Tsw3 Expansion Pack?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by grumypop51, Sep 10, 2022.

1. grumypop51

grumypop51 Well-Known Member

So, I'm watching a video on YouTube last night from TheTrainGuy 4, where he says Dovetail have a new expansion pack for this game in the wings already! Seems to him (and me if his assumption is correct), that this is just a blatant grab for more money. Reasons for this assumption? The three locos in this pack are nothing new, but rather, recycled stock most of us would already own: 1) Eurostar 182 in different livery; 2) recycled F7 and rolling stock from Clinchfield in Santa Fe livery and 3) class 66 as a Railhead Treatment Train. Nothing new here at all. Licensing for new locos and routes must be either too hard to get or too dear to purchase. Anyone else know of this latest?
    Video here:

• Like Like x 4
  2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

This is based on nothing more than the steam database having 9 new achievements added earlier this week, 3 for the F7 (assumed for Cajon), 3 for a DB66RTT (assumed to be a class66 on a railhead treatment train on SEHS) and 3 called 182Dispolok (assumed to be for SKW.

Theres zero concrete information apart from the above but it doesnt stop conjective, discussion and rampant DTG baiting.

Guess it gets him a few views on Youtube with his clickbait title.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

Please do not watch videos anymore from this guy... If you writing "f*** you dovetail games" you're dumb and you didn't deserve any respect!!!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Huntlosen

Huntlosen Active Member

If this is really planned by DTG as DLC, that would be really sad. Players want Thameslink for BML and SHS, Acella, ICE-T for Dresden Risa and Desiro HC for RRO, HKA and HRR. If this is coming, it will be very disappointing

• Like Like x 7
  5. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Apart from the colorful language, he does raise some decent points

• Like Like x 6
  6. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

No no no! You lose directly all you're credits if you write such rubbish! He talks also about a "money scam" so for me a absolute loser.

7. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

I got as far as ~2 minutes and stopped watching when he presented one of his "facts" as "DTG are scammers"

So if for a moment we assume this pack will be a thing, the following statements are my view:

1. Already containing the game files in a new game for "Day 1" DLC (although its obviously not day 1 here) is a common practice as it eliminates the need for a new package and manifest, and can just be presented as an unlock key
    2. Existing customers are not the target market, if the format of the pack is in the same manner as New Journeys for TSW2, then it provides a (probably) cheap way (assuming pricing is similar to NJ for TSW2) for new purchasers of TSW3 to extend the life of their three routes they bought, without committing to a £30 quid route they may not like and may not be able to refund
    3. If point 2 is true, then two new engines plus rolling stock and a different type of 66 for NJ kind of price is pretty decent, considering that there will be new timetables as well

8. grumypop51

Notice, I DID say: 'if his assumption is correct'.........................Any way, it's something to think on.

9. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

It's not just achievements, the services are in the timetables with the RVDs clearly referenced. It's either cut content or an expansion pack and I doubt it's the former.

• Like Like x 2
  10. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean class 700 BML SEHS Extended ICE-T DB Baureihe 411 Riesa-Dresden Acela Express Boston Providence DB Baureihe 462 Schnellfahrstrecke Köln Aachen Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr and Rhein Ruhr Osten. The 1st suggestion is what the community calls rush Hour train pack.
    Class 700 TSC uses Class 444 DC Sound AC Sound Class 395. To prevent that mistake The correct sound should be used something that Armstrong powerhouse has done

11. maxthum

maxthum Active Member

Generally speaking, if an achievement is added to the Steam database for TSW, it's generally around 2-3 weeks away from launch. Its also been compounded with a little bit a digging in the source files, there are references to this DLC.

Maybe in a few days, it might be some screenshots loaded up?

12. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Unless something is a not for profit organisation then most other companies do cash grab. I do think as a game DTG need to
    Introduce something whereby they clearly articulate that they are in the business of making money as there's a bizarre amount of people with the perception they're working with a charity when they pick this game up.

I would suggest in the training centres where the laptop is open playing the game there could be an idiots guide to why DTG charge their customer base for the thousands of hours work they do.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  13. grumypop51

I don't think any of us expect a company to be doing stuff for nothing. That is an absurd assertion. What we do want however, is a fair go. Bugs in routes we already own (given the money we have laid out for them), we do not want old locos we have previously purchased redecorated in new liveries and peddled off as something new. Nor do we wish to be told that if only we purchase the next big thing, all our bugs will be fixed. Granted, your previous post about new players wishing to expand a new game is a worthy suggestion, but as the guy says, this makes a mockery of the whole livery designer thing, does it not? I personally have 42 DLC's in my game now, I've had two versions of the game thus far and as far as I can ascertain, the new version doesn't offer me personally, any incentive to purchase it. Now any way one looks at it, that is a considerable outlay on my behalf. Reworked locos and added on routes plus a few shiny things in TSW3, all of which could have been done in TSW2 and I'd have happily paid for that, but as it is.....no. There is a fine line between good product at reasonable prices against reworked stuff for lining the pockets. So, finally, I don't believe I am an idiot, nor do I require an 'idiot's guide' to commerce, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

i think it's more a "how much money can we get for the least amount of work"

• Like Like x 2
  15. redrev1917

Congratulations, youve finally worked out how every business in the world works....

• Like Like x 6
  16. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

Very sad how many people support companies who have this ethos. The resignation and acceptance of this is the exact reason we have the poor system we have.

The whole point of free markets is that capital can be allocated to those who deserve it most. But if people just act like doormats then this doesn't work.

I.e. if two companies make a similar product but one is more useful, better value for the price charged then everyone should buy that one and the other company would be forced to up it's game.

Vote with your wallet as well as calling it out and don't be another useful idiot.

• Like Like x 3
  17. redrev1917

Everyone has different spending limits and varying demands. If this whatever it it turns out to be at whatever price thats charged for it, doesnt match your budget/needs then dont buy it, that doesnt make it poor value for money for someone else or a cash grab by the company.

Quite frankly how we are having people criticising DTG and saying that this is a rip off/poor value for money when we've little idea what it contains or the price point that DTG deem its worth is beyond my comprehension.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

totally agree DTG need some competition. Was on the verge of going back to Trainz ( I really like the editor) until I saw the ludicrous subscription, so thats them out

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

Enabled the F7 services by using Clinchfield stock as placeholder. Here's what you get for service mode. unknown.png unknown-407.png

20. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

Things like the timetable have also been enabled

RHTTservice.png

As seen in pre-release screenshots we also have ingame files for the heavily weather class 66 which would go nicely with the RHTT.

21. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

You don't have to use their subscription service - you can buy Trainz 22 as a one off purchase from N3V or Steam. Drawback is, still quite expensive at present (£55) but almost certain to get a discount in the forthcoming seasonal sales, which is what I'm holding out for.

Trainz 19 is still perfectly serviceable and can currently be picked up on Steam for around £30, though again keep an eye out for sales.

As regards the possible forthcoming Expansion Pack, well nothing really there for me. I would rather have seen a Class 56 for TVL or some vintage EMU's for BML, ECW et al rather than reskins and new timetable layers for the three modern TSW3 routes. Now a Black Five or a BR Standard tank loco for SoS might have tickled my interest too but as it stands, got to see this as a bit of a low hanging fruit cash grab on top of the rather flawed TSW3 release.

• Like Like x 2