Rapid Transit 2.0

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bobbobberdd, Sep 12, 2022.

1. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

As many of you may have noticed, the current Rapid Transit is in a disastrous state. As far as I know, Rapid Transit is the only DLC in which all Trains are somehow broken. A Talent 2 and a DB BR 182 without or broken Sound and Dostos that slaughter your FPS just because the Light is on in them.

My Suggestion is to let Rapid Transit Rest in Peace and build it again from Scratch, bigger and better.
    I would recommend completely building Leipzig Hauptbahnhof this Time and extending the Route from Dessau to Roßlau for Freight Services and from Bitterfeld to Halle, for the Services of the DB BR 143 which are already in TSW. That doesn't sound like much, but in the end it would allow a few Layer that could Start from Leipzig, like an ICE to Bitterfeld which then continues to Berlin as an AI.

I would offer the Following Trains with this DLC: The already known DB BR 1.442 (Talent2), sbahn-mitteldeutschland_leipzigstoetteritz.jpg
    DB BR 182 and DB BR 143 + Dosto Cap Car and finally the DB BR 193 Vectron (something New) for Freight. lm_2014_10-08_0.jpg

Layers could be the ICE3 from Köln-Aachen and the DB BR 143 from Ruhr-Sieg Nord if this is not already included in the DLC.

AI Layers could be the DB BR 442 (Red Talent2) and the DB BR 146.2 from Nahverkehr Dresden so that Leipzig looks more alive.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

Add the S1 line in full, the line to Jüterbog, and the lines from Leipzig Hbf to Halle and it'd be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Want to make a Network combining Rapid Transit 2.0 with Riesa Dresden using the Jüterbog Roderau Line (german wikipedia article Bahnstrecke Jüterbog Roderau) that way there can be a service that runs Leipzig Dresden Via Jüterbog Roderau Line. Better Build the Leipzig Riesa Line then Merge Jüterbog Roderau Line with Riesa Dresden. Bundle is called Saxon Railway adventure Leipzig-Dresden via Jüterbog Roderau & Riesa.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I agree, accept for, that the Br182 should also be included in the DLC and as a new train we should get the ICE T for the route

• Like Like x 1
  5. bobbobberdd

Do you really think DTG would pass up the opportunity to just recycle an old Train? :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Ferrovipathe67

Ferrovipathe67 Well-Known Member

me I propose a leipzig riesa and a reconstruction of the RT with the circle and more branch and maybe new services with ice 1 IA services at bitterfeld new service ic between leipzig hfb and desseau and ice service from leipzig to betterfeld with ice 3 403 ice 1 and T 411 and between leipzig and dresden add the 411 and 415 only double services for the 415 + 411

7. bobbobberdd

In my opinion, the ICE-T is better off on a different Route, one that better showcases its Strengths.

• Like Like x 1
  8. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Good idea. Always wanted to buy Rapid Transit but never did because it's such an infamous DLC

• Like Like x 1
  9. drnicktgm#1259

Which route would come in handy to get the best out of the ICE T?

10. drnicktgm#1259

I hope so, because now we have a great Br442 that could replace the old br1442 and the Br182 from Hamburg Lübeck would also be a great replacement for the 182 from RT

11. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

What if we also added Riesa - Chemnitz (66km), the Zeithain branch (1km), RB31 (11km), S2 Dresden (4km), S8 Dresden (30km), S47 (around 20km I think), and maybe even Decin (66km)? We could throw in the narrow gauge steam railways on the Dresden routes for good measure and have a route that's objectively perfect for everyone, it has everything under the sun for a route. It's international, has LZB, PZB, GNT, ETCS, electric, diesel, steam, urban running, rural running, an entire S-Bahn network, freight, numerous scenic branch lines as well as incredible mainlines, MUs and locos, 2 airports, and 3 major cities. DTG could make this route and not make another German route for 2 years. The last big thing that one could suggest is the line to Erfurt for more ETCS, which would amount to another 100 or so km. But still, no one would ask for a new German route for a while if this was added. I know I'm being delusional btw :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

isn’t that not the ice 3m. I don’t think the 3m runs here maybe I’m incorrect but i think it would be better to use the standard ice 3 (HMA, SKW) and maybe give it an all red livery instead of the green and red colourway

13. driverwoods#1787

You mean RB31 to Dresden Hbf via Rangierbahnhof Dresden Friedrichstadt and my Riesa Chemnitz via Doebln suggestion basically forming a network with Riesa Dresden RT Leipzig Riesa Tharandter Rampe then Elbtalbahn.
    If Elbtalbahn (Dresden-Decin Line) has the OBB Baureihe 1216 locomotive there is a chance of it being paired to 767.2 766.2 780/785 Dostos bascially displacing the Original RT182. In real life OBB uses part of RT & Riesa Dresden to run Freight to Wien Kledering from Dessau/Leipzig Engelsdorf

14. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I would really like if they would be expanding SKW into MSB, via Nantenbacher curve. Then you could run the ICE-T up to its max speed, as well as using its GNT on its way to Aschaffenburg in one single run.

Additionally the slow connection to Würzburg through Gemünden could be modeled, allowing for really interesting timetable possibilities.

• Like Like x 1
  15. driverwoods#1787

Correct but how about Riesa Dresden where you can use GNT on the Weißig Böhla Line. Provided DTG listens to the community about Rush hour train pack with Riesa-Dresden giving ICE-T

• Like Like x 1
  16. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

But there is no GNT installed between Dresden and Riesa?! The train would tilt, but it would not have a separate speed profile. And the max speed is 160kph. That is why I mentioned the possibility Würzburg Aschaffenburg, where the ICE T really is the ideal train, as you can drive it up to its max 230kph between Würzburg and Nantenbach and use the GNT between Nantenbach and Aschaffenburg…

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. driverwoods#1787

I see it now and also the Franconian Forest Railway because ICE-T ran there from München Hbf to Berlin Hbf pre SFS Nürnberg Erfurt link is the German Wikipedia