Train Doors

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Jasonic, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

I am not sure how many trains this applies to as not checked yet but on the 465 when opening doors at the platform they release the other side as well. I have also noticed that using the door buttons in the cab(in the 375/377 as well) you can either open or release doors, this does not work correctly as the doors all open regardless.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

That's not very good... Wrong side failure, withdraw the fleet!

3. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

What platform are you on and how are you opening the doors?

4. Veryfatbloke

Veryfatbloke Member

Just to follow up, I ran service 2D28, to Dartford from Gravesend and I could not replicate being able to open the doors on both sides unless I either pressed Y and U separately on the keyboard or pressed release all in the cab, both on the right hand side and left hand side of the driving console. No one action opened both sides.

I'm on PC Steam.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. aeronautic237

aeronautic237 Well-Known Member

I think they mean you can open locked doors - unfortunately that is just part of TSW. I know it says "Release," but in game it means open. I don't know why they made it like that (apart from slam door stock and the 72 stock).
    I believe it has been in the game since day one (although watching a Moleman video leads me to believe it was worse in the original TSW!)

TL;DR, I think the OP is... unimpressed with the ability to open locked passenger doors on a stationary train.

6. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

So with your train(non slam door) when you open/release the doors platform side if you then leave the cab and go back in the carriage you can click and open any door on the non platform side, also with AI trains you can do the same. On the platform when an AI train shut its doors I then clicked on a door to open it as the train drove away. I am presuming there is no interlocking modelled in TSW.

7. OldVern

I think that is correct Jason. In fact I would imagine if you go to external view when the train is in motion and click on a power operated door, not only will it open but I bet you won't lose power either. Certainly on the BML 387's and the 465 on SEHS I have run with the cab door wide open and been able to release the brakes and take power.

And of course the long standing gripe of mine is still present - if you stop with part of the train off the platform (slam and POD) all the doors still open.

8. Jasonic

Jasonic Member

Not very realistic is it then Vern. I would also love to see an AI guard so that you can drive non doo trains realistically as well but not holding out much hope for that as been waiting for years.

• Like Like x 1
  9. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

One of my grips as well, that and the fact that dwell time at the station doesnt increase. Even MSTS had increased dwell time if you didnt spot your train correctly IIRC.

10. sedevan

sedevan Member

You can run the Javelin with open cab doors too in motion.
    I thought there were new traction motor sounds for that for the new release but then I realized I had the cab door open most of the journey.

11. OldVern

That was also the case in TSW2.

Although it's useful to boost the otherwise lacklustre sound, probably not realistic whatsoever.