Tsw3 Same Old Underdeveloped Rubbish

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by shhweeet#4292, Sep 9, 2022.

1. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

Well! I took the plunge against my better judgement and bought the TSW3 / SOS Starter pack for £29.99 and I honestly wished I hadn’t bothered. The interface on the main menus and sub menus is so clunky and nowhere near as good or intuitive as as the last version in TSW2. I’ve also tried to do my very first service in the game driving the class 455/9 and lo and behold! immediately encountered my first bug whereby a couple of stations along the timetable I chose to do the train refused to move for no apparent reason even though I did everything right. I’ve tried several times to complete this service and every time the dam train breaks down and decides not to move a couple of stations along.

Honestly who is this DTG company constantly releasing underdeveloped rubbish like this? They are just taking us for fools and taking the proverbial P!!

So! It looks like I’ve wasted a fiver because I’m immediately putting TSW3 on the back burner for the moment and I’m returning to TSW2 where I at least stand half a chance of actually being able to play the game and where I can at least play SOS in it because I got the TSW2 version for free with the TSW3/ SOS starter pack.

I’m not sure at this particular moment in time whether I will ever fire up TSW3 again? I can do without all the stress with regards to the trial and error hassle of it to be honest All I want to do is enjoy driving a few trains for fun it’s not too much to ask is it? Maybe when I’ve calmed down a bit I might decide to once again waste my time starting runs just to have to abandoned them or constantly restart them because of bugs. Or maybe if I read on here the game is more flipping reliable??? I might give it another go. Who knows?

At the moment I’m honestly not feeling like supporting TSW3 by buying any new TSW3 only dlc’s for it and the game itself is just going to be currently taking up hard drive space until I decide I can actually be bothered with it again?

Oh btw I manage to obtain the codes to transfer all my TSW2 disc based core routes into TSW3 from DTG support only to find the codes are to long to enter into the redeem section of the PlayStation store which only allows you to enter 12 digits. So no can do. Dearie me! Only DTG can make playing TSW and transferring everything from TSW2 into TSW3 such hard work.

Edit… Just got the proper length codes through now so I will see if they work?

Edit 2….All worked except East Coastway? Took the code but didn’t give me the download Grrrrrrrr Thought maybe it was because East Coastway isn’t due to be available for TSW3 until the last digital batch later this month but one of the other ones which worked isn’t due digitally until the last batch either bit I got that??? Seriously things shouldn’t be this hard work.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

A lot of hyperbole over precisely two things you experienced, one not even a "bug" and the other probably not a bug

1. The menu supposedly has an issue with current item being grey instead of a more distinguishable colour, but has been noted for a fix. Other than that the new UI has generally been praised by other forumites
    2. Breakdowns are now apparently a thing so not a bug. Follow cold start procedure to get going again (if it occurred in the same place each time, that may be a bug - I thought it was supposed to be random)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. shhweeet#4292

First I’ve heard of breakdowns being a thing? If so I apologise. Can’t help thinking if so that’s a thing they’ve put out to cover possible bugs though! Cynical me? No way ha ha.

As for the new interface maybe I need to get used to it but on first impressions I prefer the TSW2 menus by a country mile.

OK I’ll accept I’ve maybe prejudged it, but past experience with TSW2 kinda make you want to pre judge it if I’m honest.

Now I just need my failed East Coastway code renewed

4. FredElliott

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/random-event-class-66-engine-shutdown.58229 an interesting read

UIs are often a personal preference (case in point, I find Steam non-intuitive in big pic and regular, Xbox UI infuriates me no end, but Switch and PS4/5 generally please me), but for TSW3 specifically I'm looking forward to being able to choose train first instead of route, notwithstanding the 85 different versions of some engines

• Like Like x 1
  5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to tsw3 . Pleased you're enjoying .

• Like Like x 8
  6. acro

acro Active Member

Class 455/9?

• Like Like x 1
  7. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

There's a reason you've not been able to download ECW yet. It's not available.

8. shhweeet#4292

Neither was one of the other ones on my TSW2 Deluxe Edition disc but I got that.

Also these are codes given to those who have the 5 routes they got on the initial TSW2 Deluxe Edition disc when they first got TSW2 so are they tied to the digital roll out problem or separate from it?

9. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Minecraft is the ultimate solution, maybe

• Like Like x 1
  10. shhweeet#4292

Nah GT7 maybe but I really need a PS5. for that so I can experience the hepatic controller function.

• Like Like x 1
  11. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Theoretically, train simulators de-stress me. I understand your distraction.** Regards o7

** if this is not the case... :)

12. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how anybody could say the menus from TSW2 are better than TSW3. Apart from a few niggles here and there (such as identifying multiple copies of the same loco -- something which will be probably resolved via mods on PC)....The TSW3 menus are superior in every way possible

• Like Like x 10
  14. shhweeet#4292

Maybe I just don’t like change. ;)

Dunno why I prefer the TSW2 orange menus tbh? I just find them more intuitive for some reason. Maybe I’ll change my mind about the TSW3 menus with more familiarity?

15. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

not aware of breakdowns been implemented into TSW as of yet

they’ve been talked on before, but to the best of my knowledge they are not there, I’m sure they’re would be at the very least a widely talked about news article if this was a thing

there’s still the debate of how they will be implemented, I don’t think nobody sane wants to do a 2 hour 25mph run for a tree to come smashing down and instant end

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  16. FredElliott

A falling tree isn't a breakdown

Read the thread I linked

17. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I see what you mean now, it’s not what’s generally been discussed which is probably why it fell under the radar

it technically is if it damages a train enough when it falls

18. shhweeet#4292

Update on my East Coastway dlc download problem which I needed to get the code for it from DTG support due to me having it originally on a TSW2 hard disc.

It apparently went into my PlayStation library under TSW3 and not straight into the TSW3 game itself like the others did? Hence why I thought I hadn’t got it. I’ve re downloaded from my PlayStation library and it now appears to have gone into the game.

Weird?

19. FredElliott

I won't pretend to know what's going on, but there's been all sorts of weirdness with DLC on PS4 since the system update, see the sticky in PS forum

Could well be related, I had Cities Skylines think I had no DLC entitlements yesterday and they aren't even downloads, just unlock "keys"

• Like Like x 1
  20. shhweeet#4292

Update on my problem with the train constantly breaking down as mentioned in my rant at the top of this thread on the new SEHS Extended. Apparently it was because I was using the hold function which you have to manually knock off. Now this might sound obvious but when you used it in the add on version of this train in the old SEHS TSW2 version the hold function knocked off automatically. I didn’t know this had changed in TSW3 hence why I never gave it a thought. DOH!

Also worth mentioning I gave my PS4’s hard drive a defrag and that seems to have improved the smoothness and frame rate a little bit. Worth doing if you haven’t already done so.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Yawn, there is no 455/9 in game either

• Like Like x 1
  22. danielemerson78

danielemerson78 Member

So you've completely slag the game off over a menu screen not being to your taste and an error on your part driving a train...why not take time to see what they have actually improved(which is quite a bit)instead of getting on Dovetails back at the slightest perceived problem/bug...just a thought

23. shhweeet#4292

Yawn. And there’s nothing worse than a nerdy trainspotter type who loves to point out what was obviously a mistake on my part ( Someone who isn’t an expert on all types of trains by my own admission ) I of course should have said 465 Networker which I’m happy to clarify for people like you who obviously couldn’t work it out. Now off you go and claim your railway station barrow which nerdy types like you like to occupy whilst you train spot and before the Royal Mail staff take it and use it for what it’s actually meant for. Oh Btw your train spotting book/folder your holding inyour avatar needs replacing, it looks a bit ragged from you constantly thumbing through it in your eagerness to constantly correct the likes of me.

24. shhweeet#4292

Your right and I admitted as much further up this thread. ( I was having a bad day, we all have them ) However I still find the new menus not as intuitive as the old which is a big thing for me because it’s your initial contact with the game and if it doesn’t feel right then it spoils the operation of it. I’m probably a lone voice on this I admit so shoot me! Yeah I cocked up driving the 465 with ( 465! Bradley) regards to the hold function, but when you’ve got used to driving the same train in TSW2 with it’s automatic release hold function and they all of a sudden change it to a manual release I quite naturally never gave that a thought. So shoot me again guv coz I’m only human.

As for what they’ve improved. It’s basically the same game as TSW2 mate yet they’ve the cheek to charge everyone again for it without even providing a basic function like a 100% reliable game save feature, this despite longer routes coming apparently. The new graphics and lighting are awful compared the old ones and not natural looking at all. It seems to stutter and frame rate drop more than TSW2 does on my PS4 but that has improved a little by giving the hard drive a defrag as mentioned earlier, but it’s still worse than TSW2? There are lots more issues I could mention but others have been doing a great job mentioning them all in the numerous other threads in the various sections of the forum. So apart from the dynamic weather which IS good, there doesn’t seem to be a lot to really shout about to justify DTG fleecing everyone yet again to buy a supposedly new game??

I’m happy to revert back to TSW2 for the moment. At least until DTG optimise TSW3 better and improve things overall, but hey! I’m pleased. DTG have won you over. Good on you fella.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1