Can We Have Headlights Added To Diesels Please?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrLethaface, Sep 10, 2022.

1. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

Hello.
    If anybody from DTG reads this, would it please be possible to have versions of the class 20, 31 and 47 released with a headlight so that they could be realistically used with more modern day scenario's and livery's please? Surely that is not too much to ask?

Thanks.
    Terrone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Good call.

• Like Like x 1
  3. dorsetgeorge

dorsetgeorge New Member

I'm pretty sure they said they can't do anything with the old locos from the original game - e.g. the ones you just mentioned, the HST, 166, and the list goes on - so yes, it is too much to ask

4. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

I'm sorry, but I am not buying for a single second that a headlight can't be added to a locomotive within an existing sim, so until I hear it from someone at DTG............

5. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I mean, that's how the locomotives are in real life and how they were according to when the route was set in. They aren't going to add headlights back in. They aren't going to remake a loco just to add a headlight in. There's just more gamebreaking stuff to focus on and new content to make

• Like Like x 1
  6. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

So what exactly is "gamebreaking" TSW 3 at the moment then?? I know that is exactly how the locos were for the era that the route is set in, I am 45 years of age and remember the era well. Maybe I don't fully understand, but unless DTG, or whoever made those locos have lost or deleted the source files, then I know enough to know that making a "new" locomotive just to add a headlight wouldn't be needed. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, and I sincerely apologise if I do, but I have asked what I thought was a simple enough question in the "suggestions thread" yet people, who lets be honest don't really know whether or not it can be done are chipping in with an "answer". I realise now that I should have just messaged DTG directly, so that is what I will now do. Thank you for your input.

7. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

No no. You weren't disrespectful in any way. For the most part, they will say no plans or they won't change something for a while. I can still tag Matt about it. TrainSim-Matt your answer?

8. MrLethaface

MrLethaface Member

Thank you, I know they will probably say no, but I suppose if you don't ask ‍♂️. Watch this space I guess.

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG are not known for doing multiple versions or liveries of trains UNLESS they're for specific routes, so I can only see this happening if there's a more modern route which uses those trains and then we might get a new version with different headlights.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

No plans.

Once you add a modern headlight on, you need to do all the other changes to represent the modern version too, and it spirals - it's not a 5 minute job. If we just randomly released an old loco with a big modern headlight on the front people would look at us funny and ask what we're drinking :)

Matt.