Raildriver Lever Issues

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Straypuft, Sep 11, 2022.

1. Straypuft

Straypuft New Member

Calibrating in TSW3, my levers dont seem to show full range of motion, example: Got the entire throttle movement below the notch but throttle is still powering above the neutral notch in the brake section(I used the LIRR M7 to try this), it seems I have only half an inch of brake lever and have to slowly move the brake so I do not go into emergency.

Do I need to open the thing up and try to fix this myself? Or do I need to use one of the versions of Macroworks to calibrate from?

There is only like 1 video on youtube and it doesnt mention anything about cleaning contact points or potentiometers.

Ideally I would love to use my old Saitek X52 throttle on combined throttle/brake trains

2. ihavenoidea

ihavenoidea New Member

My Raildrivers also do this on TSW3, but were fine before, so I guess await a fix.

3. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

So far, I am not having this issue with mine. Its mainly on the throttle side where the notches are spaced unevenly as you pull it toward you and a few have the 1 notch up where it should be off. The brake side seems to be working as it should. I have only done the calibration one time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I'm having some throttle issues too, and also the reverser lever doesn't always match up with the position in the cab. But, overall, it's still preferable to keyboard/mouse.

5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Is anyone else having issues with the SKW 185 seemingly not having the alerter mapped to SIFA?

6. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

That reminds me. When running the HST on GWR, I had a couple of emergency stops, because the AWS reset on my RD had too much of a delay and it triggered the brake, so I had to switch to " Q " on the keyboard.

• Like Like x 1
  7. kirbyfisher69

kirbyfisher69 Member

I just got a RailDriver and love it! When calibrating it a couple of trains I was running, I have also noticed that the throttle, auto brake and independent brakes to not move all the way up or down. I can drive with it but would like it so they would have a fuller range of motion and not skip percentages in groups when moving them.
    I just ran a test on TSW2 and the calibration is the same. Moving sticks fully up and down does not move to the top and bottom of the graphical display for the sticks. Think I might open a ticket about it and see if it IS and issue or not.

8. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

When you’re doing the set up process, and it tells you to move each lever, move it to a point just short of its limit (at both ends of the lever’s movement). Once the setup is complete and you start a journey, you’ll find that if you move the RailDriver lever all the way to its limit, the lever on the graphical display does the same.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. kirbyfisher69

kirbyfisher69 Member

The graphical display I am talking about is the during the calibration, not in game.

10. lcyrrjp

lcyrrjp Well-Known Member

I didn’t take a lot of notice of the graphical display during set up. It didn’t seem to matter. By following the above process, the RailDriver worked correctly when used in the game.

11. Straypuft

Straypuft New Member

Have done this and I seem to be noticing an improvement in most trains, I was hoping the throttle/brake lever would be asymmetrical, as in throttle on one side of neutral and brake on the other, but Im getting used to it now.

Have also started making Raildriver legends for the bottom rows of buttons with the raildriver website provided doc and editing it in google docs.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

In case you did not already see it. Paul Paulinovich (TrainSimulatorDriver on Youtube) has already made printable labels for most if not all the locos in TSW2. Might save you some time. I've copied his link below.

Raildriver Labels - TSW2.docx - Google Docs

13. Straypuft

Straypuft New Member

Very relevant to my interests, my first batch failed because the text was too high in each box and I dont want to have to keep going to the library to print them out.

Edit: there seems to be a scaling issue, my selected ones from that file came out a tad smaller than what it was supposed to be

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022