Confused

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Sep 6, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So I checked my PS5 TSW 3 game install and it states that its size is 69.96 gig that's with everything that was released today for the PS5 installed. The original size was about 25 gig (incl the 3 routes) so does this mean I still have about 25 (say 24 gig to be on the safe side) free for DLC? In theory that should take my total game size limit to about 94 / 95 gig?

TrainSim-Matt DTG JD would that make sense?

Regards
    Hentis

2. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

I doubt it. The initial 3 routes were about 22gb which counts towards the PS5 dlc limit. I think TSW3 core was only a few gig as only the training centre was core. I would say you are very close to maxing out

Edit. Just calculated today's download. It's 44gb. I would say if you have everything you are going to have to delete a route (still downloading last few routes so will be able to tell shortly)

Edit 2. Looks like everything is there. Not sure how the 64gb limit works. I wonder if it can break the 64gb limit if you have just less than 64gb when the final dlc is downloaded

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  3. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah the 3 TSW 3 routes are not part of the core.

The 64GB limit is literally everything you download on top of the base game.

So Cajon Pass, SEHS & Kassel are all DLC.

4. antony.henley

So as for a double check I downloaded 13 routesm yesterday and have 13 installed on the PS5 and the size does come in at 69.96gb all. I have checked and double checked everything is in and working as intended. So erm yeah. Anybody else have this?

Hentis

5. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Are the 13 routes coming to 69GB, or is the 69GB your total install size?

6. antony.henley

69gb total install size.

7. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah the total install can be over 64GB.

So say the core of TSW 2 is 20 GB, you would be allowed upto 84GB (core + 64GB DLC).

I’m not sure what the size of TSW 3’s core is, but you can add 64GB on top of that.

8. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

The DLC is limited to 64GB. The core game has no limitation. One solution DTG looked at and quickly dismissed (I believe Matt said), was to include all the DLC in the core and use keys to unlock the content once DLC was purchased. However, that would mean every single person downloading every single DLC even if not owned.

9. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I mean that’s the most failsafe solution to the issue.

How confident can we be in DTG for their solution to work?

One thing that I wonder, is what if you were to play a route which would require 64GB+ worth of routes to layer? It sounds extreme, but if you download most of the German content you’re at the limit, and pretty much every DE DLC adds a layer or sub somewhere.

I hope that DTG continue to work on modernising their content storage, size & usage, one thing that irks me is that MSB is still required for 146 layers on basically every route, it’s time to let that one go.

I wonder what the logistics of separating locos and routes are, ie when you buy a DLC, the route & loco are separate downloads, could this work with the new separation system? Then when the game is looking for rolling stock, it can use any iteration of a 146/66/Dosto’s.

10. antony.henley

It is something they are working towards doing. Where the loco included on a DLC route is no longer dependant on the said route. This is where for instance on the off chance they release a class 56 for Tees Valley (if only) from what I gather it wont be dependant on Tees valley to be installed for you to use it (or it layers in on other UK routes). It will possibly mean the route dependency is listed as the training center. Everyone has the training center that came with the core game. So in theory if its dependant on the training center then everyone who buys it who does not have Tees Valley installed will be able to use it. Hence this is why all the new training /Tutorials are mostly or all done at the training center :)

Hentis

11. kobo

kobo Active Member

one thing that really bugs me is the multiple versions of the same loco. i had hoped by now that DTG would stop duplicating the same loco over and over again. i know the german locos are the most notorious for this, but do we really need 6 versions of the same loco? it's overkill i think.

• Like Like x 1
  12. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I am interested to see what happens tomorrow as I currently have all of last week’s DLC installed (15 routes) and nothing missing. I am so very fed up with the PS5 limit and have decided to try and install everything tomorrow and see what disappears and what layers we get

13. Lenwigg

Lenwigg Well-Known Member

I think you will find it will be Tuesday, not tomorrow

14. antony.henley

Well the DB BR101, DB BR363, DB BR204, Class 313 & class 20 wont show if you download them as you will still require the original routes to run them. Seeing as they are all TSW 2020 based routes, you will have to wait till September 20th at the earliest to use them, even if by some miracle we do get the DLC manager.

Personally (as I own all the DLC) for me I will attempt to only download the DB G6 Shunter, London Brighton, Dresden Riesa, Hamburg Lubeck, DB BR187, LGV Mediterranee and Munchen Augsburg.
    I will be removing Penn Corridor, Island Line 2022, Tharandter Ramp, Oakville (possibly), Luzern-Sursee and Long Island Railroad.

Hentis