Possible Expansion Pack For Tsw3?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Sep 7, 2022.

1. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

And even before its announced Ive the first acheivement unlocked

upload_2022-9-9_23-51-24.png

• Like Like x 2
  2. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Maybe they’ll announce at the next roadmap

3. alexjjones6024

alexjjones6024 Well-Known Member

Quite me if I'm wrong but roadmaps are a thing of the past I believe..

4. alexjjones6024

Completely agree with your comment, I cannot justify paying for any outstanding DLC. However, I did almost purchase LGV the other day but decided it is now not worth that value as it's 2 stops either end and I'll get bored rapidly. Perhaps back to the old saying, "wait for a sale".

5. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Why release any content at all? If everything can be done with the tools available by players to the exact level that DTG can do them then those players can go ahead and make their own liveries, consists (I’m not sure that’s possible), full timetables of AI for the A-B runs and any extra functionality that comes with the pack and be happy. Just get on with it, save yourselves from having DTG steal your cash.

DTG could just release their routes with un-liveried locos and rolling stock and have everyone make up their own playable content with the livery designer and the great scenario planner and its versatility. There’s no reason for them to do liveries, timetables or scenarios because it can all be replicated by someone else and some mods will make everything better too.

I’m going to wait and see exactly what’s in the pack, how much it costs and then weigh that up against my ability to replicate it (which will be no ability at all) and see if it’s worth me buying it, Even if it isn’t good enough for me, I still won’t see it as a cash grab, just some content you can buy if you wish.

• Like Like x 13
  6. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Aka a cash grab. But your entitled to your view. Yes DTG can do as they like but frankly these packs are simply a cheap way to make a quick buck. To say otherwise is just wrong. But I guess you'll keep defending it.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  7. FredElliott

FredElliott Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. FredElliott

But on the other hand a newcomer isn't going to know they're being "ripped off" unless they come to the forums and see these discussions, no? Since all the new SKUs across all platforms have been created fresh, they will all have a published date of sometime this last week, so a newcomer will have zero idea that some routes are up to four years old

A newcomer who fancies a train game to play would see TSW3 as being released most recently from the range on Steam/Epic/PSN/Xbox/Netflix/Disney+/Kitchen Sink and oh look, there's 30-odd routes and trains for them to browse and buy and play with

(Devil's advocate, I agree that SPG et al digital release methodology is a bit naughty of DTG on top of delisting TSW2)

• Like Like x 2
  9. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’m not defending anything, just showing you that it is a product you could buy if you want it, like bananas in a shop, and you saying it’s a cash grab is nonsense. You say it so often it’s like a meme now. You think it is a cash grab, I know it is a product that has had some work put into it and is therefore offered for sale to customers. It’s not nothing they are selling, despite your claim that you could do it yourself and therefore it has no value. If you were doing it commercially you would want paying for it too. It’s just a product not a scam. I’m not wrong in saying that at all. It’s a fact.

• Like Like x 9
  10. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Fair enough… it’s been a while we haven’t got a real roadmap

• Like Like x 1
  11. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Just gonna have to agree to disagree because I don't agree anything you have said. Also I never claimed I could do it myself and if I did, I wouldn't charge for it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. FredElliott

Next roadmap is October

13. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I know I was being sarcastic

14. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Just think of it as a scenario pack in tsc. That's how I saw the new journeys expansion. It's definitely more value than the scenario packs in tsc.

15. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Im just saying, they could of done something better for Cajon, a meh 1950's-1960's timetable with 1 loco doesn't really add much to TSW in terms of reusing content as an addon.

DTG probably should of instead looked at what already exists in the modern age, and found a way to bolster the already existing timetable for Cajon, instead of making a "presumably" new one with 1 loco.

For example, DTG could of added a new BNSF mainline locomotive to add variety to the C4 with either the already existing UP SD70ACe, or CSX AC4400CW model (Which BNSF rosters both, 640 ACe's and 121 AC44's). Maybe add the whisper cab to the SD70ACe, add some BNSF Bethgons, add a few new services to Victorville for the coal. Also maybe add a grain service to Arden Mills in San Bernardino....

Or they could of added UP to the BNSF mainline by either making a UP ES44AC, or a new AC44 (Still not a fan of SHG's one). UP regally carries coal to Victorville as well, not to mention they use the mainline between the Pass and Barstow. This would greatly increase the diversity of the default Cajon timetable, as now you have a realistic mix of UP and BNSF trains to the mix.

Just saying there would of been better options for Cajon than a ATSF F7.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

The cash grab is that it obviously is pretty much ready to go at the time they launched the game but instead of including it in the price they are releasing it separately for a second fee. That literally is a cash grab. See controversies in the past involving on-disc DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  17. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I’d say it would be a cash grab if this pack had something you needed for a route, like for example a layer of commuter services.

However, this isn’t that, it’s little nice things that enhance routes, by giving them something a little different in their everyday services, another livery to see, a cool service to pass by.

It’s little bits of extra detail which people might appreciate. You in no way need to buy it.

• Like Like x 3
  18. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

I share your opinion in this. As much i like the livery designer, righ now there is a flush of all possible liveries in different time periods. Many of them are made as good as a payware product.

The downside, we still cant manage / bind liveries to a specific route. Its known that tsw is wasting (not using) a lot of space in their ui & menus.
    So i think the "best" solution for a livery manager is to set the used routes for each livery (via tickbox), means the livery manger should be accesed via main menu or the game settings. Then you have all possible liveries from the creation center. So you open class 31 regional railways for example, and on each route you want to use the livery, you can set the tickbox. This way i wont have a reilfreiight cl20 in a 1960s route.

What i like about dtgs game / livery packs, they usually come with a wagon or many additional services. Still prefere those dlcs, exactly because the additional gameplay. Wish there would be many more such gameplay dlcs.

Dtg isnt forcing anybody to buy them, so no cashgrab. For me the 187 was a cash grab until the updates. Just didnt come up close to other loco dlcs, and was sold for same price.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Blacknred81

Revoking my statement about the scenario planner, cant even route trains properly over the pass itself without causing a traffic jam....

20. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

Yeah no mention of a caboose. I checked every formation.

21. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Effectivement, je possède ce DLC de JT pour TS201X, un groupe de deux wagons associés à une class 20, ce serais donc une 1° collaboration de JT avec DTG ???
    Wait and see !!!
    Cordialement, tof

• Like Like x 3
  22. pipanminuta#9703

pipanminuta#9703 Well-Known Member

English please read the rules

• Like Like x 1
  23. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Sorry

24. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

You could have simply gone to Google Translate and did as I did to translate. Its not that hard.

Merci Tof

Thanks Hentis

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  25. redrev1917

Its an unneeded outdated policy anyway IMO

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. tof70110

tof70110 Member

Thank you for your understanding, but for some the rules are the rules (which I can fully understand if only about technical terms and linguistic diversity or Translatore will never be able to return a perfect translation, but a little indulgence never hurts especially when you have to deal with a beginner and this is not a recurring case, this is the 1st time that I have been called to order in this way because my posts are always written in English although I am French (one does not prevent the other) after the edge translator is automatically triggered each time the screen is refreshed re translating my text in reverse, in short I opened another window without a translator and it shouldn't happen anymore!!! Lol
    Sincerely, tof

27. Blacknred81

That's honestly strange, not much would be needed to changed from the Clinchfield one to represent a proper ATSF caboose....
    Clinchfield_Article_18_03_21_13.jpg atsf999625b.jpg IIonynr7BDTXyxvdsCRD9Q.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  28. tof70110

tof70110 Member

indeed a small passage by the editor and hop but hey so many things and their opposites have already been said, but indeed about the caboose it is indeed disturbing!!!
    tof

29. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct and it's also the same way for the Clinchfield SD40 using the New Journey Expansion Pack TSW 2.
    I am 58% completed on the 100 miles burning diesel

30. alexjjones6024

So just to confirm, how long does a DLC tend to take to release from the point that the achievements are viewable?

31. akstorlied#2840

akstorlied#2840 Member

I'd like to say if there's no passenger function added to Cajon, it's a lost opportunity. Long trip seeing freight pass by hasn't really been offered.

32. orb

orb Well-Known Member

Are these bananas an unlimited in amount digital product?...

• Like Like x 3
  33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

do you think that just because something is digital, no work goes into making it exist?

• Like Like x 4
  34. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

No but there is an expected number of sales which sets the number ordered and thus the wholesale price but the fact is that work has gone into producing both the DLC and the growing the bananas. Some people would expect the bananas to be free because they just grow out of the ground anyway and besides, everyone can just grow their own bananas in the banana planner if they want some.

• Like Like x 4
  35. orb

orb Well-Known Member

So it should be paid for the work that goes into it, like for growing bananas. After release data can be copied unlimited amount of times and bananas need to be grown again.

• Like Like x 2
  36. countcussy

countcussy Well-Known Member

Modern attitude.
    It's not acceptable to make money or to try and become successful. Because then, you will have more than someone else.
    Modern society demands everyone the same and everything for free.

If anyone sees it as a cash grab, so what?
    You don't have to buy it........

• Like Like x 7
  37. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

I'd also be interested in knowing this, and at least more interested than in the discussion about bananas.

• Like Like x 3
  38. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I asked the same thing once. I was told about a month.

• Like Like x 2
  39. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Which would mean the announcement should be expected somewhere between today and next week I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  40. CrAzZyKiLLa

CrAzZyKiLLa Well-Known Member

I dont think we will see an announcement soon and hope this to be the case also. I think it would be a mistake to announce more DLC when we have not seen any fixes following TSW3's release.

41. orb

orb Well-Known Member

DLCs can be announced and even released before any fixes. We got the announcement of TSW3 after all, its release, as also it being prioritized, instead of the fixes for TSW2.

42. redrev1917

Its likely they aren't going to release any new DLC until everyone has got the DLC they already owned in TSW2 into TSW3. Otherwise imagine the uproar for a PS4 customer to be told they can't play x route which they've already paid for but here a DLC pack you can buy and play straightaway.

• Like Like x 1
  43. alexjjones6024

Let's be honest, that sounds about right for DTG. I don't mind that option though ;)

44. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Until the DLC manager is released I can no longer download any more new DLC or my own stuff from next weeks routes. I am at 66.96 gb of DLC (including the 3 new routes). So I am erm kind full Mr Creosate full.

Cheers

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  45. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I do wonder if this expansion pack is an enhanced version of the New Journeys pack? It’s a bit odd how it’s the only bit of DLC that’s been held back.

• Like Like x 1
  46. redrev1917

It would be a nice gesture from DTG to provide this as an update to the original New Journey expansion pack rather than a standalone expansion pack but there's nowt for nowt in this world

• Like Like x 2
  47. eldomtom2

eldomtom2 Well-Known Member

I am fairly certain DTG's plan for the New Journeys pack is to split it up into three separate DLCs, and that is why it has not released with the other TSW1/2 DLCs.

48. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  49. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

Whoop de do.
    Who asked for this pack, an unrealistic waste of resources and money?

Dovetail digging a deeper grave…

• Like Like x 4
  50. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

The good news is that each loco can be bought separate for less:
    ScreenShot_20220927111720.jpeg

But having the F7 pulling modern fright on the route, now that's just feels insulting (not to mention how inaccurate it is with the livery).

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1