Adding 3. Party Addons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jens peter, Oct 18, 2018.

1. jens peter

jens peter New Member

Hello Noble Trainsimmers ;O)
    I enjoy TS2019 64 bit, after being away from TS some years. I have a lot of (Danish) addons though, i cant find out how to add. them. Normally it would be with the Packetmananger in; Steam>steamaps>common> Packetmanager, but the folder Common is completely empty besides the folder Steamworks shared.
    I have been looking for any clue, but cant find any., and i have been throug the "show hidden file and folders etc" in Window 7, but thats not the problem. So im completely "Off Track" :mad:
    Any help much appreciated
    Take Care / Jens Peter

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Instead of Packetmanager you now use Utilities.exe which is in the \Steam\steamapps\common\railworks folder
    It can install newer files which have .rwp at the end of a file name or it can install older *.rpk packages
    It will open like this - Click on Package Manager
    Utilities 1.jpg

Utilities 2a.jpg
    Use Refresh first to create the list of items then Click on Install for a *.rwp file or use
    Install Legacy Rail Simulator Add-on for a *.rpk file

I also have a number of Danish assets installed from the Railworks Denmark website
    http://www.railworks.dk/

Any questions just ask

Peter

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. jens peter

jens peter New Member

Hello Peter
    Many thanks for the reply. What tricked me was, that Steam is both on my C: drive and with a folder on my D: drive called; SteamLibrary with the subfolder> Commom> and as you describe with the Utilities.exe, and it works. I was not aware of the rwp/rpk difference ;O)
    Take Care
    JP

• Like Like x 1