Derailment Due To Game Failure

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Angry_CJ, Sep 7, 2022.

1. Angry_CJ

Angry_CJ New Member

Hello,
    it has happened to me now for the 2nd time that I was driving normally, according to all the rules and suddenly there is a thick jerk and my train flies through the air and accordingly derailed. This has happened to me now with the 185 from Railpool on the Tharanter ramp and with the 185 from DB on the high-speed lines Würzburg - Kassel

• Like Like x 2
  2. DontPetMyGoat

DontPetMyGoat New Member

Happened to me twice as well. To combat it I have to drive around 60km/h even though the speed limit is 250+ km/h. It makes the game painfully slow.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

Happens to me occasionally, nearly always when using AFB on German lines.

• Like Like x 1
  4. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. arek#2842

arek#2842 Well-Known Member

I think those random derailments are related with the fix for derailments in SoS DTG has introduced some time ago. Fixed it in SoS, broke it everywhere else.

• Like Like x 4
  6. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

(PS4)
    Exactly what happend to me aswell. Same Services and locos aswell. Only that my derailment on Tharandter Rampe happend to me on TSW2 some days before I purchased TSW3. Without any warning the train catapulted itself from the rails.

I have the feel that this is related to the detailment issues when SOS was released and then the physics of the wagons were tweaked so it won't happen on SOS. That 'fix' caused instant derailments with long freight trains on German routes when spawning.

Think this will be a problem throughout all plattforms.

Edit: just want to pointed out that I wasn't using AFB when I crashed in Tharandter Rampe, but was using AFB on Kassel-Würzburg. Don't think it's an AFB problem though.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

I've had this problem on many routes too.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

I've had a couple of these lately in TSW2.
    Whereupon I just restored the saves I had made, in one case less than a minute earlier, and completed the services with no problems.
    Makes you think.

9. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

…that’s ridiculous- not getting what you expected, what you actually paid for, out of a route due to another issue in DTG’s code. Everybody has to expect at least some bugs/issues to slip through on the initial release of any code, I think most people get that (I certainly get that). But far too much still seems to slip through the cracks on the release of larger updates- I certainly saw it on the release of TSW2 and now see it again on the release of TSW3… not much has changed with them, sadly.

I’d keep fighting for a fix on this issue- you’re entitled to one!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. YASUKE

YASUKE Active Member

It happened to me as well on DCZ at Dresden Plauen after nearly one hour of driving and KSW also after one hour of driving… the RP BR185 is a menace