Tsw3 Preservation Crew Addon Release Plan

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by simontreanor81, Sep 2, 2022.

1. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

DTG JD's post said that LGV Med will be in tranche 2, but now it's showing as having a preservation crew update - the article says routes with a Pres Crew update will be out tomorrow. So is it possible LGV Med will be?

2. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

That is true say that preservation crew updates on the road map coming out first but the list doesn't have the 1938 tube or the new journeys Expansion Add-Ons

3. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Some had to move into week two, as we'd run out of 'tokens' to use with Sony, so LGV slipped unfortunately. In retrospect, having seen the updates, I wish we'd swapped it with West Cornwall Local now, but it's locked in.

New Journeys is coming later anyway (they need new Store pages, etc.) - I'll have to check with 1938 Stock.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

JD, any update on the download manager eta?

5. swift19

swift19 Active Member

Anyone else getting LIRR unavailable. I own it on TSW2.

Attached Files:

6. DTG JD

Nothing at this stage. Last we mentioned was last week, where it needed to go back into testing after we found an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BigH

BigH Active Member

I am pretty sure Sony doesn´t care what your SSD "looks" like. The DLC/64GB limit sounds more like a filesystem limitation. After all they are using a custom Linux system since the PS3 days and they have to make sure everthing is compatible. That´s why i don´t buy it when devs say "we did not know how this or that works" on a operating system level.

8. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

It saying it for me oakville, peninsula and rhein-ruhr say the same it could be Sony being slow

• Like Like x 1
  9. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Is this confirmed?
    I also thought that this is something DTG wants to do, but is not currently the case.
    Maybe someone from https://forums.dovetailgames.com/members/dtg-jd.24920/DTG can shed some light on this??

I noticed that too.
    SKA is really no fun anymore without the expansion add-on! So empty...
    So, DTG, please release it asap.

• Like Like x 1
  10. GuitarMan

GuitarMan Well-Known Member

I believe that the disconnection of locos and routes is only for TSW3 content. I believe TSW compatible content is still linked.

11. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

As I understood it, there is no separation of locos from their routes on any content yet, including TSW3 routes, but it is the intention to do it that way in the future once the tech is developed to allow it.

12. SubwayRailfanner

SubwayRailfanner Well-Known Member

Maybe in the future for Playstation players you can release the DLCs weeks before launch that way when launch day comes the DLCs will already be there in the store. Just an idea but I don't mind waiting. DTG JD

13. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

That’s unfortunately a case of somebody only hearing what they wanted to hear, even now the system isn’t in place, maybe in the future. As it stands you still need the home routes for loco DLC.

As for new journeys, it wasn’t forgotten, it needs some logistical work to make it available for TSW 3.

14. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Thanks!
    But this makes DTG's release schedule even more nonsensical than it already is! :(
    Releasing the BR 101 next week, but the required route only another week later...
    Who in their right mind thinks, this makes any sense?

Maybe DTG JD can convince whoever is responsible that this is awful and make a last minute change?!?
    It's bad enough we have to wait several weeks for all our DLC to come out, but then release it in a way that makes the already released stuff still unusable is baffling to me...

• Like Like x 1
  15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yes I raised this with JD on Monday & he didn’t really give much of an answer, other than “we had to make a list in a short time”

Sounds to me like they just didn’t think about it, we were told that content with preserved updates would be prioritised, but even that didn’t happen.

There is a lot of DLC dependencies that don’t make sense, and considering the current PS DLC limits, it’s pretty silly.

16. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Pretty sad that DTG is kind of botching the release of TSW3 this way.
    I was pretty positive during the early access period about TSW3, but it seems DTG is up to the usual stuff of not really thinking too much about what they do or just not caring.
    And hardly any feedback from them here either regarding this doesn't make it better.
    I really wish, they'd care a little more.
    Waiting this long for our DLC is bad enough without this mess making it worse than necessary. :(

17. DTG JD

It's not a perfect list, absolutely. This has been agreed with Sony, and given some of the challenges we've had last week agreeing a schedule (after being told on Thursday Sony weren't able to do an all-in-one release as we'd agreed), I'm loathe to ask to change things now.

For context, we had 'tokens' we could use for each release window, and older content (as it has more 'entitlements') cost more tokens, which has meant a pretty tough game of 'what can we include where'. Intention was good, execution less so in the time we had available to us.

I know it's not ideal - one of the team who is on PlayStation found themselves playing content they'd not touched in a while, and enjoyed it, so there may be an opportunity in the interim to try out that route or loco that's been gathering (virtual) dust.

• Like Like x 1
  18. DTG JD

Please don't assume we don't care, or are not thinking. For our Retail team, this is probably the most complex operation they've ever had to do at Dovetail across 5 (6?) platforms and as many entitlements as TSW has - and to have a curveball like that thrown that late in the day means that we had to pull together a plan as quickly as we could.

I'll hold my hands up and say that I recommended some of the Week 1 routes based on the updates I knew were coming, but the dependent locos taking up as many 'credits' as they did meant that only a small proportion would have been released on Day 1. We felt spreading the load on Day 1 and having as much recently-released content as possible (as well as content receiving a significant improvement) was the best option.

I appreciate it's frustrating, but it's not through lack of effort or trying.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  19. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

Thanks for coming back re. this.
    It's just really frustrating to not being able to fully enjoy SKW with the layered IC schedule of the 101.
    And when it releases next week I can download it, but still not use it, because the corresponding route is not released for another week.
    So only on the 20th of September we can enjoy everything that SKW has to offer (and Tharandter rampe as well for that matter, as there are no ICE or IC trains on this route as well which makes the stations feel far less "alive")!

It's just such an obvious priority, imo.
    Make the stuff available first, which greatly enhances your new TSW3 routes and makes them complete and come even mor alive with all the services and AI you put into it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Any news on the new journeys Expansion or the 1938 stock ? DTG

21. DTG JD

Not as of yet.

22. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

Do we have a timeframe for TSW2 getting the Pres Crew updates for PC, RRO etc? I was hoping to see they had updated today.

23. DTG JD

Not at this stage.

24. Agent Llama

Agent Llama Member

What happened to all updates coming by the end of the summer, as we were told in the livestreams? Sounds like what was meant was ‘for TSW3’, but we didn’t know that existed then. Really poor from DTG on this.

• Like Like x 1
  25. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

That’s not the case. The DLC limit has nothing to do with the file system and in fact the PS5 doesn’t have the same file system as the PS3. The PS5 is using the same architecture as the PS4 but with more powerful hardware. That’s why a PS5 can play PS4 games but PS3 games only work on the PS3.

If the PS4 can work without a DLC limit the PS5 should be able to also. In fact from what I remember the PS5 launched without a DLC limit and the 64gb was only added later in a system update.

I’m convinced the DLC limit is just Sony being Sony and thinking their customers are too stupid to manage their storage space without help.

Although I wouldn’t say DTG is innocent in the DLC debacle either. They seem to have managed to create a game where the more DLC installed the worse the game performs. So even without the Sony limit I guess you don’t want to install them all anyway. That was what Matt mentioned in a stream is the reasoning for releasing the PS5 “fix” to all platforms- because only mounting the DLC you’re using improves performance across the board. I noticed too when TSW3 came out, I uninstalled a bunch of DLC from TSW2, and all of the sudden TSW2 runs better in the routes I still have on there.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
  26. BigH

BigH Active Member

PS3 = RISC Processor, PPS4/PS5 = X86-64 Processor, they are not compatible, yes. Operating System is some Linux on all machines and the 64GB Limit is a bug in the Kernel before version 3.1, discovered around the beginning of 2022. That is why Sony had to apply this limit and it wasn´t present, or known, at release of the PS5. Fixing it won´t be easy and is probably not only in Sony´s hand.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. IfICanDream

IfICanDream Active Member

You can stream PS3 games on the PS5 via PlayStation +. I haven’t done that but I would guess that they wouldn’t be offering it through the PS5 if you couldn’t do it.

28. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

Let's hope for a smooth release tomorrow for tsw2 content and hopefully the 38 stock dose also release

29. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

Looks like the rolling stock with dependencies (DB 101, SN 313) will let you download them but they don't show up in your list of trains.

30. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Of course they wont they were released with routes from TSW2020 which the DLC for the playstation players have not yet been released.
    You need ECW, Tees Valley and Hauptestrecke Rhein Ruhr. They will be released next week. But for people on the PS5 good luck shoe horning all of next weeks dlcs on yer PS5.

Hentis

31. DTG JD

Just to update this thread: Batch 2 has now been released.

• Like Like x 1