Here We Go Again. >sigh<

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by antony.henley, Sep 13, 2022.

1. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

It seems as though I have hit the 65gb dlc limit already. I Added BML,HMA, HBL,LGV and NDR, G6, BR187 and the 1938 stock to the downloads this morning. I had already removed LIRR,Pen Corridor, Lucerne - Sursee, SPG and Isle of Wight 2022, seems as though Dresden Chemnitz and Oakville sub have to go as well.

This takes me to 66.72 gig.

Well i wont be able to put any of next weeks or any new fourth coming DLC on by the looks of it now until the DLC manager has been released when ever that will be.

Hentis

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

This is so annoying and DTG have gone suspiciously quiet on the whole subject of the content manager.

• Like Like x 5
  3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Another failure from DTG then they’ll say every month that they’re working on it and *surprise* TSW4 will be announced with a DLC manager.

• Like Like x 7
  4. antony.henley

Last update we got was that its gone back to the engineers as the PS5 version crashed. Strange how it works (not released) on the Xbox and not the PS5 (which its meant for).

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  5. rich.minty

rich.minty Active Member

Agreed, the PS 64Gb limit needs to be sorted and sooner rather than later. With many unable to enjoy routes they already own and with undoubtedly more new routes to come this has to be a priority.

• Like Like x 2
  6. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

This isn’t a great way to treat a significant number of customers. I have no faith that it will ever be fixed . So sick of the way PS customers are treated

• Like Like x 2
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

A quick update from me - we're still in the same position as pre-launch, but after focusing on TSW3 launch last week the team are back at it this week.

It is likely to come on TSW2 before TSW3 - but once it is out on TSW2 it shouldn't take too long to implement within TSW3.

• Like Like x 2
  8. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Do we have an estimation at when it’ll be available for TSW2 at least ? It’s been a year now nearly

• Like Like x 1
  9. DTG JD

I don't at this stage.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Alright thanks I hope it’ll be soon

11. Jayhuncho

Jayhuncho New Member

It’s honestly insane that we’ve been dealing with this for over a year now. I’ve remained very quiet about this subject. I just have been installing what I want to play and uninstalling what I don’t every couple of days. But with the release of a whole new game & this fix not only getting fixed, but carrying over to the new game… I’m baffled. I own every DLC so for me to only have access to a fraction of the content I own is inane to me. With TSW3 I can fit less routes on the game before routes start to disappear, around 10 to be exact. I know it’s not necessarily DTGs fault, but after a year I would think to have made some progress! This is very frustrating to say the least.

• Like Like x 6
  12. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

Over a year... Maybe fix TSW2 before releasing a (just as broken) TSW3? Very poor form DTG...

• Like Like x 2
  13. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

It’s not required on Xbox is it? There is no 64Gb limit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Quite honestly fed up with this. I love the dynamic weather in TSW3 but that's the only advantage to owning this game currently. I own SEHS for TSW2, Wurzburg is a snorefest with no layers and the 36 hour timetable is a botch with no passenger trains in the morning if you start with freight past midnight and SoS just seems to be dead with no layers or satisfying timetable. I have 11 routes on TSW3 compared to 19 on TSW2 and virtually nothing that can layer on TSW3 unless I reduce the routes in TSW3 below 11 and, even then, it now appears, following the new batch of routes, that the Creators Club stuff that I subscribed to in TSW2 is no longer ported. That leaves 20+ routes currently sitting on the cutting room floor that I probably paid £20-ish a shot to own. £400 that I can nothing with without devoting my time to deleting, double checking layers, uploading, checking layers, checking creators club content, experiencing a crash, deleting etc etc etc

I have said so many times how much I love this game but I am starting to feel I am losing that with the above and the crashes and bugs that I continually find.

Sorry, I know it's a rant but I am growing increasingly tired of the rhetoric

• Like Like x 10
  15. royalscot#3684

royalscot#3684 Well-Known Member

On another thread DTG have recommended uninstalling routes to improve performance... so even if you could install everything it probably isn't wise to do so.

I'm not sure any of this has been thought through... Perhaps there should be national editions with entirely separate game installs for UK, Europe and US routes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Just because someone thinks something through doesn't mean they will come up with a logical decision (I once thought marriage might be a good idea for example (it wasn't))
    I imagine people at DTG think all sorts of things are good ideas, but unfortunately many people disagree on what "a good idea" is a lot these days, and in train sim gaming people can often have "very strong views" as well as "being set in their ways a bit" so DTG really can be on a hiding to nothing in a lot of what they do (or don't do)

17. antony.henley

No you are correct but it has possible good implications for Xbox as well as Gen 8 players. If you choose a route to play it will only "mount" that route and the laryers DLC required to play into memory so instead of having everything loaded into the memory it only takes whats required. So not only would this be good for the PS5 but implications for better play on Gen 8 consoles is welcome.

Hentis

• Like Like x 6
  18. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I do sometimes question how this issue has been prioritised.

This was and still is a major problem for PS5 players, in fact I’d say it’s the biggest issue plaguing Train Sim World quite frankly as players on PS5 can’t play TSW2 or TSW3 to the standard that players on the other platforms can. It has been that way since the Sony put that arbitrary limit up.

In the time between the discovery of the limit and now, the Xbox sounds issue has been raised, fixed and sorted in a relatively quick timeframe in comparison to this one. It’s perfectly understandable why players are getting frustrated as it does look like PlayStation is getting the short end of the stick. It does look and feel like they’re low priority from their perspective, not saying that is the case, just saying how it looks at the moment. The recent slow DLC rollout, again Sony’s fault, and the gaps between updates on the issue make the situation worse.

At the end of the day, players have put their blood, sweat and tears into earning their money. Money then spent on TSW. To be able to only access a small portion of that paid content at any given time, being unable to access full potential of layers without chop and changing things for a year while other platforms get full access their content is beyond frustrating.

I do hope the problem is close to a solution, this issue has prevented me from properly dedicating myself to the PS5 version despite the game running smoother than it does on my laptop.

Almost all of my frustration is aimed at Sony, there’s no reason to have this silly limit in the first place. It definitely goes to show that they are not for the players! I do wonder how frustrating they are to deal with from DTG’s perspective.

Anyway, that’s me done venting!

• Like Like x 3
  19. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Really, Matt said all I needed to hear. According to him, one guy was working on it full-time - one guy. That's not what prioritisation looks like to me. I don't buy the "more people wouldn't solve it faster" excuse Matt used either. More people could have either helped out or explored different solutions.

I used to think like that but honestly? I don't anymore. DTG didn't read the info Sony sent out thoroughly. That was a mistake - an understandable one, but a mistake nonetheless. Is the limit arbitrary and stupid? Most likely and yes. Is it acceptable for DTG to let their players sit here for a year without any fix? Definitely not. All I've heard over the last year was excuses and "we're working on it" along with the occasional "it's in testing" followed by "we had to start from scratch." I'm a patient person but even I've got my limits. At this point, I'm not even sure if DTG even have any ideas for how to fix this - certainly doesn't seem like it based on the time frame (or lack thereof).

When all of this started, I was patient and understanding but empty promises don't help me get around the 64GB limit.

That's my rant done.

• Like Like x 5
  20. goochdog#5870

goochdog#5870 Well-Known Member

Agree with all if that . I too am worried that they haven’t got a clue how to get around this massive problem and just keep paying us lip service .
    With so much cloak and dagger and being mislead (including the “we are working on the pres crew stuff and nothing else “ when out of nowhere TSW3 appeared ) I have lost faith in anything ever being sorted and am surprised and pleased in the occasions when they do . I fear that we may never see a save function on this version either .

• Like Like x 3
  21. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

The XBox version was probably a lot easier to put together because the XBox was already easier to manage this kind of thing on.

• Like Like x 1
  22. hells.high.lord666

hells.high.lord666 Well-Known Member

While I agree that one man working on this issue doesn't scream that it's been highly prioritized ( it clearly hasn't!) I disagree that DTG not reading the Sony info thoroughly is the issue with it! The issue sits squarely at Sony's feet with however they've screwed up the PS5 to require this DLC limit in the first place! It certainly isn't down to the available space of the SSD because the series X has about the same available space but Xbox players can use all of the available DLC if they have it. What have Sony done to screw up the architecture of the PS 5 to make this gen not be able to handle more than 64GB of DLC when their last gen console can play the same game with all of the available DLC installed (again if the players has it.) We know it's not the space of the SSD because COD games are just as big with all their DLC as they were last gen and they can still be fully utilized on PS5!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Princess Entrapta

Well, it's entirely going to be software-based limitations.
    It's pretty clear they designed the operating system around a base assumption, that all DLC for a game would be included in the main install, and the licence for it simply unlock that content via a small DLC of a couple of megabytes. It's a system designed for anti-consumer practices of filling a game in advance with content designed to be sold piecemeal, and not built to account for things like people having space constraints, poor internet connections, or developers supporting a game long-term with large pieces of expansion content and/or modding tools.

• Like Like x 2
  24. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

If you own the Rush Hour Dresden DLC, it is! This DLC crashes at a certain point in Dresden because of some Memory Error, especially on Xbox Series S, but as far as I understood, on Series X and Gen8, too. DTG told us the DLC Manager would solve this problem. Sadly the game crashes on this route till today, no matter if you play it on TSW2 or TSW3. It’s a shame that the fix will be rolled out in the first step just for TSW2. But okay, it is like it is and we all hope and pray that this will be the solution to all this trouble in the end. I think it's much more anoying for PlayStation users than for us Xbox players.
    Because of all this I will still keep TSW2 on my SSD, although I‘m only using TSW3 right now, but I want to test if this bugfix will help or not as soon as it is available.

25. Princess Entrapta

I've never encountered Dresden crashes on Series S. London to Brighton absolutely, those were non-stop when it launched, but Dresden I've not seen it once. And I have a 200GB TSW2 install with every route except RT, so I am sceptical of this being the cause of most out of memory crashes.

26. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

The game crashes often right behind Dresden Mitte when you’re heading from Riesa or Coswig or Meissen to Dresden. Not on every journey, but over again. According to DTC the reason for those crashes is that the game always loads every content into the memory, no matter if it is needed or not. Due to the fact that there is so much traffic round Dresden (which is pretty cool and one of the reasons why I love this DLC) the game crashes with an memory overflow. This is not my assumption, it is what DTC stated one year ago.

27. Princess Entrapta

I know, I just haven't encountered these same crashes, so suspect there's more to it. I wonder if it's something from RT that isn't layering in to mine that would push it over the memory limit?

28. antony.henley

Dresden and Brighton Mainline have crashed alot for me on the PS5 in the early days of Rush Hour, Over the past year both Dresden and Brighton Mainline have been optimised and now on both routes I can literally do runs with out any crashes. So they have optimised it. BML ran ok the other day hardly any stutters although I don't have the Class 43, Class 50 Class 66 or Class 166 installed. So yeah that will have to wait now until the DLC manager is released. I will run Dresden later today and see how that fairs although I don't have the MSB stock to layer in.

Hentis

29. Princess Entrapta

To be fair, I have played it a lot less since the month it released, I'm just not as into German routes. Most of my experience of it is from then. Which is why my memories of BML are of it crashing about 98% of the time on Series S, whereas my Dresden ones are of really nice night lighting.

30. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

It’s just a growing list with Sony this generation. It’s seriously making me think about getting a Series X.

31. DTG JD

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1