Out Now: Train Sim World: Ruhr Sieg Nord

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Luke, Oct 9, 2018.

1. TrainSim-Luke

TrainSim-Luke Well-Known Member

Train Sim World: Ruhr Sieg Nord is available now on Playstation 4!

Deep valleys, tight curves and picturesque vistas are yours to experience in Train Sim World: Ruhr-Sieg Nord, bringing one of Germany’s oldest railways to life. Operate your trains over the historic rails of the Ruhr Valley and keep to the precise timetable
    Take control of two icons of German electric motive power, the DB BR 185.2 freight locomotive and the DB BR 143 mixed traffic locomotive. Featuring an authentic AC Electric simulation underpinned with expert technical knowledge and real-world data, the performance, sounds and feel has been accurately reproduced to make them feel just like the real thing.
    Train Sim World®: Ruhr-Sieg Nord caters for players of all ability levels with accessible tutorials for beginners and advanced procedures for experts. Whether you're looking to get started driving trains or refreshing your expert knowledge, Train Sim World has it covered. Feel the detail as you step into the cab, take control then live out your dreams exploring the highly detailed and immersive environment in Ruhr-Sieg Nord!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ali D

Ali D Member

Have to say first impressions are good , Really nice route , tunnels behave themselves unlike NEC route .. seems to be more traffic ect and general stuff to look at .. be awesome if the other routes could be tweaked with extra content ,passengers, trains scenery ect oh n pls can we have some life at level crossings haha . Still trying to get my head around pzb though!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Patrick Kolinski

Patrick Kolinski Active Member

Fix the prices!!!!! guys! we will not pay so much money!

• Like Like x 7
  4. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod Member

Best part of $50? Kidding, right? Ridiculous and outrageous pricing.

• Like Like x 4
  5. BdB1982

BdB1982 New Member

I bought the game TSW but suddenly I have to pay for updates. Strange, with other PS4 games you get free updates. I bought the update once for that West Somerset. I thought that was a lot of money and now again with the new update ????? I am not crazy, I think it is hypocritical. Making a game to sell and then to keep the game fun, the players have to pay money every time for an update. I'm done with this game. Sell that mess.

6. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Updates like Patches and core game updates are free. Of course you have to buy Addons like new Routes.
    A Simulator like that is designed to have a lot of Addon Routes in the future, from which you pick and only buy the ones you like.
    Almost every other game on the market has paid DLC aswell. Such DLC is important and crucial for a nieche game like TSW to keep the Development going.

7. pdxmark77

pdxmark77 Active Member

That's how this game is.. they never made it a secret that other routes will be sold separately. Think of the development costs to create a new route, which is why it will never be free.

The beauty of it is that you can buy what you like, and if you don't want it, no one is forcing you to buy it. Each route in itself is like a separate game altogether.

Core game updates to the engine and existing routes will always be free.

8. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Maybe it's just me, but if they want to sell me DLC, I'd expect the base game to be working properly and any DLC to be working, especially when the DLC is £25 a time.

• Like Like x 3
  9. xD 2Bad4You

Thats of course a different thing and i can understand that point. They need to get quicker at bug fixing.

10. Goooner1

Goooner1 Member

Or at the very least give some indication that most of the bugs will be fixed at some point. It all seems very vague on that front from what I've seen and the general consensus seem to be that Dovetail aren't the greatest at patching stuff once it's out. Hopefully that doesn't turn out to be the case, because there's undoubtedly a great game in there somewhere.

• Like Like x 2
  11. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod Member

Does anyone know what the next route will be? I bought the WSR (and honestly I find it boring because it's so slow, I know that's realistic but hey I'm a speed freak) but I won't be buying the Ruhr Sieg Nord. If there was another UK one or even an Australian one I'd definitely consider it.

Also it appears to my newbie eyes that there are several routes developed for the PC versions already, so many development costs can be limited to converting these for PS4 / X-Box compatibility by making them available on the consoles... Am I right? As such, is there a list of routes planned for PS4 release?

• Like Like x 1
  12. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

There are currently only 2 British routes available for TSW on all platforms. All the other British routes you see are for a different game called Train Simulator 2019, which is PC exclusive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. EGTESkyGod

EGTESkyGod Member

OK fair enough... how about the question of what other routes are lined up?

14. Ibanez074

Ibanez074 Member

They don't release that info! All being said about bugs etc RSN is actually the best of the routes and I also prefer UK only usually...

• Like Like x 1
  15. swampnone710

swampnone710 New Member

they would be bright to expand the NEC route... new rochelle to newark airport is NOTHING..they label it as washington d.c. to boston but nothing expands further than NR or EWR

16. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

They word it that way in service mode because in real life no services run just between Newark airport and NR. It’s just the service you are taking over and/or relieving is the Boston to DC service. To my knowledge, I could be wrong, but I don’t think 1 driver drives the full DC to Boston journey in real life either. I think there is a crew change at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  17. RaymoHST

RaymoHST New Member

Am I the only one to have problems on RSN with pop ups (think this is the correct term) where the sleepers change resolution in front of the train. In GWE this is a uniform distance in front of the train so not as noticeable. In RSN a block appears into the distance then you get uniform distance for a while and then another block and repeat. Trees also change colour very abrubtly. It is like something on a PS1.
    This is very offputting and completely ruins the game for me.
    Is this because I do not have a PS4 PRO?

18. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Im not sure about ps4 stuff as Im on pc, but I had some success in improving the visual quality in the area you describe by turning the Effects setting to low or off. I know its counter-intuitive but its all I can suggest Im afraid.

19. xD 2Bad4You

You cant adjust anything like that on a Console. The Visual Settings are "hardcoded".

I´ve reported that behaviour as a bug to DTG because its the same on Xbox. They have done it better on GWE but i doubt they will do anything about it. There´s a Thread about that in the Xbox Section with Staff response aswell:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/rsn-tracks.13244/

20. R62A1973

R62A1973 Active Member

Not sure but crew change points might be NYC PHI or DC