoon (earn 1000000 career earnings from the fishing league) - not tried..

You know theres an issue on the xbox dashboard when it reads
    Total fish caught = 0
    Total weight of fish caught = 0
    Boss fish caught = 0

How do you earn money? I can only seem to earn tackle points (tp).....

18. Tez ADI

Tez ADI Member

I cant see anything re this on the xbox side of things.... I’m assuming the new lakes will be chargeable or earnable through gameplay though - hopefully soon- hopefully free of charge!! :)

19. ImmortalSoul83

the update was announced beginning of October and it's 18 days in. I think the updates came pretty fast. But one part bugs me now. There's no depth shown for the no bite icon.

20. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Yeah no surprise there. Anyone familiar with DTG knows they will pump out DLC all the time.

21. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I had the pleasure of experiencing a proper developer doing and releasing 4 major bug fixes in 24 hours. Average for that developer was 3 major bug fix updates per week during times when there were plenty bugs in their product. THAT is how quickly serious bugs should be addressed and how proper developers does it who cares about their community and product. With the major bugs this game has and so many things broken we should have had at least 3 updates by now.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ImmortalSoul83

If you noticed that many many people wanted more lakes for the game.. as I can see that this might be another American lake. There pushing to fix the bugs as I see it.. Give the devs a break. This company probably only has a few workers that does the modeling and texturing. It's not a easy job to do. I should I know. I do 3d modeling myself. It takes time. Right now the only problem I see what others are complaining about is the achievements and really there's no real reward for getting these achievements. The the fact that the missing depth of your lure is gone. Probably these can be fixed in a quick amount of time. The point I see that there trying and I hope there with be more updates for the game as the game is done very well. Could use better sounds for th splashing of the fish and better animation for bigger fish. I'm sure though that they will get to it. Only thing I see is that others are complaining even after the update. I know that DLC's are early but I will get it. More the better.. Hope new species to these lakes as well.

23. WIPEOUT WARRIOR

WIPEOUT WARRIOR New Member

Update I just noticed there is an option on here now to link Dovetail live account to Xbox I just did that and restarted the game I now have my Dovetail live rewards t-shirt and boat :)

• Like Like x 1
  24. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Did it unlock bud ? Or you not past 250 yet ? I got mine for the " Loose 25 fish " last night. ( I was letting lots of carp get off during a match tourney ) so that one
    I can confirm is working now.

The problem is not the adding of new lakes , the problem is the price tag of that new lakes. That is what all Euro veterans will be worried about , the price and if we are going to get screwed over again like with Euro where season pass owners only got half of the DLC lakes. Those are the type of issues the veterans are worried about when it comes to DTG and DLC.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  25. ImmortalSoul83

Oh yeah.. I know how much there DLC's are.. I see it on euro fishing. I never bough it seeing that some of there DLC's are just as much as the game itself. I mean I can see if it's what $10.. then I see it be a fair price but to charge $20 or $30 is just too much. So I am eager to see what this new lake will cost but it's cost half what I spent for the game itself then I'm not buying it..

26. Duncanmacleod08

Duncanmacleod08 Member

The achievements are working got a few doing online tourneys and the walleye and blue gill are nice love the fixes and minimal hud for screenshots and recordings.. still catching tons of carp though but noticed a lot more perch bites off fluro maggots and imitation prawns.... night fishing be nice to see nocturnal fish species be more active and bite better ie walleye and catfish... all in all great update... tackle finally feels like its working ie hook size and line strength.

• Like Like x 1
  27. harold

harold Active Member

think the online match series would be better if carp never counted and was total weigh instead of numbers

28. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

I cant even get on any of the lakes since this update it just endlessly loads at the spawn location map this is on XBOX ONE

29. ImmortalSoul83

That's would be the carp championship that counts as weight and how many fish you caught. Match series is how many fish you can get total before time runs out and mean any fish counts regardless if it's carp,catfish or any other European fish.

30. koarl84

koarl84 Member

multiplayer with friends is broken. maps are not loading or friend can not join in

31. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Let us know how you get on with this.

Have you completed the requirements for these achievements since update went out?

Money is earned through the Dovetail Fishing League events. It shows how well you have done throughout the live tournaments.

Can you contact our customer support team at https://dovetailgames.kayako.com.

Which platform are you playing on?

32. SPACE ODDITY

So far I have unlocked 7 achievements and can confirm they unlocked bang on when they was supposed to, well done Dovetail on fixing them. I just wish I didn't have to redo all the requirements again, but at the end of the day they can now be unlocked and that's what matters.

• Like Like x 3
  33. WIPEOUT WARRIOR

WIPEOUT WARRIOR New Member

Yes I can confirm also but my only issue is the Brand Junkie Achievement for buying 100 items as I had already bought most of the stuff before achievements was fixed I only have boat wraps left to buy now so I don't think I will be able to unlock it :(

34. Jhuffman360

Jhuffman360 New Member

My friends game will get to the map when trying to play then will sit for 20+ minutes and will not let them play

35. Jhuffman360

Jhuffman360 New Member

Xbox one he's tried uninstall and reinstall

36. frailkrazykev

frailkrazykev Active Member

Already have stephen the day after the update all i want is to play the game without it crashing

37. koarl84

koarl84 Member

PS4

and sometimes i have the same issue on singleplayer free fishing. Sometimes the maps are loading, sometimes not...

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  38. sam.watson14

sam.watson14 Member

GIANT WOLF FISH and PEACOCK BASS are in my species list but no lake says it has them?

• Like Like x 1
  39. Chris-mayberry

Chris-mayberry New Member

Stephen this is the best game i have ever played in its category. Id love to see a mapping system maybe like on the new boats and perhaps online bass leagues