Class 395 In Tsw 3. What Needs To Be Updated?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PuuvillaneMats, Sep 11, 2022.

1. PuuvillaneMats

PuuvillaneMats Member

For me british route is the best in TSW 3. It looks and feels decent. There are now two branches with completely different character. Good job, DTG. Signalling seems to work pretty well. Class 395 got some sound fixes and is now much more enjoyable to drive. But ... it still needs many updates and fixes.
    1. Cabview position. Way too high. Make it 4-5 cm-s lower. Or give us option to change and save different positions as custom parameters. Head-Out-Of-The-Window views (both sides) needs special key commands for more optimal operation.
    2. In-Cab horn sound is unfortunately too silent. Yes, Class 395 cab is nicely isoleted, but still the horn sound is too weak. Compare it to Class 375 in-cab horn which is very good. Outer horn sound is also not loud enough. That seems to be common problem in TSW - horn sound levels.
    3. In-Cab rail joint sounds too silent.
    4. Cold start options are missing completely. There is a classical sequence of cold start processes for most trains: battery switch on - panto on - onboard equipments on - drivers key in - reverser from off to neutral - cancelling aws/tpws warning signal (when those systems are activated) ... and then other options. In TSW 3 Class 395 battery switching option is eliminated at all. Onboard equipment (auxilliary systems) buttons do nothing, You can't switch train off. Computer screen is modelled in only one state (page) and access is missing to some important parameters (panto state, voltage). There is a fault - when driving (speed controller is positioned on notch 1-4) You can switch reverser from forward easily to neutral or even to reverse position). Another fault: when switching reverser from off to neutral - there'll always follow aws/tpws warning sound - even in case You haven't switched AWS/TPWS functions on in backpanel's block of switches. 'Train wash speed' button doesn't work - there are now even timetable services which use train washing option. There are air condition / fan / temperature buttons animated, but working only visually without any sounds. Should be fixed for more realoistic cab audio.
    5. Coupling preparation, coupling activation and hatch closing buttons are animated and hatch can be opened and closed but ... coupling itself is still half finished process (electronically). For example in the end part of service 1F74 (Ashford - St.Pancras) You have to couple to another train consist ... which unfortunately is not prepared for coupling (hatch is closed). You unload passengers then push 'front coupler preparation' button, hatch nicely opens ... then go to another trains cab to open hatch (pushing 'front coupler preparation' button ... but when trying to sit down (E) You'll be asked to end scenario ... and You are not able to open the hatch of another train to colplete coupling process. In some another scenario I tried to couple after uncoupling and it was even physically possible ... but computer didn't notice any changes (it doesn't recognise there's another Class 395 just coupled to this consist). Physically they're coupled but elevtronic system doesn't react propely. Needs fixing.
    6. There are some other issues I noticed. When starting service 5T90 You'll be asked to uncouple from the another consist. You have preparation time for that only 3 minutes. It's not realistic at all. You can complete the task only when running. Not acceptable. Give at least 5 minutes for preparation. There are still strange tunnel 'fake ends' in many places. You start to see end of the tunnel (white circle) ... then it suddenly vanishes. Seems like visual tunnel section connection bug. Waking speed is still too high, slow it down. Running is pretty good. Crouching movement needs smoothing. There are some bushes placed too close to track in curves between Rainham and Gillingham (direction to Gillingham).
    That's what I have noticed playing TSW 3 South Eastern Class 395 services. I hope DTG takes it seriously and release updates soon. It is nice route and Class 395 looks incredible, it's worth all recommended fixes. TSW 3 is a big step to right direction. Thank You DTG.

• Like Like x 3
  2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Having every or most button pressable and having it actually do something takes up dev time. The most important functions that allow you to drive the train, safety systems, signalling, lights, etc is priority. Then everything else that aren't really 'required' are only implemented if there is time. The coupling thing I get since it's required for the service so it should have been implemented correctly. But for the other buttons and stuff, it's just more dev time. Even if the buttons do absolutely nothing, I would rather have them clickable. Dtg have to meet deadlines and if they were to do all that, it would take too long. Even tsg, who's known for his high quality, can't make everything functional. He has to meet deadlines too and he can't work on a locomotive for like 10 years (exaggeration) just to make every single button/feature functional.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PuuvillaneMats

PuuvillaneMats Member

Agree, development takes time and in reality we do not need all bells and whistles working. But TSW 3 services clearly require improved functionality of Class 395 (and other trains as well). Coupling/uncoupling and train washing functions are most important to mention. And both are left out (or not finished). Some timetable services can't be finished for that reason or are unrealistic. As much as I know if You activate 'front coupler preparation' function in Class 395/Class 800-802 (Hitachi) the train speed will be automatically controlled by computer to allow smooth coupling procedure. This is not simulated here. The same about train washing line speed button functionality. You can be sure - this doesn't take 10 years to implement. Just DTG is sometime too lazy.

• Like Like x 3
  4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

5. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

I think the auxiliary button does work as i use it all the time when I role play a cold start. Maybe you are not holding long enough

• Like Like x 1
  6. dan5324

dan5324 Active Member

You can switch the train off. You need to hold it for six seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  7. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Yes you can turn the trains into a cold & dark mode.

Train simulation has more aspects than just driving from A to B.
    We had that in train sim classic, 3 working buttons in a loco, the bare minimum of the minimum and yes, its the reason i stoped entirely with tsc. Not fun for me.

"Only implemented if there is time"? Have never more disagreed with a comment in this forum since im here.
    The huge details in function of the locos was the reason i came back to trainsim (tsw). I like to use this as sandbox, so doing tmd tasks like brake & mu tests etc.

This i can do with the highly detailed cl37 for example. So many small features modeled.

If you agree with a dev about cutting content, they should just left away half of the planned sections because there was just not enough time?

Sherman hill track 3, or dresden airport branch, as a customer i certanley will not call this a good solution. Same for rolling stock, lack of detail would be a reason for me to stop buying content.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Jamy

Jamy Well-Known Member

you can open the cab door while its moving at high speed

9. UnmakerAlphaSeven

UnmakerAlphaSeven New Member

I'm wondering why can't the gsmr radio be implemented, in TSC I think it is on some trains. Would make a big difference in immersion I believe.

• Like Like x 2
  10. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Yes most of the working GSMR stuff in Train Sim classic has been released by Armstrong Powerhouse. I would love to see this come to TSW 3. Its already partly in on the Class 313. You can switch it on, ldo the brightness up and down and use the associated button to call the signalman. I cant see it being back ported, but perhaps we could see it on future UK DLC's. fingers crossed.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3