PlayStation Is The Rt Worth The Money

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by UP_conductor79, Oct 18, 2018.

1. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

I haven't played TSW since the disappointing Somerset was released, and frankly the disappointing (to say the least) miles of track for the amount of money that I spent on it and I came to the conclusion I won't spent anymore money on unfinished routes or broken/missing railroad infrastructure or its so glitched so bad that is was almost unplayable. So my question is RT worth buying it at the current price??? I don't mind spending money on things that actually work and thats worthwhile.

So.....I finally turn the game back on last night and did all the updates and I started playing it and went to NEC (CSX) and I immediately notices the signaling system still is horrible, lightning is horrible, sound, the required speed limit signs (either permanent or temporary), the DPU or the cut-in helpers you still need to go to each locomotive and throttle up (if you're able to get back in the lead unit or use the camera to throttle up the trailing until(s) which is completely false and unrealistic. I should be able to control everything from the lead engine, (throttle, and braking system). The graphics are still unpolished, unlike West Somerset that looks pretty good and even the British route on TSW looks so much better than NEC which is unfortunate.

Speaking of which the braking system is unrealistic for an example I was traveling north at (30 MPH ones I came out of the curve), I wanted to stop at the yard east of the bridge and couldn't get the train to stop on where I wanted it on both attempts and I couldn't get my train to stop on both attempts, it shouldn't take soooo long to slow down or stop the train (even plugging it on my first attempt) and before someone says will you should have started braking in a advanced, well first of all I know how trains act and proper train handing on the (real ones) (where you have to take in a account your train make up, track conditions, speed, weather, length and height...etc.) and secondly I started slowing down before the big curve (right before you hit the bridge going West I ended up waaaaay past the (train yard) (East of the bridge) and my second attempt of stopping within (yard limits) I ended up in a derailment.

But if someone can answer my first question about RT I would appreciate it....

And if I can get DTG to fix some of those issues thats still present in NEC that would be great!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BROCK

BROCK Active Member

Since the updates, NEC has improved a bit but they need to focus on the frame rate for it. I have both DLC's but can't get into European trains. I'm hoping the next DLC will be focused on US railroads.

3. UP_conductor79

UP_conductor79 Member

I hope so to Brock for several reasons.