Fishing Sim World Fish Frequently Snap Off Within A Second Of Taking The Bait

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by WikusMazal, Sep 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Title
    When ledger fishing , fish frequently snap off within a second of taking the bait.

Description
    When ledger fishing the fish requently snap off within a second of taking the bait. It's the same issue as in Euro fishing that was ported over to this game. It happens at all lakes , all game modes , all hooks lines baits. Most of the time you don't even get a chance to pick up the rod. Sometimes you pick up the rod and it snaps off immediately.

Steps to reproduce
    Did ledger fishing

Result
    Fish frequently snaps off within a second of taking the bait.

Expected Result
    Fix to stop fish snapping off.

Video clip showing it happening on 2 different rods right after another :

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/wikusmazal/video/60453841

2. Tucklis

Tucklis Member

What is your clutch set on? Sounds like it is set too high and not allowing the fish to run with the line, hence why it will snap

3. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Nothing to do with clutch. This is a known bug that have been around since day one of Euro fishing. Clutch is 20 , but you can put it on 0 and same thing happens.

4. Tucklis

Tucklis Member

Never seen that bug to be honest and I've been playing the game for well over 2 years.

5. SPACE ODDITY

SPACE ODDITY Active Member

I get these all the time, I just put it down to false bites. I don't get this happening nearly another to impact my enjoyment of the games, but I do remember you having a lot of issues with this on Euro Fishing. Do you get this happening frequently? Myself, I probably get this once or twice a hour at most, but sometimes I don't experience any for a few hours.

6. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

At least once every 3 bites in every session. Sometimes even 2 or 3 bites in a row. Super frustrating.

7. Daft Badger

Daft Badger Active Member

I get this as well.It's not as bad as it was in Euro Fishing,i probably get it 2 or 3 times per hour.
    You miss bites in real life so I just put it down to the games version of that

• Like Like x 1
  8. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

I have never lost 1 out of 3 fish IRL of fishing. Mostly I never loose a fish in a whole day of fishing and sometimes 1 or 2 at most for a whole day. The frequency at which this happens in-game for me is ridiculous.

9. Daft Badger

I never meant you can lose 1 out of 3 fish in real life,what I meant was you miss bites in real life & I think this is the games version of missing bites
    You do seem to be getting the "snap off" thing a lot more than me & Space Oddity

10. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Yeah I know you didn't mean that , my point was just that is how much it is happening to me in the game. If I only encountered it once or twice in 3 hours I would also just see it as you guys that it happenens IRL now and then and ignore it. But the frequency I get it makes it a very frustrating bug and becomes game breaking at some points and I can't see it as it happens IRL as well and just ignore it. Some evenings it gets so bad that it completely ruins the gameplay.

It's exactly the same as it was in Euro , some players ( like me ) are absolutely plagued by it , while other players either never have it happen or only now and then or only get it in MP.
    Literally my 2nd cast on day 1 in the game it already happened. Was so disappointed that from all the bugs that was copy and pasted this one just had to be one of them :(

This needs to get fixed. Or if it is intended then it should be stabilized so that some players don't get it all the time like I do now.
    I've been living with this since 2016 and it's getting really on my nerves.

11. Daft Badger

Yeah,it definitely isn't right.Kudos for sticking with it as long as you have,i would of rage quit ages ago lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Even I’ve had this on the ps4 mainly on bergsee tho not had this issue with on any other lake yet

13. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

For me it's everywhere. Except obviously the 2 lure only lakes.

14. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Just bugged ridden at the mo untill they realise there patch and I’ll put money on it this patch will cause more issues bit like euro fishing fixes one thing or many then causes a whole lot more issues don’t understand it my self but there u go lol

15. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Still broken. Still happening all the time

16. Daft Badger

Seems to happening more frequently to me since the update.

17. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

and still broken

18. fredblogs487

fredblogs487 Member

I get the same on ps4. Starting to piss me off, along with other bugs i am getting, if they do not fix it soon, it's time to go back to fishing planet.