Ps4 Be Aware Of Bad Performance

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by fabienlimp95, Sep 8, 2022.

1. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

If you still playing on a PS4 DO NOT purchase TSW3. It is an absolute letdown with its performance that is worse that what you got in TSW2. As DTG did not any showcases on Gen8 Consoles (Which they did promise (yeah haha)) please take this honest opinion.

With the amount of players already switched to TSW3 it's sad but DTG have no reason to up their game and fix things that broke the game well over a year ago. So this journey will continue like it did the last year or even longer.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Pipe

Pipe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the warning! I´d suspect this already, following very closely the forum before I decide. Hell, even PS5 seems to struggle here and there.
    It´s also the reason why I´m hammering the "fix-TSW2-bugs-as-you-promissed" key. (Yeah, FWIW)

• Like Like x 1
  3. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

That's a shame to hear. If so they should have let go of gen8 for this release. TSW3 does perform like you would expect this game to perform on gen8 whilst playing it on gen9. To me TSW3 doesn't feel like TSW3 but like the patch we should have gotten all along on TSW2. The experience I get now on gen9 is the experience I expected on gen8. It still doesn't look like a gen9 game.

• Like Like x 5
  4. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Stop spreading fake news without any proof. For me personally, performance is similar if not better than TSW2. Only time framerates really dip is at the stations on Kassel-Würzburg, but it’s still perfectly playable. Telling people to not buy the game on PS4 while tons of players are having a good time with the game on that platform is lousy.

• Like Like x 7
  5. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Ok I am playing it on a PS4 Pro TBH its not that bad it stutters quite a lot but it is certainly playable

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. bassman612

bassman612 Member

I agree. It performs the same or better than TSW2, especially on my older routes. The worst areas for me are the stations on SKW and inside the tunnels on SEHS (I don't know why, there's not much to see in those).

8. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

You can call it fake news like you want it but my experience is worse than TSW2. I've started a Freight Service on SEHS from Hoo Junction to Dartford. Stuttering all the Way (TSW2 did handle the fully loaded freight train way better!)

The same at St Pancreas Station. Stuttering like I've never seen it on TSW2. Away on the route there are significant drops in framerate. I first thought it was because another train but there was nothing in the route/ nothing particular which I could see.

Kassel-Würzburg in a whole is performing pretty bad. (And this is particular sad because the Route itself und the ICE1 are fantastic Imo. But that's not the point of this thread).

From what I could experienced :
    -Dynamic weather seems to hurt the performance significantly

-cloudy weather (with less shadows) seems to run better than sunny weather with lots of Shadows (nothing new for me as it's the same as London Commuter)

10. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

It’s not fake news if that’s what the original poster is genuinely experiencing. You can either agree or disagree with the OP but it’s the OP’s right to report his / her findings and to maybe suggest people don’t buy TSW3 on PS4 if that’s what they honestly feel.

I myself had a rant yesterday about my initial experiences with TS3 on PS4. Maybe I was just unlucky and next time I play TSW3 things will improve and look up for me but tbh yesterday I wasted quite a huge amount of time on TSW3 and got nowhere really fast so I ended up going back to TSW2 and ended up having a bit of fun actually being able to play the game

I admitted in my rant thread I’d maybe prejudged TSW3 to early out of pure frustration but at the end of the day my first experience of TSW3 was my first experience of it. Take that in any way you want. If I subsequently have better experiences with TSW3 I’ll be the first to say I have as will the OP of this thread I should imagine

At the end of the day FIRST impressions count whether you agree with them or not.

• Like Like x 1
  11. hypospray

hypospray Active Member

Tbh, l think users with gen8 consoles maybe expect a little bit to much from the sim nowdays.
    I own both consoles, a Series X and a One X so im able to compare it directly. In comparisation the gen8 is a lot worse then the gen9 when it comes to texture streaming, loading times and general performance.

I can understand why DTG don't want to drop the support for gen8 consoles (yet), as a lot potential customers still use it, due availability and price tag. But I think they maybe promise a bit to much and beeing very optimistic on how it will actually perform on this 10 year old consoles. Alone the fact that they use mechanical hard drives guarantees a lot of issues with blurry textures, pop ins, stutter while loading and so on.

More and more new game relase dropping support the gen8 meanwhile. Cyberpunks new upcoming content DLC drops gen8 for example.
    Therefore i give DTG a thumbs up for still making TSW accessible on the gen8.
    It's for sure unfortunate for the people who still can't swap over to a gen9 console, but people need to be realistic with their expectations when it comes to games beeing optimized and / or accept noticeable downgrades on graphic and performance to remain in a playable state for a decade old hardware.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  12. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

And yet GT7 is available for both PS4 and PS5 and the people who buy it on PS4 still get a pretty amazing experience. Ok they don’t get the hepatic feed back through the controller, trees in the landscape might be fewer, load times slightly longer, and the graphic quality only SLIGHTLY inferior etc. but GT7 still actually works on PS4 pretty smoothly and seamlessly without the frustrations TSW causes older gen console players ( I assume it’s the same on the XBox platform ) Yes. GT7 is a different game from TSW but it’s clear the developers of GT7 really do know what they are doing. GT7 works slickly and smoothly even on PS4, we can’t say that about TSW hence the frustrations and dissatisfaction even when taking into account DTG are a smaller developer but a developer who still charge BIG prices for their dlc’s.

If your going to make the decision to straddle all these different platforms and different gen consoles yet charge big prices you have to be confident your going to deliver a satisfactory experience on every platform and gen console your covering, either that or at the very least drop your prices for the older gen to a level that reflects the experience players on the older gen console is getting.

That's how it works. No excuses.

• Like Like x 1
  13. docsnyder1911

docsnyder1911 Well-Known Member

The performance in TSW3 is the same like on TSW2 and TSW2020. There are game crashes on all 3 games. Same with the stuttering. But it isn't everytime at every place. Otherwise I wouldn't play the game since more than 4 years on my base PS4 and my base Xbox One.

14. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I would say it plays on PS4 the same as TSW2 did. Not perfect, but I can live with the occasional pause. The addition of the dynamic weather and the improved UI has made it a worthwhile purchase in my opinion.

15. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

I guess amazing experience is all relative but wasn’t gran turismo 7 getting roasted in all types of forums for everything from server outages, micro transactions, poor ps4 performance, sub par career mode, etc not too long ago?

16. darylb88

darylb88 Member

I have been debating picking this game up for my PS4 pro but feel very conflicted based on the views. What I will see is that I am sensitve to unstable fps. I'll take a stable 30fps all day long but I am unsure if TSW 3 is uncapped fps like TSW 2

17. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I’m playing on Xbox One X (i.e. Gen 8) and while there are some minor performance issues on the new routes, this was only as I expected and overall the game plays well. I have the settings at 1080p rather than 4K but I don’t think that affects the overall experience much. Maybe an “in between” setting e.g. 1440 would be good though.

Oh, and if anyone has seen my rants about not buying it until the save game is restored, I’m on Game Pass and will buy it as soon as it is.

18. dudders

dudders Well-Known Member

Not much better on ps5 im afraid lots of stutter. I don't think dtg really care just keep taking the money and I'm stupid enough to keep giving it