Sell Loco's Separately

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by antwerpcentral, Sep 11, 2022.

1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

With TSW3 out and now the "End of Life" stamp for TSW2 routes has been revealed it might be time to shake up the DLC model. I was yesterday in a buying mood and did spend €0 on TSW3 whilst I wanted to buy stuff. I wanted to buy loco's but I had to buy EoL routes to obtain those. I'm not gonna buy any of the EOL routes. I already have some EoL routes installed from TSW2 and just like the routes that had a Preservation stamp in TSW2 I don't play them, even the newer routes from TSW2, as they look outdated compared to TSW3 content. Even the preservation updates done in TSW2 won't make up for the fact that they have become yesteryear products in TSW3.

Earned from me in TSW3 on Game Pass until now: €0

2. trainsUK

trainsUK Member

You don’t need to buy a route to buy a loco dlc

3. antwerpcentral

You need to have HRR for the 101. Or did they finally change that?

4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

All tsw compatible dlc, meaning tsw2 and tsw2020 will have locos tied to routes. They can't do anything about it. Tsw3 allowed them to separate loco from routes, so moving forward in future dlc hopefully they are separated. But it won't happen for legacy content

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. antwerpcentral

And what is the reason they can't untie a loco from a legacy route? I don't see why they can't repackage them as TSW3 DLC

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with loco dlcs requiring the assets in its home route in order to be used. Also it's not really simple as just repackaging it. It took a whole new game and probably took a while to be able to separate future loco dlc from routes.

7. antwerpcentral

So all they need to do is package the loco with it assets from the route. They run fine on other routes so it's not something unfeasible.

8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I think, trains DLCs are now working without home route owned. Which loco exactly are you interested in? I can check this out late afternoon today when I will back home.

9. antwerpcentral

Definitely already the BR 101. Would be great if you don't need HRR anymore for that. I have those on Playstation but I'm playing TSW3 on Xbox.

10. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I will check this in few hours but PC version

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It works without HRR

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

This is great to hear!

• Like Like x 2
  13. antwerpcentral

So if I understand correctly you uninstalled HRR and the BR101 still works?
    DTG JD Can someone from DTG confirm that if I buy the BR 101 without buying HRR the BR101 will work on Xbox in TSW3?

14. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yes, "HRR" .pak was not in the DLC folder, invisible in the game, uninstalled-like

• Like Like x 1
  15. antwerpcentral

That is very good news. A shift in the DLC model

• Like Like x 1
  16. antwerpcentral

TrainSim-Matt can you confirm that in TSW3 you don't need to buy HRR to make use of the 101 on Xbox? The description on the Microsoft Store says otherwise

edit: nevermind. I read in the playstation forum the 101 does not work without HRR in TSW3 on consoles

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
  17. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Any loco DLC's prior to TSW3's release do still require their route in order to function.

One of the key reasons to us bringing Training Center out was to untie the loco DLC's so they can be purchased separately without the need for it - however, now that we've released Training Center we now need to go back and fix the issues that prevent them from being untied, and then untie them.

All locomotive DLC packs released from here on will be untied from any route.

We will go back to previous locomotive DLC packs as we are able and get those untied, there's no timescale on this but it is high on our priority to get done.

Matt.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1