Collectibles And Achievements

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Sep 6, 2022.

1. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Two things I’ve noticed, not sure if these can be rectified.

• SEHS I have for example 28 of 25 maps as of my last collection ….. not sure how many I need to find now.
    • Tsw3 achievements, one for completing all clinchfield scenarios. These have carried over as complete from tsw2 but the achievements don’t seem to recognise
    • Bit frustrating on some routes I’ve got to slog to level 20 on routes I don’t like. Surprised these didn’t parallel over, the mileage ones too. Only really want to hunt ones I’ve not done before
    Turned into a bit of an achievement hunter

2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I know from a guide there are at least 36 of each collectable on SEHS - but the game menu does not recognise this at all.

3. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

I've got the same issue with achievements! All TVL achievement requirements were completed in TSW2 but none of them have unlocked when I've driven on the route. All of the distance driven achievements unlocked when I started the game and a couple of others have unlocked too but if they aren't going to unlock automatically it's going to be a pain to have to redo the requirements if they aren't going to unlock then. Basically if you port your profile over you're screwed!

4. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

This is such a problem for me the route tasks say 38/20 , 38/60 , 38/75 , 38/100 , 38/40. Yet I know I've completed them from TSW2. And as SEHS extended has new collectibles it doesn't add up together.

I was expecting to automatically get achievements unlocked from the transfer progression.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  5. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

If you cannot unlock achievements, create another profile, do the requirements there and then switch back to your main one. I thought level 20 should unlock automatically once in the route or by going up one more level? For x number of services, finish 1 more. Tutorials and scenarios may have to be done on another profile if already finished. Route tasks should become available to recollect on a new profile (most older routes no longer have these achievements).

Due to the expansion of Southeastern, your imported profile will include the TSW2 count of route tasks. This means you will find more than the total number of route tasks on that route (there is no achievement for them by the way this time).

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

I'm finding I'm unable to unlock any TSW 2 achievements. The only one that carried over was a 465 achievement. This was only an hour after TSW 3 release, I might try again later but I'll be frustrated if a chunk of 600hours on TSW2 has to be redone in TSW 3 on a new profile.

Also I saw that when I check my profile it says the correct level from the TSW2 import but the breakdown of favourite route and train is 0

7. chieflongshin

With the sheer volume of achievements and miles needed this is what I was hoping to avoid. I don't have the time/desire to repeat close to 200hrs (I'd guess) of games play to unlock them all again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

You have to install the content containing your favourite route and train for it to show correctly in your profile screen. So if the Class 377 has the highest level of all your trains, East Coastway or London Commuter being installed will make the favourite train stat display correctly.

I think you'll get the miles achievements without needing to redo all that distance. Those have been unlocking for me a few seconds after I start a service with the train. It does mean installing several DLC but on Xbox, cloud gaming should have them all installed. Service count achievements unlocked by finishing one service.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. chieflongshin

I'll see how I get on . There's a lot of tsw2 content I've not touched for a while so it may start pinging some achievements as I drive them perhaps. I really don't want another 1800km on the Taurus. If so that will be a scenario planner smash up the Kassel line flat out ten times

• Like Like x 2
  10. richtayls

richtayls Well-Known Member

Or just use the high speed loop on the training center, just set up a scenario on main loop 1 and go do something else while your train thinks it’s an indycar racer.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I support this comment. Something needs to be fixed here. For some of the achievements progress is transferred from TSW2, but for others it seems not to be. This is specifically annoying for collectables. Progress is transferred, but you do not get the achievement and you can collect a collectible only once per profile.

If an achievement requires completion of say all scenarios and you already played them all, it is hard to find out which one you are missing for the achievement. I understand why this escaped, DTG people continuously restart their game history for all kinds of testing, so they never come to a nice series of achievements. If DTG policies continue like this, we will have to replay large amounts of all existing content over and over. So a better solution is needed here.

• Like Like x 2
  12. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I'm going to say off the bat this is solely my opinion and not a slight at anyone, we all play TSW our own way and there's no right of wrong way.....

Achievements and collectables are a grind and whilst we see grind in nearly all videogames I just don't understand why. I have enough grinding in my professional life that I don't want to come home and grind on my own time.

Let me play the darn game and run the routes I want to without the need for "collectables", I mean if it was going to unlock some cool stuff I'd still hate it but when it's just a case of collecting stuff for the sake of it, what is the need?

Then we come to achievements, again why the only achievement I want is that I've got from A to B stopping at the correct points at XYZ without overspending and accelerating/braking too hard (which the game doesn't even acknowledge) whilst managing safety systems. Anything else can just jog on.

One thing which did make me chuckle is ChiefLongshin comment (no disrespect intended) about not driving the Taurus another 1800km. It kinda proves my point about the whole achievement thing. DTG gives us a new timetable with 20x 90km runs behind a Taurus and we applude them on a job well done, give us an achievement to drive it 1800 km we'll sigh and complain of the grind.

• Like Like x 2
  13. redrev1917

It appears as soon as you step foot into a loco for the first time on TSW3 it updates the steam acheivements, just been awarded BR101 boss of the bahn achievement as soon as I sat in the 101 (driven for 101km)

14. Fori

Fori New Member

So you get the achievements you've done already in TSW2? Also: Aren't there loads of older achievements missing?

• Like Like x 1
  15. thundergaming11

16. redrev1917

Its more you are getting the new acheivements if you have fullfilled them in either TSW2 (assuming you have imported your progress) or TSW3 (or a combination of both).

For example if you have driven the BR101 over 101km in TSW2 then you will get the TSW3 acheivement for driving it over 101Km as soon as you start a 101 service/scenario in TSW3

If you have driven it 90km in TSW then as soon as you drive a further 11km in TSW3 you'll be award it.

If you have never driven the 101 in TSW2 (or didnt import your progress) then you will only get it if you drive 101Km in TSW3

17. Fori

Fori New Member

Okay. But what about completed scenarios? Does it tick those achievements too?

18. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Needs to be replayed on a new profile if the current profile has them marked as completed. Same for tutorials.

19. Fori

Fori New Member

k. Then I have no reason to import my profile. Achievements are what I care about, not ingame "progress".

Thanks! Too bad this continues to be unsolved. The only gripe I have with them making the game "new" every 2 years.

20. redrev1917

But wouldnt you run out of achievements if they didnt refresh them eery 2 years?

21. Fori

Fori New Member

Well it will take an infinite amount of time since I buy and own every route but I get that point :D

22. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

It seems a bit of a mess?

Yesterday I completed the Class 465 Introduction but Achievement hasn't appeared. Today I've done Training Modules in Class 375, Class 395 (and also the Class 66) but Achievement for completing all SEHS related traction introductions hasn't appeared.

I've just done the "Temporary Contract" scenario on SEHS and the "Class 465: Network Expansion" Achievement has Unlocked... But at the same time "GWB: Moving up a Gear" for completing the GWB Class 101 Introduction HAS Unlocked?! I will have done this at some point in TSW2, but I've not installed Legends of GW as a TSW3 DLC as yet?

23. chieflongshin

It definitely needs remedial action

24. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

Just a small upd
    Just a small update: From Home screen I've selected Choose a Route and SEHS. I noticed Training Modules is shown as 00/03 Modules Complete, so gone in and modules are SEHS Route Introduction, Power Changeover Introduction and High Speed Signals Introduction. So not the traction related introductions but as it says on the tin are modules associated with the SEHS ROUTE Introduction!

25. Kappi701

Kappi701 Active Member

Oh, not again... I'm still collecting trophies on PS5 since I had to restart from zero when walking on from PS4 to PS5, don't want to do again in TSW3...

• Like Like x 1
  26. Fori

Fori New Member

Did you import your profile or create a new one?

27. mbeastall

mbeastall New Member

The same happened to me after completing all the training modules however, no achievement. I did see a comment on True Achievements from someone who said this won't unlock on the Series X as the journey 'Networking' is missing and this is what the achievement is linked to. https://www.trueachievements.com/a369576/cl465-training-complete-achievement.
    I don't know if creating a new profile will make any diffence either as I imported mine from TSW2 and actually, I don't want to and really shouldn't need to for any of the achievements to unlock.

28. Starkiller

Starkiller Well-Known Member

the BR Class 31 Cemented Skill Achievement isnt working , u need to finish 15 Services and ive alot more

and the BR-187 A Long Trip isnt working in TSW 3 like it wasnt working in TSW 2

• Like Like x 2
  29. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

;););)
    DTG and achievements/trophies don’t get along in general. ;););)

30. thundergaming11

31. stimp#5938

stimp#5938 Well-Known Member

Figures…:(:(:(

Here DTG have an achievement!
    upload_2022-9-12_21-4-57.png