Why Though?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by marcsharp2, Sep 13, 2022.

1. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

OK maybe someone who works at DTG can answer this. Why were DLC's for routes released before the routes they were created for? I can't download the 20, 313 or Diesel legends until, Tees Valley, East Coastway and GWE are released next week. IMG_20220913_103600.jpg IMG_20220913_103614.jpg IMG_20220913_103628.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. cjheron

cjheron Member

You can download them and install via the PlayStation store, but they won’t show in game. It’s the same with the DB BR 101 and the class 313. Their routs release next week. I’m assuming they will show then.

• Like Like x 1
  3. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

This was quoted in a few posts made by JD .

"We only had a certain amount of "tokens" we could use each week which relate to add ons when putting this together, and we've had to pull this together quite quickly. Its not ideal, appreciate that, but we've tried to group where possible based on conten getting updates tomorrow (prioritised routes over locos) and more recent content released.

Different content has a different token value. So things that need to be doubly compatible (i.e TSW2+TSW3) require double the amount of tokens than a TSW 3 route. For TSW2020 bits its treble the cost.

It's been a complicated process (our poor Retail Team have been through the ringer on this), and given more time (as mentioned we only found out about this on Thursday, and we have been trying to confirm since then) We'd have probably put together a more intricate solution that made a little more sense in terms of dependancies. As it is , this list is what we could put together with the notice we had".

I cant remember what thread these posts were in but this is how we got to where we are and why there are three seperate DLC releases. Blame Sony and their stupid ways.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  4. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Brilliant thank you

5. Dinger75

Dinger75 Well-Known Member

Yeah not much thought was done in regards to this. I could understand the whole Trains being released before the route due to token value but its a headscratcher that we also have two trains such as the baby bullet or MP15 in week 3 while it's route was in week 1.

6. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The good thing with this at least is that we do know that all the content will be available in a week or so. That beats the uncertainty that usually accompanies these things, such as not knowing when the DLC manager will allow all this content together on a PS5, which will shortly be coming up to a year of uncertainty and still has no end in sight. The save is the next current thing that could take a year to fix. This ‘wrong order’ release thing is unfortunate but not the end of the world compared to other issues we have to face.

• Like Like x 2
  7. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

At least it’s complete next week; main unknown quantity now is when the content manager will release, so PS5?players can have all of this stuff installed without having to mess about

8. Lunar_Twisted

Lunar_Twisted Well-Known Member

I already sent a dm to JD hours ago regarding the issue. I also mentioned to him that he forgot to add the LU 1938 Stock.

9. d.heal

d.heal Well-Known Member

DB BR 101 doesn't appear so Loco Add-Ons are not decoupled, so releasing locos add ons before the routes doesn't work
    101 needs HRR to activate
    313 needs ECW
    Not blaming DTG for this Sony is to blame for having Add-Ons the not work

10. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I don’t think loco decoupling applies to the TSW2020 & TSW2 content. It’ll just be TSW3 content going forward if I remember correctly.

11. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Ultimately, (and don't shoot me for saying this) if you enjoy TSW where is the hassle in playing routes you don't usually have a go on until your favourite routes are available again?

• Like Like x 1
  12. surreychuff#3060

surreychuff#3060 Active Member

You’re definitely right, re the incentive to try something that’s potentially different to what you usually play…

the FOMO for me however is how we’ve been spoilt by DTG layering on locos and services across the routes; having the additional traffic and variety has really brought a lot of routes to life in a great way; even if it’s elements like having the 313 and shunter outside Brighton when playing BML that have small impact really over the overall route experience, it does elevate the experience materially

13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

To just jump in here - I do agree this could have been done better, but antony.henley quoted the context already.

Everything should be available at 09:00 on Tuesday 20th. Thanks for your patience. As you can tell, this hasn't been the easiest situation to manage.

• Like Like x 2