Xbox Tsw3 X Box Achievements

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cspencer553.cs, Sep 2, 2022.

1. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

has anyone else just unlocked 8 achievements for completing there first passenger service lol
    Im on series s

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dejin

Dejin New Member

Yes, I think if you imported a profile from TSW2 that’s working as intended. I immediately unlocked all the mileage and driver level achievements due to previous mileage and driver levels earned on TSW2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. cspencer553.cs

cspencer553.cs Member

thats great news thank you so much i have not found a problem so far loving it :)

4. Ben_Clayton

Ben_Clayton New Member

I wonder if the same thing will happen when all the old DLC transfer over

• Like Like x 2
  5. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

I’m also wondering if it will work in reverse - so if for example I am playing East Coastway on TSW3 and it does something that would get me an achievement on TSW2 eg the achievement for loading XXX freight wagons, would that older route achievement for TSW/TSW2 then pop if I booted the older game up?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  6. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

If you want everything done in both games, you'll need to do it all in TSW2 first and then import your profile. I don't think most players will go back to TSW2 once they have TSW3 so importing data back to an older game isn't practical.

• Like Like x 1
  7. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Well-Known Member

Hmm, I thought auto-granting achievements was in violation of one of Microsoft's many, many policies.
    I seem to recall someone (it may have been Xitilion but feel free to quote me differently) getting in to trouble with big brother over adding an extra 1000g in an update and then having to remove it because the bulk of them were auto-granted if you'd already played. Not exactly the same scenario as that of TSW3...but disturbingly similar!

Besides, who on earth would actually want to be given free (or insanely easy) achievements in a £50 game?

• Like Like x 1
  8. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

If importing your profile unlocks all achievements earned in TSW 2 then what's the point of using TSW2 DLC for layers? I'm not going to waste precious drive space installing TVL or LGV just so I can have layers on other routes because it's a pointless waste of drive space.

9. hells.high.lord666

Not actually sure about that as I know that GTA 5 did it when the current gen version launched. Not sure if it was a glitch or not but know it worked coz it happened to me when I imported my social club profile.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pinxtonpaws

That's a fair point - but they were two identical games and if memory serves me correct it was only achievements earned from the main campaign that would no longer have been doable with a profile transfer (it equated to 135g for me) that carried over into the XB1 remaster. TSW3 on the other hand is giving achievements earned for progress in an entirely different game and whilst that's great for anyone who can't be bothered earning them fair and square, it kind of removes an element of longevity for those who prefer not to have them gifted.
    I did speak to a friend who'd made a day 1 purchase and he informed me that with auto-granted achievements and 30 mins gameplay he amassed a gamerscore of 610g, which for a £50 game is a really poor showing.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  11. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

It's generally standard practice and considered good form on the part of the developer, if a new version of a game with the same achievement set and which you have to pay twice for comes out. (For example, 360->One->Series - notably Smart Delivery titles just share the achievement set between the versions rather than having distinct platform-based lists) Especially when it comes to ones with significant time/grind investment or which would require a full campaign replay when someone may have hundreds of hours sunk into the post-story endgame. However, if a new game has a different set of achievements but allows importing of your profile from the previous game, the achievement progress is often tied to the save file, and thus any new achievements for time played, or number of x accomplished will auto-register the moment you import the profile too. This tends to be a limited selection, where there is overlap.

In TSW3's case, because the achievements are designed by DTG with the same philosophy as cheap achievement farming titles that let you 100% them in 30 minutes of play, this means that a TSW2 profile with minimal time spent on it will likely unlock half the TSW3 ones automatically because they require so little to unlock.

• Like Like x 2
  12. pinxtonpaws

I'm not quite sure of your point but at the end of the day we're talking about two completely different games where one is feeding the other for achievement progress - something which is completely different from identical games that have been brought forward thru various formats and therefore share a list of achievements. Besides, I played Borderlands way back in the X360 days and when it was brought forward to XB1 (via back compat) I didn't get all those achievements again, I had to wait till my current progress caught up with my previous one before they started working. It's a "one game, one set of achievements"...and TSW3 should be no different regardless of how easy/hard they are.

Going forward, how would you feel if every game adopted a policy whereby if you'd played a previous version then you were auto-granted achievements based on progress? From my standpoint, not only does it make a mockery of the whole achievement process (which is designed to reward for something you do, not something you've done before), it's bordering on giving games no achievements whatsoever.
    It's important to remember that people like myself get a great deal out of earning achievements because (in the case of TSW) there's a huge immersive difference in driving a train for a specific reason than driving a train just for the sake of it. Sure, you don't get that in one of those crappy £4.99 games that are specifically designed as throwaway 1000g titles but for a £50 game, although it's not a god-given right, you do (and have come to) expect a certain degree of longevity to justify your investment.

This is the first AAA priced game that (progress porting or otherwise) I know of which has introduced a throwaway element into achievement progress - and if it's a casual gamer/gamepass thing specifically implemented in order to sell more addons with equally as easy achievements then I really do sympathise with DTG for having to exploit those particular gamers in order to make a fast buck.
    Whatever the intention, you may be able to condone this new approach....I simply cannot.

13. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

If people are only playing these games purely for getting achievements then in my honest opinion their playing for all the wrong reasons, surely it should be for the love or interest in railways or trains, with getting achievements a side bonus not the main drive to play said games........

• Like Like x 4
  14. Princess Entrapta

There's a very simple way not to in TSW3 (And just about every game which offers this as an option). Start a new profile, instead of importing all your TSW2 progress.
    If you want to do it all over again and get a feeling of accomplishment, you are free to.
    Don't come complaining back here though, when you've got all the distance driven achievements within seven timetable runs.

• Like Like x 2
  15. pinxtonpaws

I've already expressed my despair at those stupidly easy achievements..but hey, it is what it is and no amount of condemnation will change that..today, tomorrow or the next day. I just hope that when I port my existing content into TSW3 I'm not met with another wall of pre-done achievements because that would be beyond forgivable.

16. krustynuggets

krustynuggets Well-Known Member

Well I think this game is going to give you a huge amount of what you don't want, probably going to feel like the game's given you a brutal slapping session on both your cheeks and to add insult to injury stolen your lunch money too........

• Like Like x 1
  17. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

No. JD says once you transfer your profile you can't go back to TSW2 to update it again in TSW3

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Will the achievements for Cajon Pass, Southeastern and Kassel Wurzburg be visible at launch? The TSW2 routes also?

Edit: 173 achievements totalling 3650 G now.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2022
  19. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

No, there are no “wrong” or “right” reasons. You play for your reasons, I’ll play for mine thank you very much.

• Like Like x 9
  20. Princess Entrapta

The transfer is one way. TSW3 imports your profile and unlocks anything already unlocked in TSW2.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. RustyBucket21

RustyBucket21 New Member

My TSW 3 is only showing 14 achievements on the list, according to DTG this should have been fixed in todays patch

22. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Unlocked a few route achievements. I could only unlock the route tasks achievements if I had some left to do on the route.

23. Willowrpe

Willowrpe Well-Known Member

this is my fear if route tasks are already done you cant then re do them on TSW3 unless you start a new profile and do it all again

• Like Like x 1
  24. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

I was hoping the achievements would unlock for the routes when I started TSW3 again but looks like I have redo the scenarios and milage

25. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Distance should unlock once you get in the loco. Scenarios maybe require a new profile (I will try replaying one on my main first).

26. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

So far I had about 750 Xbox achievement points from TSW3 today, most were automatic as soon as I booted the game up

one I got for driving so many miles, just from sitting in a chair

27. Willowrpe

well I retried a scenario I had already done it does not unlock the all scenarios done if all 5 or how many are also done so looks like a new profile is needed.

I have come to the conclusion that for the scenario achievements and route collectables if you have already done them in TSW2 and imported save do them again on a new profile

IF you still have scenarios or route tasks left to do in TSW2 leave a few route tasks before you port your profile over to enable you to pick them up quickly in TSW3

plus the 465 intro achievement does not unlock either on PS5 or Xbox series X tried it a few times. I tried that in the training section I will see if it works in the journeys mode

• Like Like x 1
  28. kierlakair#8649

kierlakair#8649 New Member

Route tasks from other DLCs are all stuck at 15 under routes tab. The developer said that all TSW2 achievements should unlock once you play a route. Let's wait little bit for update and I will try again, hopefully achievements will unlock, routes tasks/scenarios etc. TSW3 achievements base game are ok, most of them unlocked automatically apart from scenario/livery editor and complete a set of route tasks...

29. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

If DTG are going to offer transfer progression and then all the achievements must automatically unlock. Just like how Rockstar does it with GTA transfer progression.

At its current state transferring progression is not worth doing. Collectibles aren't even registering in the menu. Achievements aren't unlocking properly.

30. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

It was all achievements that was from Xbox 360 to Xbox one to Xbox series consoles. Because your transferring progression. Epic games does one better with fornite your progression is the same if you play on a PS5 and Xbox.

31. hells.high.lord666

If you need to start a new profile to unlock some achievements then DTG have really screwed the pooch with this! There's no point porting your profile over if you're having to do everything again for some achievements but not others!

• Like Like x 1
  32. kierlakair#8649

Training centre, total tasks completed: mine is now at 16 (it was 15 befor, just done all tasks in the Training Centre) on all routes BUT it looks like I did 16 different ones across all my DLCs: e.g maps on LIRR will count as one, monitors on Bakerloo Line will count as another one, etc.

Looks like the counter is off in a way...

Attached Files:

33. kierlakair#8649

Btw: just got 1000G on TSW3, did training on class 465, achievement did not unlock.

At the end of the day I don't care, the game is about driving trains, enjoying routes/scenery etc.

Nice round 1000G will do for me

• Like Like x 1
  34. Willowrpe

yes 465 training achievement did not unlock for me either and also not on PS5

• Like Like x 1
  35. pinxtonpaws

Yeah, I've also discovered that there's no point whatsoever porting an existing profile over until the achievements are cleared.

Some points for anyone who has already ported their TSW2 info but wants to create a new profile to chase down achievements:

Your XBox (and trueachievements if you're registered) stats will reset to that of your new profile whilst it's in use, but each time you return to your ported TSW2 profile two things happen:
    (1) Miles driven will revert back to your original total after 1 mile.
    (2) Driver level, however, was a bit more of a problem. I needed 8000 points to trigger the next level increase but no matter how many low scoring services I did the progress bar seemed to be stuck mid way between level 1,080/1,081 and it was only by chance I discovered that by doing a service which exceeded the required 8000pts, things started working as they should. From there onwards all was ok.

Alternatively, if you decide to stick to your TSW2 profile then providing you've already done them:

All distance achievements (drive xx miles) auto unlock as you use each train. The only exception is the BR182 (1,820km I think) which seems to be broken.

Achievements that require a specific number (40 boarding tasks, route level 20, 100 services etc etc) also unlock but it appears that you have to complete the service which is linked to the achievement you're attempting before it triggers. Example: You can't load Boston Sprinter (to re-trigger route level 20), do a 500pt task and then quit back to the menu...the service you start has to be driven to a conclusion. The quickest way to do this is to get some points and reverse the train into a red signal (to trigger the 'failed' screen) at the first opportunity or uncouple a loco ('derailed') whilst it's moving.

Scenario, introduction and tutorial achievements do not work without starting a new profile - and even then, some still don't work!

Route collectables...no idea, I'm not interested in them.

....and if that's not a messy enough situation there's also a whole bunch of 'lazy' achievements to keep you on your toes as well, so even if you successfully complete one you've got no idea it has worked until it randomly pops up at a later time.

So yeah, top marks on the old quality control, DTG!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  36. redgiggsy

redgiggsy New Member

I imported my TSW2 Profile, but all my TSW2 Achievements didn,t port, so I started a new profile in TSW3.
    While doing a scenario on TVL I unlocked "Beaming with pride" ( complete all TVL Scenarios)
    Here's the thing .I have never completed all TVL Scenarios in TSW2. or 3

• Like Like x 1
  37. zorbsie#9738

zorbsie#9738 Well-Known Member

The achievement situation is a real bummer. I feel like I should have never imported my profile to TSW3. I started playing on the 2nd. Had all the base achievements by the 3rd. But the DLC achievements that came on the 6th are all a crap shoot. Some worked and others don't. It's just such a mess. I think it's great that they got profile transfer in before launch, but I think they didn't have enough time to test it's implementation into the game. Going to go for the ones I can unlock and hope and pray they can fix the broken achievements.

• Like Like x 1
  38. mbeastall

mbeastall New Member

I'm the same and chose to import my TW2 profile but am holding off setting up a new profile in the hope they eventually sort the achievements out I had already unlocked. However, after reading all the comments on here and across different threads all about broken achievements, I'm not holding out much hope they will get fixed!

• Like Like x 1
  39. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know, if you Transfer your profile, does this automatically transfer your TSW2 achievements. Doing achievements on your xbox earns Microsoft rewards. Does doing this spoil your chances of earning more points.If so, is it then better to add another profile. Does this mean you can do an achievement in different profiles and earn points from both?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022